watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

US Pubs showing football: by City and State

Started by WhiteJC, July 26, 2011, 06:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

pubs showing football can be listed here.

Check the format below and add yours, or PM Logicalman to have them added. Provide a couple of details, if possible, if not LM will try and look some up for you.

So far we have the following (See below for fuller descriptions - they are in the same order as listed)

San Antonio - Texas
Columbus - Ohio
Manhattan New York City - New York
Atlanta - Georgia
Jacksonville Beach - Florida
Indianapolis - Indiana
Cincinnati - Ohio
Lyon - France
Baltimore, Maryland
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Arlington, Virginia
Los Angeles Area, California
Cincinnati, Ohio
Chicago, Illinois
San Francisco, California

HatterDon

San Antonio, Texas

Good man, sir.

[size=104pt]I'll start off with SAN ANTONIO, TX[/size]

The Lion and Rose Pub -- the Broadway/Alamo Heights location is the best.
http://www.thelionandrose.com/locations/alamoheights.php

Available even early on Sunday mornings for league matches. Two screens directly over the bar with about a half-dozen others. The convention is that if supporters of clubs playing at different venues at the same time are present, each match will have one screen with the audio changing at half-time. 3 p.m. kickoffs in England will be 0900 or 1000.

Pub grub is fair to middlin', and they have a good selection of beer including Fullers ESB. Fullers goes especially well with sausage and eggs.

If you're going to be in town for a match, contact me or Ag and we'll see you there.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

kirkoa

Columbus - OHIO

The Pub Polaris
1554 Polaris Parkway
Columbus, Ohio 43240
614-781-7829

Website

The Pub at Polaris here in Columbus shows alot of footie, and has alot of great beer and food    082.gif

Quote from: Mr. F on September 29, 2011, 03:08:31 AM
Been there a few times, really liked it! Have yet to catch a match though.
I'm a sucker for their beer sampler.

Why is the music playing while I'm talking?

finnster01

New York City - Manhattan

Legends
6 West 33rd Street
New York, NY 10001
Phone:  212 967 7792

http://www.legends33.com

Best place here is Legends at 33 st and just off 5th Ave (between 5th and Broadway). A few Fulham shirts can be spotted here on the occation.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

SCFulhmFan

Atlanta - GA

Fado
273 Buckhead Ave
Atlanta, GA 30305
Phone:   404-841-0066

http://www.fadoirishpub.com/atlanta/

Bunch of spots in Atlanta to see Football, but Fado's is where I go when I am in town visiting and old friend. http://www.fadoirishpub.com/atlanta/

Bartender Russ is amazing even though he supports the gooners.  Bit pricy for the pints and grub, but good times none the less.  Will be there opening weekend watching my Blackberry update while I try to do by best to support my friend's Evertonian campaign against Spurs.  

clintclintdeuce

Jacksonville Beach Florida

Lynch's Irish Pub
514 1st Street North
Jacksonville Bch, FL 32250-7004
(904) 249-5181

http://lynchsirishpub.com/

Your only place to catch all your Football (soccer) action is at LYNCH'S. All the matches will be shown, if they are on tv we will have them. Saturdays look out for opening early for those morning matches and as for FOOTBALL (NFL) we have the SUNDAY TICKET so you can catch all your out of market games, and of course GO JAGS.

footballing matches can be seen at Lynches Irish pub, home of the American Outlaws, and Sneakers.

The Dude abides.

Logicalman

Indianapolis - Indiana

Chatham Tap
719 Massachusetts Ave.,
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Phone: 317-917-8425

http://www.chathamtap.com/ordereze/1000/Page.aspx

Chatham Tap on Mass Ave, is an English Premier League pub. The walls are adorned with photos, old and new, from most of the prem teams (even a CC one from some decades back), along with a number of different tops and scarves. The wall behind the bar has all 20 Prem team scarfs displayed, with the current champions in the middle. Has 6 (six) TVs, with the main one behind the bar being a 55" with a 42" on the opposite wall and 4 other 37", all hi-def.

Food and beer are good - great value. Situated 10 minute walk NE side of downtown (The Circle).

The only drawback? ... The landlady is a scum supporter (via her boyfriend), and no end of chatting to her about the benefits of Fulham over the knuckle-draggers (yep - I used that term) would persuade her otherwise, though she will display any Fulham shirt I send her.

Chatham Tap

Update 20110128: The head barman now is a guy called John, and arse supporter, but very chatty and likes Fulham.
Was in there this weekend Fri/Sat, met a couple of Fulham fans from Indy, but a while bunch of ManUre and Poo fans on the Saturday morning FAC fixture. Most quite knowledgeable, and chatty. Good breakfast this morning with (almost) real bangers on the menu.

Definitely worth a stop by - IT IS THE ONLY TRUE ENGLISH PREM PUB I HAVE YET SEEN OVER HERE!!
(apparently a baseball fan stopped in one day and asked if they would turn one of their TVs over to baseball, he was asked to leave!!

Porkopolis

Cincinnati, Ohio

Tap & Go
950 Pavilion St
Cincinnati, OH 45202

Phone: 513-381-3584

http://www.tapandgocincy.com/
Sunday: 12 Noon -12am
Monday: 5:30pm-12am
Tues-Sat:5:30-2am

In Cincinnati, Ohio, Tap & Go in Mt. Adams shows a lot of football.  They also--as you might suspect from the name of the pub--show rugby. I know that several of the Irish pubs show football as well but I'm not all that familiar with them.

FC Silver Fox

Lyon, France

The Smoking Dog 
    16, rue Lainerie, 69005 Lyon

+33 4 78 28 38 27

A british pub you cant ignore. Pints of beer are served in a really nice atmosphere. Nice decoration (woodworks and bookshelves) and nice people (crowds of foreign students). A perfect place to have a drink with your friends or to spend your evening.

Is this just open to Americans or can anyone join in?

Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Logicalman

Baltimore, Maryland

Liam Flynn's Ale House
22 W. North Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.
http://pintsizepub.com/

So, there isn't any official designation or blessing from the club, but there's now a Fulham pub in the United States. The recently opened Liam Flynn's Ale House in Baltimore, Maryland will be showing Fulham matches every weekend, and Thursday (provided those are televised).

Which, in my book, is grounds to be designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Run by the most affable pub owner you'll meet, Liam's is located on North Avenue and a part of the Station North Arts and Entertainment District, which was recently awarded a nation-wide grant by the National Endowment for the Arts—one of just 51 across the country. Although already home to theaters, performance venues, restaurants, and other arts-based locales, I must admit the area is a little rough around the edges at night. But things are changing and as a whole there is a strong degree of buzz and vibrancy. And Liam's is a perfect tap into that energy.

You can checkout what games are being shown via the local Baltimore Fulham website:Baltimore-Fulham

{TimmyG} For what it's worth, Liam's (and the Fulham club, to a degree) gets written up in the Baltimore City Paper's Best of Baltimore:

best new bar

Logicalman

Cambridge, Mass

The Phoenix Landing
512 Mass Ave, Central Sq,
Cambridge MA
ph: 617-576-6260
http://phoenixlandingbar.com/soccer.html

Found this on the CC, though there was a comment about being a 'home' pub for Poo fans.

Quote from: DiceMan on March 28, 2014, 01:52:36 AM
I've been here a few times. They show the majority of the PL matches and some European leagues. It's definitely a Liverpool bar, complete with signed kits hanging on the walls. Most people empty out as soon as the LFC match is over so you can enjoy watching Fulham without much grief. It's a good atmosphere! On the weekends it transforms into a sort of dance club at night. Sounds strange but it works and it's always a good time. I'd highly recommend going here. They have Pimm's!! Food's not great but, being in the heart of Cambridge, there are plenty of good restaurants close by.

Logicalman

Arlington, Virginia

Summers Restaurant
1520 N. Courthouse Road,
Arlington, Virginia, USA
703-528-8278

http://www.summers-restaurant.com/

Summers Restaurant offers an innovative and compelling concept for the casual diner, with a wide variety of high quality menu items like steaks, ribs, chicken, seafood, sandwiches, salads and fresh ½ lb. gourmet burgers, all while enjoying live sports via satellite on our vast array of high-definition TVs.

Enjoy live soccer on TV in either the smoke-free dining room and bar, or step into our separately-ventilated smoking dining room and bar.  Apart from live soccer on TV, you can enjoy live international rugby, NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, Formula 1 racing, NASCAR, or boxing.  Just check the schedules on the left-hand menu. soccer schedule

SoCalJoe

Los Angeles Area, California

The Fox and Hounds
11100 Ventura Blvd
Studio City, CA 91604 (about a mile north of and across the 101 freeway from Universal CityWalk/Studios)

http://www.thefoxandhounds.com

Wide selection of beers (even though I've only had the London Pride) and food (full English breakfast among other fare available). One evening I had the bangers and mash before going to a concert at Universal and enjoyed it. Not a huge place, but open really early for matches. The most supporters for any team when the doors open gets the big screen (they do need to invest in a new tv or 2). Everyone else gets the smaller ones scattered throughout the pub.

West Side;

Ye Olde King's Head
116 Santa Monica Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90401
Telephone: (310) 451-1402

http://www.yeoldekingshead.com

Can't give a review since Santa Monica is a much further drive for me than Studio City, but I've heard good things about it and Santa Monica is always fun for a traveler to chill out in.

DRAUGHT BEER   [Prices: Regular Pint / Imperial Pint]
AMSTEL LIGHT (The Beer drinkers Light beer)..... $5.50 / $6.50
BASS ALE (English Amber Ale)..... $5.50 / $6.50
BODDINGTONS ALE (Cream of Manchester)..... $5.50 / $6.50
BUD LIGHT (American style light lager)..... $4.50 / $5.50
CARLSBERG (Danish lager)..... $5.50 / $6.50
COORS (Lager from America)..... $4.50 / $5.50
DRY BLACKTHORN CIDER (English Cider)..... $5.50 / $6.50
FAT TIRE (Amber Ale from Colorado)..... $5.50 / $6.50
FULLERS LONDON PRIDE (English Pale Ale)..... $5.50 / $6.50
GUINNESS (Irish Creamy Rich Stout)..... $6.00 / $7.00
HARP LAGER (Irish Lager)..... $5.50 / $6.50
HEFEWEIZEN (Wheat Ale from Seattle, Washington)..... $5.50 / $6.50
HEINEKEN (Dutch Lager)..... $5.50 / $6.50
KRONENBOURG (French Ale)..... $5.50 / $6.50
NEWCASTLE BROWN (English dark Ale)..... $5.50 / $6.50
OLD SPECKLED HEN (English fine Ale)..... $6.00 / $7.00
PILSNER URQUELL (Czech Republic Golden Beer)..... $5.50 / $6.50
SIERRA NEVADA (Californian Pale Ale)..... $5.50 / $6.50
SMITHWICK'S (Irish Red Ale)..... $5.50 / $6.50
STELLA ARTOIS (The Pride of Belgium)..... $5.50 / $6.50
SHANDY (Mix of Beer & 7up) Import & Domestic (your choice).....  $4.50 / $5.50
BLACK & TAN (Mix of Guinness and Ale)..... $5.50 / $6.50
SNAKE BITE (Mix of Cider & Lager).

You can observe a lot by just watching.

Porkopolis

Cincinnati, OH

The Moerlein Lager House
115 Joe Nuxhall Way
Cincinnati, OH 45202
513-421-2337

Website

THE CHRISTIAN MOERLEIN BREWING COMPANY WAS BORN IN 1853, IN CINCINNATI'S OVER-THE-RHINE NEIGHBORHOOD. CHRISTIAN MOERLEIN—A BAVARIAN IMMIGRANT AND BLACKSMITH— LOVED BREWING HEARTY, EUROPEAN BEERS, AND HIS CRAFTSMANSHIP WAS REWARDED WITH TOP HONORS WHEREVER HIS BEERS WERE EXHIBITED. MOERLEIN'S BEERS WERE NOT ONLY POPULAR IN CINCINNATI, BUT THEY WERE COMMONLY EXPORTED TO EUROPE AND SOUTH AMERICA.

THOUGH THE CHRISTIAN MOERLEIN BREWING COMPANY CONTINUED OPERATING AFTER MOERLEIN'S DEATH IN 1897, AMERICA'S PROHIBITION PERIOD FORCED THE COUNTRY'S BREWERIES TO CLOSE. BUT IN 1981, WHEN THE MOERLEIN BRAND WAS REINTRODUCED TO CINCINNATI, THE UPDATED BEER WAS ON THE LEADING EDGE OF THE CRAFT BEER REVOLUTION. SOON, IT BECAME THE FIRST BEER TO CERTIFIABLY PASS THE STRICT REINHEITSGEBOT BAVARIAN PURITY LAW OF 1516. TRUE TO THE LAW SINCE CHRISTIAN WAS THE BREWMASTER, THE BEER CONTAINS ONLY FOUR INGREDIENTS: MALTED BARLEY, HOPS, WATER AND YEAST.

IN 2004, CHRISTIAN MOERLEIN WAS PURCHASED BY GREATER CINCINNATI RESIDENT AND BEER BARON GREGORY HARDMAN, WHO FOLLOWS THE SAME GUIDELINES OF TRUE QUALITY AND GREAT TASTE SET BY THE BREWERY'S FOUNDER: CHRISTIAN MOERLEIN. THIS COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE MAKES MOERLEIN QUITE SIMPLY A BETTER BEER.

The Moerlein Lager House in Cincinnati will show football at their bar when they are open for the match; you just have to ask. They open every day at 11 A.M. Eastern Time. As an added bonus they currently have London Pride as one of their guest drafts!

ChicagoCottager

Chicago, IL

AJ Hudson's Public House
3801 N Ashland Ave
Chicago, IL 60613
(corner of Ashland and Grace)

773-348-2767
www.ajhudsonspublichouse.com

AJ Hudson's is the meeting place of the Chicago Cottagers' Association and televises all Fulham games that are available in the US (satellite or streaming).  They offer daily specials and a great beer list, along with a full menu.  They have separate audio for the front and back rooms and the two clubs with the most supporters get the audio feed (usually getting FFC isn't a problem).  We usually meet in the back room with the big Fulham flag.

DiceMan

Quote from: Logicalman on October 01, 2011, 01:59:45 PM

Cambridge, Mass

The Phoenix Landing
512 Mass Ave, Central Sq,
Cambridge MA
ph: 617-576-6260
http://phoenixlandingbar.com/soccer.html

Found this on the CC, though there was a comment about being a 'home' pub for Poo fans.

I've been here a few times. They show the majority of the PL matches and some European leagues. It's definitely a Liverpool bar, complete with signed kits hanging on the walls. Most people empty out as soon as the LFC match is over so you can enjoy watching Fulham without much grief. It's a good atmosphere! On the weekends it transforms into a sort of dance club at night. Sounds strange but it works and it's always a good time. I'd highly recommend going here. They have Pimm's!! Food's not great but, being in the heart of Cambridge, there are plenty of good restaurants close by.

btings

San Francisco, CA

Kezar Pub
770 Stanyan St.
San Francisco,
CA 94117,
Phone (415) 386-9292

http://www.thekezarpub.com/

Across from the former home of the 49ers (Kezar Stadium) in the Haight-Ashbury District, Kezar Pub brings together fans of local teams and international sports enthusiasts alike. A seemingly endless variety of beers and multiple televisions make fantasy football fans happy on Sundays, while European soccer and rugby matches can draw a crowd even at 5 am on a weekday. Pool, darts and video games keep the rest entertained, and other sports such as hockey, boxing, hurling, cricket and even wrestling secure airtime at Kezar. The regulars munch on burgers and fries, nachos, pork chops and Buffalo wings.

-0-0-

This list is probably woefully out of date. Due to the time differences, I think there are now a lot of US bars that show football (since it can draw even a small crowd during non-peak hours), and most others that I've been in will put it on if you ask for it, even if it's just one TV in the corner.

(During the Gold Cup last summer, I walked into an empty bar downtown, and the proprietor tried to upgrade his DirectTV subscription to pick up the channel showing the game.  I told him to save his money, as it was in Spanish on Unimas, and that was fine.  We had a great time.)

Anyways, in SF, I normally watch at the Kezar Pub on Stanyan, but there are lots of other places, especially in North Beach, where you can catch games.

SoCalJoe

For Orange County & LA Area residents/visitors an ex-pat has set up tv viewings at The Huddle in Costa Mesa: 741 Baker Street, Costa Mesa 92626

You can observe a lot by just watching.

oakham

If there are any FFC supporters around the SF Bay Area, there's a small group of us who watch games together at Athletic Club Oakland. Cheers and COYW