watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Fulham Future...

Started by zzamora, March 07, 2011, 06:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Fulham

Happy with the Cottage at the moment. I'm sure if the club see's fit to expand the stadium with more seats, I am sure they will. I just don't know where though because there is little room to really put anything.

@White Noise

Agree about the youth set up, things seem to be on the up since they brought those former Soton/Liverpool fellas. Hopefully we shall reap the reward in the future. Once we're able to produce players of quality from our own academy, it will lead to a more sustainable club.

TonyGilroy

Long term we have to accept that our level, at best, is lower Prem/upper Championship.

The size of our stadium hinders the possibility of development because kids can't afford to come cheap the way I did in the 60s. Had I had to pay the equivalent of £25 to get in then I'd never have gone.

If we magically had a 50K capacity we could afford to try all sorts to attract newcomers and it would eventually raise the level of support but it would be magic. The Craven Cottage capacity can't be raised much and we won't be moving. MAF wanted that years ago and discovered that that it wasn't economically possible.

Even with our magic 50K stadium of course we'd still be, at best, the 4th biggest London club.

We should accept that where we are now is as good as it gets and we need to consolidate to maintain this not dream of growth.

Blingo

Even with our magic 50K stadium of course we'd still be, at best, the 4th biggest London club.

But the one with the BIGGEST HEART Tony, and THAT is something that no one can ever take from us.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Blingo on March 08, 2011, 09:10:35 AM

But the one with the BIGGEST HEART Tony, and THAT is something that no one can ever take from us.

Come on. Most fans think that of their club. Nothing wrong with us thinking we're superior but we are biased.

AlFayedsChequebook

The good news is that any development on CC does not count towards the new financial fair play rulings, so if we upgraded the stadium at a cost of £5m, this would not count against our regular profits/loss.

Could this be a way to hide a cheeky £20m investment?

manxman

I may be wrong here, but aren't we supposed to be rebuilding the puntey and hammersmith ends in the next couple of years? Not for expansion just because of health and safety (I'm sure I read this somewhere) if this is the case, we get 2 new stands and a possible capacity increase. Simples
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

King_Crud

Quote from: zzamora on March 07, 2011, 06:54:07 PM
I can see that if we are still in the premier league by 2016 Al-Fayed will start to seriously consider building a new stadium.

I have no idea where you got this theory from

I would personally like a 30,000 seater, which like a key distinguishing feature (ie something like a wembley arch). I do not want a boring bowl like the emirates

We have the cottage and the Johnny Haynes stand, one of the most recognisable stadiums in the land.

The club really can't do much more than they are now. The stadium doesn't sell out, even for the biggest games I've had two empty seats to my left available.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: TonyGilroy on March 08, 2011, 08:53:13 AM

Long term we have to accept that our level, at best, is lower Prem/upper Championship.

The size of our stadium hinders the possibility of development because kids can't afford to come cheap the way I did in the 60s. Had I had to pay the equivalent of £25 to get in then I'd never have gone.

If we magically had a 50K capacity we could afford to try all sorts to attract newcomers and it would eventually raise the level of support but it would be magic. The Craven Cottage capacity can't be raised much and we won't be moving. MAF wanted that years ago and discovered that that it wasn't economically possible.

We should accept that where we are now is as good as it gets and we need to consolidate to maintain this not dream of growth.

Yeah. Fact is, there are only so many people who actually like going to football matches.

We're right next to a more popular and more successful club right next door, and a club of similar size also close by (who are also looking to expand now that they're on the rise, incidentally).

Even accounting for people like me who are prepared to travel a bit, there can't be that many more fans to fill seats in Craven Cottage. Building up a fanbase takes generations (which is why I don't like it when people are snooty about clubs like Wigan), build it and they will come just doesn't work in football.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

In 2016 MAF is going to be approx 83.  I don't expect that he will be pumping significant money into Fulham at that point in his life...

os5889

If we ever moved from Craven Cottage I'd consider my future as a football supporter

ron

I can see that if we are still in the premier league by 2016 Al-Fayed will start to seriously consider building a new stadium.

I would personally like a 30,000 seater, which like a key distinguishing feature (ie something like a wembley arch). I do not want a boring bowl like the emirates

I think we can let St Matthew (C8 v36) have the last word on that idea..

" For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? "

The Equalizer

Quote from: os5889 on March 08, 2011, 03:02:58 PM
If we ever moved from Craven Cottage I'd consider my future as a football supporter

Hear hear! My new home would be The Stoop.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

CorkCity

It's a golden era to support Fulham, our future will be the same as our past, a lot of ups and downs. Things are great at the moment so I would say "if it's not broken don't fix it"
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Blingo

The future is Stamford Bridge hahahahaha.

Alanovich

Quote from: ron on March 08, 2011, 03:21:31 PM

I think we can let St Matthew (C8 v36) have the last word on that idea..

" For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? "

Wasn't a problem for Walham Green DT Squatters, they never had a soul.
"I wear the trosuers in this house. And I wash them and I iron them."

- Dennis Thatcher