News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham - Blackburn: All Goals + Johnson penalty claim (video)

Started by Bilet, March 05, 2011, 08:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clint23

Boggers

The more I see it, the more I think it was a penalty - soft none the less. But clearly Crappenburg was feeling the pressure from missing the earlier decisions.

Did anyone else think that it should have been a sending off when Duff was clean through?
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

clint23

Quote from: Boggers on March 05, 2011, 08:42:01 PM
Did anyone else think that it should have been a sending off when Duff was clean through?

Clear sending off, Clattenburg made many decisions against us; 2-3 pen. not given, plus the sending off you mentioned

Bilet

Quote from: Boggers on March 05, 2011, 08:42:01 PM

I'm not sure. Video coming up of the incident shortly.

Steve_orino

Thanks for that Mr. Bilet, I missed the game while coaching my son's team today.

Penalty, soft or not, just glad to see Zamora in the side & getting a goal...
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

ron

Not sure it was a soft penalty. Having just seen it for the first time, I think that awarding penalties for those infringements is the only way to stop the culture of shirt pulling and tugging that favours the less skilful teams in the Premier League.

All in all (and I admit that I didn't see the whole game), I thought the ref called all theright decisions in the clips on this thread.

LBNo11

...Bilet, can you get Andy Johnson's other penalty claim up, the one where he went to the goal line, beat the Blackburn defender to the ball and was heading back infield and would have only had the goalie to beat but then 'went down' now that was at the Putney End, but from the HE it looked a blatant penalty..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

ron

Quote from: clint23 on March 05, 2011, 08:40:43 PM
WOW... brilliant work, Mr. Bilet!  :Sparkyticus:

Yes indeed .  Hear Hear!  Well played Mr B !

Boggers

Probably is a foul, but Duff goes down easily. I still love him though
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

Bilet

Quote from: LBNo11 on March 05, 2011, 09:24:54 PM
...Bilet, can you get Andy Johnson's other penalty claim up, the one where he went to the goal line, beat the Blackburn defender to the ball and was heading back infield and would have only had the goalie to beat but then 'went down' now that was at the Putney End, but from the HE it looked a blatant penalty..?

Here it is:

Fulham - Blackburn (AJ Penalty Claim 1st Half)

For me that's the clearest of the penalty claims throughout the game. Def a penalty. Thanks for reminding me.

ron

Also, to the point, the clip sums up AJ's play for me; he always seems to be on the wrong side when he is challenging for the ball.

Bilet

Quote from: ron on March 05, 2011, 10:05:27 PM
Also, to the point, the clip sums up AJ's play for me; he always seems to be on the wrong side when he is challenging for the ball.

For me it shows a man who never gives up on a ball even though it's shitty or seems lost.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Bilet on March 05, 2011, 10:14:19 PM
Quote from: ron on March 05, 2011, 10:05:27 PM

For me it shows a man who never gives up on a ball even though it's shitty or seems lost.

Agreed. I think he had a superb match. I mean....remember the scene where he duped Samba - this is pure class and he really is back to his best. Goals will come if he continues like that. But it's great to see that his play is not only about goals. It is so much more. Pace, work, layoffs, assists and a very good technique.

@Bilet: I started to post your videos in my blog a while ago, I really hope it's not too much of a hassle for you?! :dft001:

These clips are quality, your work is great! Keep it up! :54: :wine:

Jimbobob

:018: :018: :018:
I don't know how you do this but these are just the best!!!!
The match was a replay on Fox Soccer Plus which I do not get.
I wanted my son to see the highlights (he noticed how apoplectic I was hours after the match)
You are the  :Sparkyticus: :Sparkyticus: :Sparkyticus: MAN!!!!!!
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Bilet

Quote from: Mr Fulham on March 06, 2011, 02:14:03 AM
@Bilet: I started to post your videos in my blog a while ago, I really hope it's not too much of a hassle for you?! :dft001:

No problem at all, but can't guarantee that they will be up there for a long time. The copyright-police are usually all over the place :)

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Bilet on March 06, 2011, 09:33:29 AM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on March 06, 2011, 02:14:03 AM

No problem at all, but can't guarantee that they will be up there for a long time. The copyright-police are usually all over the place :)

Ah, no worries. We will be fine. :wine:

____
Regarding penalty decision: I have consulted my pillow and came to the result that I would have given it. I don't even think it was a "soft" penalty.