News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Introduce yourselves and explain where are you from, and why Fulham..?

Started by LBNo11, February 20, 2010, 07:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert

Though born and bred in London and a loyal FFC boy for 40 years I now live and have done so for 10 years in Petersburg,Russia.Remain Fulham mad and believe I'm the only Fulham supporter living here.Would love to hear from any others here or would be pleasd to answer any questions to FFC supporters about Petersburg even if no strictly Fulham related.E-mail is [email protected].

Nightwind15

Nightwind15 here!  Born in Wilmington, North Carolina of the US of A.  Started playing football in 1968 with a bunch of Vietnamese in a place I did not want to be.  I played in the first match I ever saw.  They made me the keeper because I was tall and had played wide out in college.  I came to be attracted to Fulham due to Brian McBride coming on board and for the fact Fulham was an under dog in the league.  You know how we Americans clamor for the weak sisters of this world.  Anyway, loved the team the anxiety of staying up in the early years and now just simply stuck on Fulham and know everything printed about every player.  I watch the matches televised and the replays.  Go You Whites.
I played in the first match I ever saw!

YankeeJim

Welcome aboard. I,m currently on holiday in Nova Scotia so won,t write much. Since no one said it to me, welcome home,  starsnstripes
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

FulhamPHX

Greetings from the American Southwest!  Grew up in the Midwest near Lake Michigan, been baking in the desert for the last few years.  Began following EPL after the 2010 World Cup, enjoyed that so much I wasn't ready to stop, and unfortunately the domestic product here in the states isn't quite up to snuff (though improving, certainly).  Found Fulham mainly due to the past US International connections, like McBride and Dempsey, and just fell in love with the club and its supporters.  So much so that I am now planning a visit across the pond so that I can visit the Cottage and catch a match.  Looking forward to getting to know you all!

COYW!

Grimfang

Hi All,

Relatively new fan (still learning who all the players are)

1) What country and city/town are you from?

I'm from Melbourne, Australia.  oztralian I live out in foothills of the Dandenong Ranges in a town called Tecoma.

2) Why do you support The Fulham Football Club?

I had my first trip to the UK in March this year and decided to take my 10-year old son to a match.  We looked up the fixture for a match that suited and happened across the Fulham v Wolverhampton game.  When I called from Australia to book tickets the staff were fantastic.

Fast forward to the day of the game.  My son and I took the Tube to Putney Bridge and then the walk through Bishop's Park to the cottage.  We had a fantastic time; the scoreline helped but it was much more than that.  We felt welcomed and included; this is a great club.

3) Did you support another team before Fulham?
Time to own up; I originally had a minor interest in Tottenham, purely because I was given one of their shirts when I was a young lad.  Nothing more than looking at the news occasionally to see if they had won or lost.

LBNo11

...Hi Grimfang I hope you enjoy FoF, there are a few on here from Oz and of the Kiwi persuasion. Don't worry about the names of the new players, in this day and age you just get used to their names and they are off somewhere else in a blink of an eye.

Enjoy the ride, and get out and post more - we don't bite...

(much :008:)
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

tank49

1)  I was born at the Elephant and Castle, but lived in Vauxhall ( untill 15 years old ), then Brixton ( for 6 glorious reggae infused years ),followed by Chiswick for 4 years until work took me overseas to firstly Milan for 3 years, 2 years in Qatar , then even further afield to Australia for 5 years and finally here in New Zealand.

2)  First went to Fulham game in 1957 with a couple of school friends...........and have been WHITE through and through ever since. Still go to the cottage every time that I am back in England ( I will be there again in May for the Reading and Liverpool games )

3)  Never want to and have never ever supported any other team. 

TANK49

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Hi, I am Stefano and I am a Fulhamholic.
I am from Rome (Italy), but I do have a slight obsession for London and the Uk in general, be it football or music or whatever else. I came to live among you lucky people a couple of years ago, but unfortunately I am now back in Berlusconiland. My first time at Fulham was a 2-1 victory v Everton in the famous 2010 season and after that I never looked back. I had been to Spurs for my very first taste of english football, but nothing compared to the Cottage, the Golden Lion, Tasty's, the dump that was Bishops Park back then etc. It's fair to say It was love at first sight with the whole area even before a ball was kicked.
Since then I followed the whites home and away whenever I could afford it and this season I flew over for three games, Manure away and for the two back to back home games of Wet Spam and Manure again.
I didn't support any english team before. As a kid I was a Sampdoria fan, quite weird considering I am from Rome and I still look out for their results but I don't consider myself a Samp supporter anymore...I am 100% Fulham these days, but I do have a soft spot for Barnet (it was close to my home in London and I was their manager for years with Football Manager ;) ) and Celtic though.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

LBNo11

...welcome SOC, this section of the site is not so busy and so I would suggest you copy and paste this on the main board in the post with a similar title that is also a 'sticky'.

I there are at least three Italian fans - two of whom are on the FoF 'map' ( thread link :- http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=27364.195 ) add yourself to the list..!

076.gif
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

dino1828

Live in Jacksonville Florida, watched english football for years but could not find a team to latch onto, then my American football team's owner has bought Fulhum team so I said thats a bought as good as reason as any to become a fan of a team so here I am.

Berserker

Welcome Dino. Nice to have another overseas fan, hope you can make to the cottage sometime.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

YankeeJim

Welcome. Don't use the word soccer. I'd also suggest you got go "Fulham Stuff" and look over the history of this very fine club.  049:gif

dino1828

Thanks all I am already reading up on your club, I figured not to use the word soccer lol and i will not use it. I am looking for tickets to the october 26 game there it is one day before the Jaguar vs 49ers game and I am going to that.

bobbo

Hello all, Who is in the sydney area I'm out there at least twice a year and would love to share, watch a match with a few Ozzy exiles please reply on this board I'm waiting--------------------Bobbo
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Herman_MunsterRd

Hello All,

I'm Nate...from Brisbane, Australia. I'm an Australian originally but only just came back to Brisbane a couple of years ago after living in SW6 for a spell (Munster Rd, The name is a giveaway).

Why Fulham?...Well out of pity initially. I went to my first EPL game on a cold Wednesday night with a friend i'd known from Brisbane at Craven Cottage. I think we played Hull?...I sat in the away end because that was the only place I could get tickets. I sat next to some fat guy from Hull and he told me to shut up about Mark Schwarzer....he was creating alot of heat though so I tried to cuddle him a bit. He didn't appreciate it. Hull scored right at the death after Richard Garcia had come on (another Aussie) and I was filled with sorrow. My friend and I decided that night that we would follow Fulham FC. We started going to more and more games after I became a member and eventually I was going to every game. The short walk from my flat was golden and I started getting my girlfriend (now fiance) to go to games. We loved it...

After a few years my girlfriend's visa ran out so we had to move home. I try to stay up and watch the games with my buddy who was at the game with me that first night (he's moved back too). But I mostly just want other people to talk to about all things Fulham. Most people I know support bigger teams and it's nice to talk to people with perspective.

Anyways, nice to meet you all. I'll be lurking around.

YankeeJim

Shredhead

There are some great heartwarming stories on here. Welcome everyone.

I found out yesterday that one of the people in my team has been taken by her husband to the Cottage ('dragged' was the actual word she used for the first time, but now goes willingly). I immediately altered my opinion of her. Funny that, eh?
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Fullofham

Hello. Relatively new NYC-based fan. Was a bit partial before, but attended two games last season and am now hooked. Please excuse the idiotic username!

FulhamRhodeIsland

I figured this would be a good spot for my first post, but I am from Rhode Island, USA and a big fan of the New England Revolution. When Clint Dempsey moved to Fulham I started casually following Fulham but by the end it became a full blown obsession and once Deuce left for Spurs it was far too late to change allegiances. So I am stuck with Fulham, for good or for bad, the rest of my life! Come on you whites!!!