Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11694_6800201,00.html

Duo revved up for Carr chase

Fulham & Stoke keep eye on Blues skipper

By Pete O'Rourke - Follow me on Twitter @skysportspeteo    

Last updated: 7th March 2011    

Carr: Attracting attention

Skysports.com understands Fulham and Stoke are considering moves for Birmingham defender Stephen Carr.

Carr has been in outstanding form for Birmingham this season and put in a brilliant performance in last weekend's Carling Cup final win over Arsenal.

The former Tottenham and Newcastle star, who has just over a year to run on his current contract, has rolled back the years this term with a number of eye-catching performances.

Carr has virtually been an ever-present for Birmingham this season and his form has not gone unnoticed by other clubs.

Fulham boss Mark Hughes and Stoke chief Tony Pulis are both thought to be in the market for a new right-back for next season and they are believed to be weighing up moves for Carr.

Birmingham would be loath to lose their skipper as Alex McLeish looks to build on his side's Carling Cup success this season and their plans for European football next term.

AlFayedsChequebook

This would be so strange. Should we not be looking at people who are a bit younger?

White Noise

If you are good enough you are young enough.

35 in August but has been brilliant at Brum and can play anywhere along the back four. Experienced and a Captain and he's Irish - definitely worth considering.

elgreenio

wow, lets make our squad even older. Let Stoke have him, not doubting he's been a great player this season but would rather we look at the long term than a season long stop-gap
touch my camera through the fence

TonyGilroy

HatterDon

Quote from: TonyGilroy on March 07, 2011, 01:42:18 PM
Quote from: Blingo on March 07, 2011, 01:40:15 PM
Too old.

Even so you can still have an opinion.

Thanks, TG. There's nothing like starting my day with a laugh.

Re-Carr. Must we ALWAYS be linked with EVERY full-back in the universe? Seriously, this is getting ridiculous. Even when Konch and JP had the positions locked down, we were linked with fullback after fullback.

If Brummie goes down, Carr will retire again. If Brummie survies, Carr will retire again.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr Fulham

I think Carr is a player like Gary Speed - he will play until he's 40 and he'll still be brilliant. An outstanding fullback with boundless stamina. Having said this, he's almost 35 and could fill in until Marsh-Brown is ready. Seems to be a perfect deal.

mike_f

Quote from: Mr Fulham on March 07, 2011, 02:46:19 PM
I think Carr is a player like Gary Speed - he will play until he's 40 and he'll still be brilliant. An outstanding fullback with boundless stamina. Having said this, he's almost 35 and could fill in until Marsh-Brown is ready. Seems to be a perfect deal.
Isn't Marsh Brown a winger?

Burt

Not sure what the point of this would be.

We may get a good season out of him, max.

We should be looking at younger talent with the potential to grow with the club for a few seasons.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: mike_f on March 07, 2011, 03:05:17 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on March 07, 2011, 02:46:19 PM
Isn't Marsh Brown a winger?

He's able to play in both positions. He's learnt his footballing skills at RB.

MikeR

Age aside, we're not that bad off at RB, are we? Anyway, Carr would have fit better into our old system, as he has just 1 goal and 4 assists in his last 139 premier league starts. I believe that Hughes will want more of an edge if he's in the market for fullbacks this summer.
We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken

The Equalizer

I thought he was brilliant at the weekend. I didn't really know he was still playing, but he was always a cracking player - even at Spurs.

Sadly he's well past his sell-by date, so that's a big no from me.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Alternative