News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Introduce yourselves and explain where are you from, and why Fulham..?

Started by LBNo11, February 20, 2010, 07:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkedHat

What country and city/town are you from?
I was born in Battersea, London at the height of the Blitz. Because Herr Hitler and his Luftwaffe were making life uncomfortable, we moved to Wales where I spent the first six years of my life.
When we returned to London, what had been our house was now a pile of rubble, but we found rooms between East Hill and York Road in Wandsworth. Although we lived in abject poverty, I wouldn't swap my childhood for anything.
These days I live in a remote bush town in Victoria, Australia, some four hours from Melbourne. I originally came to Australia in 1976 on a four year's contract, but one thing led to another and we stayed,

2) Why do you support The Fulham Football Club?
In 1951 my uncle persuaded my father to take me to see Fulham. I was ten years old. My family were all Chelsea supporters but they wanted to see Tom Finney who was playing against Fulham for Preston North End. I was hooked. I had to do a paper round and help deliver bread for a bakery to earn enough money to go to games, but by the time I was eleven I was attending more games than not

3) Did you support another team before Fulham?
No never – and if anything ever happened to Fulham I would never support any other team :down_under:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

FFC Sydney

I am living in Sydney now after a 15yr spell in Hammersmith. I am from Cork Ireland.

My first job in London was on North End Road Market in Fulham between '96 and '99. Having arrived in the borough I had no initial allegiances and so went to see all 3 teams. The impersonal arrogant feel to "The C Club" alienated me immediately and the Shepherds Bush experience was also poor. I fell in love with Fulham and it has long since grown into a healthy obsession. I follow the club closely on a daily basis and being down under seems to have made it more intense. I try to get back twice a year if possible and I make sure there is a home game on before I choose my flight dates.  Fulham is a wonderful community and we have a great heritage. My most memorable experiences were the Portsmouth away game in the Great Escape and the bus from Craven Cottage to Hamburg for the final. If any fulham fan is around Sydney or Australia, I would be delighted to meet up and talk about our dear club.

And no - there has never been any other team that got me excited except for that brief spell when Ireland punched higher.... from about 1988-1994

fulhamhooligan

Hello All I have just joined this Forum as a result of the FB Group - my name is Scott & I live in Adelaide, Australia.

In April 1998, my wife & I moved to London to live, as I had just completed my Uni Degree as a Mature Age Student.

3 Days after arriving (Easter Sunday) I was standing outside Earls Court Tube Station @ around 7:30am & 'bumped into' 2 x Blokes wearing B&W Scarves - they had been to a 'lock in' @ The Pharaoh & Firkin Pub in Putney Bridge & were on their way home.
I mention their names because many on here may know them: Ferret & Orm

Initially, I assumed they were Newcastle Fans (as the Gordies has played The Arse @ Highbury, the day before).
When they told me they were FFC Fans, I said: "Who? You mean the team Terry from 'Minder' supports?"

I asked how I could get to a match & they said "We" play @ home tomorrow, if you meet us at the Pub, you can come with us.
So I turned up Easter Monday for a home match v Carlisle: Stood with them @ the Hammy End & 5 - nil to The Fulham!
I was 'sold' & would now be Fulham 4 Life.

The season ended with FFC making the Play Offs but going out in the 1st Round.
I then attended a 'Fans Trip' to the Isle of White in the Off Season & returned for 'The Keegan Era' - What fun was had on that Cup Run; away trips to The Dell, Villa Park & Old Trafford ... not to mention Liverpool in the League Cup (staying in a Hostel at the back of Anfield) & scoring 100+ points for the Season & winning the League.

We then got pregnant with my son Oscar (that's him in front row, 2nd from the right in my Profile Pic - FFC pre season in Melbourne with 'Woy', he walked out with Bobby Z) & we had to return to Oz  :012: because we couldn't afford to live in London on a single wage.

I returned (on my own) briefly in Jan '03 to see us play in the Top Flight (staying with Ferret - who is Oscar's God Father BTW) & fortunately saw Louis Saha play v Everton @ Loftus Rd (one of his last matches for FFC thanks to 'Purple Head' putting untold Media pressure on him via The Sun). He, Simon Morgan & Chris Colemann are my favorite all time players for FFC (I never saw Haynes, obviously or Robson or Best).

I was so fortunate to meet the NEC Njimegen Fans (in particular Frans & Twan) after that match too in The Golden Lion Pub - which gave me another Club to follow in another European League - Ferret & I went over to Njimegen for a 'tour' of their ground, a couple of days later.

Oscar & I watch most matches on Foxtel here in Oz & I will be taking him to The Cottage (& NEC) ASAP - when I can scrounge the finances together! He is also under strict instructions upon my death: Buy 2 x Business Class Tickets to London - via Melbourne.

He is to scatter 1/2 of 'me' on the MCG (we are huge Cricket Fans & go The Ashes Boxing Day Test every tour - Ferret too has been out here for 2 of them, including when you last won  :031:   :046: ... Oscar & I were there this time too (err, 5 - nil)) & the other 1/2 of my remains are to be scattered @ the Hammersmith End of Craven Cottage!

There are only 4 things that matter in my life: My Football Club, My 2 Children & My Wife - in THAT order  049:gif
#Fulham4Life #There is only ONE Simon Morgan  :Haynes The Maestro:
Dodgey Keeper... Dodgey Keeper

LBNo11

...a lovely tale, I enjoyed that, and yesterday I was in Putney with Orm and his baby son, and two weeks before with Ferret. Welcome on board fulham hooligan...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Bullgumbo

I'm from New Orleans, living near Sacramento, ca. Ridge rider and I know each other. He has let the whole world know that he's a fan of the Whites. I am football fan myself, having learned it in my late 20's in Spain, when I was globe trotting. I've followed it ever since, being a fan of the Spanish, French, English, German, Dutch (back when they played like gentlemen) and the Americans. I've been partial to Arsenal, having been a Bergkamp fan for a long time. Ridge rider told me to get on the blog and let you Englishman know that we're not all as provincial in our sports appetite as you might have suspected. Onward Fulham!

grenadier white

oi oi, my names martin, I have decided to start using this forum because I thought I wanted to get more in touch with our fans. I have been a Fulham fan as long as I can remember. All my family are chelsea. And the way I came about supporting the mighty whites, was when I was little they where on telly against chelsea. My mum thought I was going to be a chelsea fan because It was the first time she saw me glued to the telly.
Naturally Fulham lost and I started crying, thats when they relised I was going to follow the better and the first team in fulham!!!! I sit in the hammy end, H1. With the south west crew. (Because they are all from bournemouth area).  :005: And some of you may see me alot home and away, I have my little daughter layla with me all the time. And, if you sit near me. I am the guy who goes running down with her in my arms either after we have scored or having a go at the team.

So there you go. Ill be replying and posting regular now

COYW!!!!!! :yay:
Results may not go our way, we may be relegated. But come or shine ill still be there...and so will the rest of the faithful.....that and ill get another Fulham tattoo to add to my many others. COYW!!!

Fulhamdan

1) What country and city/town are you from? Perth, Australia

2) Why do you support The Fulham Football Club? My grandad and mother were born in Fulham and grew up here with stories of Fulham. Believe me it was hard in the early to mid 90's to get any Fulham news here in Australia.

3) Did you support another team before Fulham? Most Aussies followed Craig Johnston for Liverpool, so had kept an eye on them until Fulham made the Premier League.

YankeeJim

Welcome aboard Dan. We'll get that liking of Liverpiddle out of you. Ok to support your man but NEVER Liverpiddle or Chelscum. LOL.
082.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Fulhamdan

Hey Jim, don't like them, but back in the day there weren't many Aussies in the EPL and followed players more than teams.

WhiteJag

Greetings!
1) Ft. Lauderdale, FL USA
2) I'm a huge Jacksonville Jaguars fan and started watching Fulham after Shad Khan's purchase of the team.  Agree or disagree but I see similarities between the two teams.
3) I'm not only new to FCC, but to the EPL and football in general.  Soccer, *cough, isn't one of the "big 4" sports in the US but that's slowly and gradually changing.

Finnish Cottager

Hi,
I am a Fulham FC supporter from Helsinki, Finland. Maybe the biggest reason from me to choose this team was Antti Niemi when he played for Cottagers, the year was 2007 or 2008. For me Fulham FC is the only team to support in England. I'm also a supporter of HJK Helsinki because it's my local club.

Currently I miss seasons with former Finnish international coach Roy Hodgson, those days we had defence who knew what to do. Last seasons have been a bit messy but I believe Fulham will rise again.

I registered for this forum because I want to discuss with other Fulham fans and also I want to improve my English skills as well.

Cheers!  082.gif

YankeeJim

Welcome again White Jag and a first and sincere welcome to Finish Cottager. I must say your English is as least as good as some on the main forum. LOL

We picked up one from down under, one from the US and one from Finland. No one can say that Fulham have world wide appeal.   049:gif

Samsara

Ahoy,
I'm a Whites fan living in Durango, Colorado. I grew up in Colorado Springs, where I was raised in an athletic family and I fell in love with soccer during my playing days as a Goalkeeper. I knew of Brian Mcbride and knew of Fulham for a long time and loosely followed them until 2009. Fulham became an obsession in 2009 as I needed something to quench my thirst for the upcoming World Cup. Fulhamerica were playing in the Europa League so naturally I began to follow them. I watched them burn through the Europa League and I've been in love ever since. I also closely follow the Colorado Rapids and have attended many games.

YankeeJim

FatguySkinnyJeans, I seem to be the unofficial greeter. Welcome aboard! You've found a great bunch.

love4ffc

Welcome FatguySkinnyJeans.  I figure I should help Jim in welcoming you to what is an awesome family and a love that is currently in a bit of turmoil.  Hopefully we'll get things going in the right direction next weekend. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

mitimo

I was born in Hammersmith but grew up in Essex surrounded by West Ham fans, including at school, went to a few games there but didn't settle with te atmosphere.  My uncle was a Fulham fan and he used to take my older brother along to the cottage, then when I was about 12 or 13 (1961/2) I was allowed to tag along, we used to stand in the Hammersmith end about 1/2 way up behind the goal.  Loved the friendly atmosphere from the start.
I moved to Auckland, NZ in 1971 and have lived here since, had the odd trip back but for various reasons have not made it to the Cottage, somewhat regretful of that, always followed the results and any news as much as possible.  Even sat up with a Dutch friend in '75 to watch the FA Cup final.
For most of the Prem years I used to watch as many games as possible on Sky, then last year signed up to Premierleaguepass.com for streaming on web.  This year I am reduced to scanning for streaming sites or the replays on the Club site.
I come on to the FoF site most days for a read and occasional post.  I am a little sick and tired of the number of negative posts, I don't have a high regard for the current manager and wish him gone as soon as possible, but I am not about to cut the cord to FFC yet.  I honestly think we will see a change in the next couple of weeks.
I will continue to visit and read and post on occasions no matter what happens.

Vienna1

Hi, I guess I am a Fulham Exile (proud to be...), so here I go:

A little introduction if I may (I guess that's the idea here). I am Martin, I live in Vienna, Austria. I am probably more of a football fan than have any affiliation to a particular club. Possibly I would be a better journalist or referee than fan. But Fulham F always had a special place in my heart! Very sympathetic club! I was in Hamburg in 2010 and by chance got a ticket for the Atletico Madrid final. Great game. I was within visibility of Hugh Grant....  077.gif

I consider myself a guest here. I like you website, makes a very good impression. I feel well here. I think a good website is like a business card of a club. If people are being made feel welcome, they automatically like the club!

Another reason why I am here: I will be in London end of October and would only be too happy to watch Fulham FC at Craven Cottage (v Reading on 24 October?).  Thanks for reading my intro. In case of any questions feel free to ask.  Good luck to you all!
:wine:

YankeeJim

Welcome Vienna1. You'll find that other than a few whiners and complainers, we have a great bunch and most of the negative ones are good at heart. The club is signing new players and I'm getting excited about our promotion push this coming season.  If you hang around a bit you'll fall in love with the Mighty Whites!  082.gif

Vienna1

Quote from: YankeeJim on June 26, 2015, 08:47:03 PM
Welcome Vienna1. You'll find that other than a few whiners and complainers, we have a great bunch and most of the negative ones are good at heart. The club is signing new players and I'm getting excited about our promotion push this coming season.  If you hang around a bit you'll fall in love with the Mighty Whites!  082.gif

Thanks a lot, YankeeJim! I am absolutely sure I will fall in love with this Club! Great to be here!!!!
049:gif

Staffs White

Hi everyone posted an introduction way back in 2010 on the have we ever introduced ourselves thread, but as I've done more lurking than posting over the last 5 years, thought I'd re-post here with some more bits added, now I'm trying to stick to my new year resolution to be more active.

My name is Chris and I was born and still do live in Stoke-on-Trent.

I decided on a whim to follow Fulham in the mid 1980's, what made me do it, I don't know, Panini stickers and wanting to be different would be the most likely culprits, however as I think about it now I also feel there must have been some sort of 6th sense that attracted me to FFC. We are not your run of the mill club and are quite unique, it's almost like I always belonged even from nearly 200 miles away its always felt like my club. A club that suits my personality.

My 1st game was a 1-1 draw at Port Vale on 19th September 1987, I have the programme which is how I remembered the date, but I can't remember who scored.

The following 2 seasons were spent glued to teletext waiting for news of how we were doing on a Saturday afternoon with my yearly Fulham fix coming at either Vale Park or Gresty Road where I remember big Jim Stannard our Goalkeeper scoring direct from a goal kick once, the only places I could get to see us play live.

Freedom soon came when I passed my driving test on the day Italia 90 started and for season 91/92 I was able to get to the delights of Shrewsbury, Bolton, Bury Mansfield etc if Fulham were playing in the north I was usually there.

Amazingly (or maybe not it is Fulham after all) I did not see us win a game until the 91/92 season (nearly 5 years) when we beat Bolton at Burnden Park 3-0 and I'm sure Andy Cole might have scored or made his debut for us that day.

What on earth possessed me to keep following us during that dismal period when all my mates were watching Stoke City and Port Vale have some relative success I do not know.

My 1st visit to the Cottage was in 93/94 to witness a 0-0 draw against Wrexham.

I'm now married and have 2 young daughters who I hoped would like football thus giving me an excuse to get to more games but they are not bothered.....yet.

Whilst I've never been a regular I've attended at least one game per season since that day in September 1987 as a spotty 14 year old and would not change any of it, how many fans of other teams can say they've watched their team in all 4 divisions and a European Final.

:beer: