News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - What Clubs Do You Follow In Different Sports?

Started by White Noise, March 02, 2011, 06:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Quote from: Gozorich on March 03, 2011, 12:01:56 PM
NFL -  Minnesota Vikings
MLB -  Minnesota Twins (Only US team I have seen live - lost 0-1!)
Football - Motherwell
              Bordeaux
              Gozo FC.

Hey Mr Gozorich - looks like there will be at least two whites fans on Gozo in August, am doing my annual pilgrimage to a mate's farmhouse in Xewkija around then...

Burt

Football. Erm...  :023:

Other football club. Celtic. Went there as a kid and was blown away by the stadium, atmosphere etc. I have also seen a couple of Met Police games as I live close by Imber Court.

Rugby. Quins, after I lived in Twickenham for 7 years.

Baseball. Giants. The company I worked for is headquartered just out of San Francisco and I managed to take in a couple of games.

American football. Raiders. Same reason as above.

LBNo11

Quote from: Alanovich on March 03, 2011, 04:02:36 PM
Quote from: gang on March 03, 2011, 03:01:48 PM
I used to play Shinty many years ago, never forgot the pain of being hit on the ear with that hard white ball.

That, and Hurling, are, I believe, the hardest games in the world, played by the hardest blokes.  I just watch, and squirm.  I'm way too soft to play.

...at the Twickenham rugby sevens, many (many) years ago they had an exhibition of Hurling between the tournament games - ye gods that looked lethal, they didn't have physios either, just dentists..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Gozorich

Quote from: Alanovich on March 03, 2011, 12:25:31 PM
Hello Gozorich, my Mum's family come from Malta, Sliema to be precise.  Up the Wanderers.

Wanderers are the ManU/Liverpool of Malta but are having a bad time. As my 10,000 in laws, all of whom I have met, hail from Hamrun or Floriana I would have to support Hamrun if it wasn't for little Gozo.
When I first visited Malta my late Father-in-law warned me never to bet on a Maltese football result - just phone him and he'd tell me on the preceding Friday.
Nothing has changed.

My children, born in Kingston hospital and FFC to the core, are half Maltese and half Scottish - God help them! :008:

LBNo11

Quote from: Gozorich on March 03, 2011, 04:43:44 PM
Quote from: Alanovich on March 03, 2011, 12:25:31 PM
Hello Gozorich, my Mum's family come from Malta, Sliema to be precise.  Up the Wanderers.

Wanderers are the ManU/Liverpool of Malta but are having a bad time. As my 10,000 in laws, all of whom I have met, hail from Hamrun or Floriana I would have to support Hamrun if it wasn't for little Gozo.
When I first visited Malta my late Father-in-law warned me never to bet on a Maltese football result - just phone him and he'd tell me on the preceding Friday.
Nothing has changed.

My children, born in Kingston hospital and FFC to the core, are half Maltese and half Scottish - God help them! :008:

...I hear Scotch Malts are very popular.. :dft012:

Gozorich

Quote from: Burt on March 03, 2011, 04:37:01 PM
NFL -  Minnesota Vikings
Football - Motherwell
              Bordeaux
              Gozo FC.

Hey Mr Gozorich - looks like there will be at least two whites fans on Gozo in August, am doing my annual pilgrimage to a mate's farmhouse in Xewkija around then...

Give me a shout nearer the time and we'll meet up for a beer or 3. You'll need them in August. I live in Qala.

I have met 2 other FFC fans on the island but not in touch.

Also, I used to live around a few hundred yards from Imber Court.

Burt

Quote from: Gozorich on March 03, 2011, 04:48:06 PM
Quote from: Burt on March 03, 2011, 04:37:01 PM
NFL -  Minnesota Vikings
Football - Motherwell
              Bordeaux
              Gozo FC.

Give me a shout nearer the time and we'll meet up for a beer or 3. You'll need them in August. I live in Qala.

I have met 2 other FFC fans on the island but not in touch.

Also, I used to live around a few hundred yards from Imber Court.

Small world...!

Will take you up on that. Nothing like a cool Cisk or Hopleaf to keep the heat away  :003:

LBNo11

...anyway is it Imber or Ember Court, and why is that roundabout on Hampton Court Way such a pain to get round in the rush hour..!

Gozorich

Quote from: LBNo11 on March 03, 2011, 04:53:21 PM
...anyway is it Imber or Ember Court, and why is that roundabout on Hampton Court Way such a pain to get round in the rush hour..!

Imber Court, Ember Lane.
The problems at that roundabout stem from the massive congestion a few hundred yards up the road at Hampton Court Bridge.

LBNo11

Quote from: Gozorich on March 03, 2011, 04:57:24 PM

Imber Court, Ember Lane.
The problems at that roundabout stem from the massive congestion a few hundred yards up the road at Hampton Court Bridge.

...tell me about it! The only solution would be a flyover or a magic roundabout like they have in Hemel and Swindon - I hope not the latter though, shutting my eyes and putting my foot down has worked so far, but the law of averages is against me..!

Burt

Quote from: LBNo11 on March 03, 2011, 05:12:23 PM
Quote from: Gozorich on March 03, 2011, 04:57:24 PM

Imber Court, Ember Lane.

...tell me about it! The only solution would be a flyover or a magic roundabout like they have in Hemel and Swindon - I hope not the latter though, shutting my eyes and putting my foot down has worked so far, but the law of averages is against me..!

If I don't get across the bridge by 7am in the morning then my 20 mile commute to Slough is a complete mare.

Its been even worse with the water repairs going on by the Thames Water plant in Hampton.

C'est la vie.

Tom

Quote from: Alanovich on March 03, 2011, 11:29:15 AM
Rugby Union - London Scottish
Aussie Rules - St Kilda
Hockey (Field - Men's) - Reading
Shinty - London Camanachd
:tom: is Shinty? Sounds like something I do in the bathroom.
Fulham for life!

finnster01

Quote from: Tom on March 03, 2011, 10:02:00 PM
Aussie Rules - St Kilda

Shinty is a game played by men with no front teeth mainly of Scottish decent. The lack of front teeth is part & parcel of playing the game. Take all the violent parts of hockey and lacrosse, give them a wooden stick with a larger head and you have Shinty.

Had a flat mate many moons ago from the Scottish Highlands (aptly named Ross), who was an avid shinty player. Needless to say, he was as mad as a hatter on top. You do not play that game unless there is something very wrong with you.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

White Noise

Quote from: Tom on March 03, 2011, 10:02:00 PM
Aussie Rules - St Kilda

This is Shinty Tom -

London Camanachd vs The Highlanders Shinty

and I don't know how familar you are with Hurling? -

Hurling - The Fastest Game on Grass

Tom

Thanks finnster and WN. Never heard of it before.
Fulham for life!

Vinnieffc

Football : FULHAM (Eng)
              Bray Wanderers (ROI)
               TSV 1860 Muenchen (Ger)
Rugby :    Blackheath
NFL  :      Pittsburgh Steelers
AFL :       St Kilda (adopted them when I was in Oz as they wear FFC colours)
RL   :       Nobody (Girlie game)
Gaelic :    Munster

oh and....

Cricket

Vinnieffc

RidgeRider

Quote from: SoCalJoe on March 03, 2011, 04:32:26 PM
Quote from: MisfitKid on March 03, 2011, 03:58:36 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on March 03, 2011, 02:49:02 AM
Quote from: MisfitKid on March 02, 2011, 08:07:12 PM
Football: FULHAM!!, San Jose Earthquakes (MLS)
NHL: San Jose Sharks
MLB: San Francisco Giants, California of Los Angeles of Anaheim Angels ( :034:)
Throwball: San Francisco 49ers

Same for me minus the Angels.  :tom:

Born & raised in OC, now in the Bay Area for 20 years. The Angels will always be near & dear.

When it comes to the Angels, Misfit has got good taste RR  :045:
College Sports: U of Arizona (especially hoops)
NFL: Seattle Seahawks (born there)
NBA: Portland Trailblazers (raised there)
MLB: Angels (live 15 minutes from the great stadium that is the Big A)

SoCal, I went to Beaverton High School. You live anywhere near there?

RidgeRider

Quote from: Burt on March 03, 2011, 04:40:18 PM

Baseball. Giants. The company I worked for is headquartered just out of San Francisco and I managed to take in a couple of games.

:54:

nevzter

Quote from: RidgeRider on March 04, 2011, 12:51:15 AM
Quote from: Burt on March 03, 2011, 04:40:18 PM

:54:

Burt, I've got access to a few good seats each year, let's meet up.

Other than Fulham, they're my favorite professional club.

COYW

COSFG
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."