https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (11.03.11)

Started by White Noise, March 11, 2011, 06:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Back on Track

Thursday 10th March 2011

Following the Youth Team's disappointing exit from the FA Youth Cup at the hands of Watford, Kit Symons' players have embarked on a five-game unbeaten run, picking up impressive wins over Arsenal and Crystal Palace along the way.

With the Team having put the disappointment of the Youth Cup exit behind them, Symons reflected on this season's Cup campaign and stressed the importance of learning the lessons from that defeat.

"Sometimes these hard lessons can be the best ones to learn," Symons told fulhamfc.com. "On our day we're as good as anyone – I'm convinced of that. We play some really good stuff but it's about getting that level of consistency. Since we've gone out of the competition we've played pretty well.

"It was really disappointing to go out, we'd done really well with our performances up until the Watford game. Watford were a very good, strong and organised side – we knew that going into the game. Like the previous rounds, we did our homework. We knew exactly what to expect and there were no surprises on the night.

"With all that said and done, I felt that we went out with a whimper and didn't give a proper account of ourselves. In cup competitions you need to peak at the right times and we just weren't at it on the night.

"It was a case of us not playing anywhere near our full potential. The draw had been made for the next round, so the boys all knew that if we beat Watford, it would be either Chelsea or Barnsley away in the next round. As it turned out, it would have been Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, which would have been a fantastic occasion for everyone. All I can assume is that people took their eye off the job in hand.

"I was disappointed for myself but, more than anything, I was disappointed for the lads because they had been playing really well up until then. Watford thoroughly deserved the win on the night – they were the better team whilst we played more like a team of individuals."

Whilst being undoubtedly disappointed with the Cup exit, Symons' praised the manner in which the team has responded.

"We produced probably our best performance of the season against Arsenal away where we won 3-1 and it could have been a lot more," he said. "Some of the football we played was outstanding, we also drew with Portsmouth after having been very comfortable in that match – we should have won that. We also had a great win away at Palace last Saturday.

"We've had good form since going out of the Cup. The FA Youth Cup is a massive thing for these boys, and for some of them, they'll never get another chance to play in it. We try and build it up because the players have to get used to handling the pressure.

"The Youth Cup is the big focal point of the season and once you go out it can be relatively easy for players to down tools and think 'that's it now.' I, for one, won't accept that and I know the boys won't accept it from each other. We've really kicked on since then and have produced good performances and results.

"We've now got to try and win every game we've got left. We have a few games remaining in the league and it's very tight at the top of the table. Academy football is about developing players, but we're talking about Under 18s and winning is vital. They need to grasp the winning mentality. We've got the ability to win our remaining games – we just need to have the application, desire and drive to make sure we produce winning performances."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/March/SymonsYouthUpdate.aspx#ixzz1GDcfi2uG

White Noise

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6806349,00.html

Briggs poised for recall

Cottagers stopper returns to full fitness

Last updated: 10th March 2011   

Briggs: Set for recall

Fulham defender Matthew Briggs could be on the verge of a recall to the first team, reveals manager Mark Hughes.

Briggs, who turned 20 on Wednesday, has not played for the Cottagers since limping out of their defeat to Arsenal in the Premier League three months ago with a calf problem.

The young defender has recently signed a new contract with the club until 2014 and could make an imminent comeback now he has returned to full fitness.

"He's had a few injury problems but hopefully he's over them because they were holding him back," Hughes told the club's official website.

"When I picked him at Arsenal, that came to the fore and we knew something significant was going on that needed to be addressed.

"Thankfully, we seem to have resolved that and he can start featuring for us."

Fulham next take to the field for their league clash with Everton on 19th March at Goodison Park

White Noise

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2011/03/11/loaner-report-31011/

Loaner Report 3/10/11

Filed under: General — timmyg @ 2:14 am

Kagisho Dikgacoi started, played 90 minutes, and scored a goal in Crystal Palace's 1-0 win over Cardiff City on Tuesday. Please help me find a video of the goal.

Bjorn Helge Riise did not dress in Sheffield United's 2-1 win over Nottingham Forest.

Eddie Johnson started and played 90 minutes in Preston North End's 2-1 loss to Leeds United.

Lauri Dalla Valle started and played 62 minutes in Bournemouth's 2-o loss at Exeter.

Keanu Marsh-Brown started and played 48 minutes in MK Dons 2-0  win over Charlton.

White Noise

Everton suffer blow as Arteta is ruled out for up to six weeks with hamstring tear

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 11:42 PM on 10th March 2011

Mikel Arteta will be on the sidelines for four to six weeks after it was confirmed he suffered a grade two hamstring tear during Everton's draw with Birmingham on Wednesday.

It is the latest demoralising blow for manager David Moyes, who has already lost Marouane Fellaini for the remainder of the campaign with an ankle injury.

Tim Cahill has also missed the past three games with a foot problem and faces a race to be fit for Everton's Premier League assignment against Fulham next Saturday.

Pain game: Arteta pulls up with a hamstring injury during the draw with Birmingham

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1364864/Everton-suffer-blow-Mikel-Arteta-ruled-weeks-hamstring-tear.html#ixzz1GGuuPQnl

White Noise

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2011/03/10/a-xavi-for-his-time/

A Xavi for his time

Filed under: General — rich @ 9:20 pm

Doing a bit of digging around and found this about Johnny Haynes in an archive:

"In the first half alone his fantastic record was to be in possession of the ball 33 times, and to move it forwards to an unmarked team-mate 28 times!"

You can't get away from stats...

From 1959.

White Noise

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6805618,00.html

Senderos close to debut

Centre-back steps up recovery from Achilles injury

Last updated: 10th March 2011   

Senderos: Making progress

Mark Hughes will not hesitate in selecting injury-plagued Philippe Senderos as the Fulham defender edges ever closer to his debut.

The centre-back has not yet played for the Craven Cottage club's first-team due to the fact that he tore an Achilles tendon less than a week before the start of the season.

But Switzerland international Senderos played an hour in Fulham's reserves in Wednesday's defeat to Reading as he stepped up his recovery process.

The 26-year-old is now on track for a maiden first-team appearance and Hughes is eagerly anticipating the opportunity to call upon the former Arsenal player.

"He's been out for a long time and you get setbacks when you've been out for a significant period," said Fulham's manager.

"Philippe's got a lot of experience and has played at a high level for some time so he understands you go through periods like this.

"He's an outstanding professional and, when his time comes, I'll have no qualms putting him into the team because of his experience and ability."

White Noise

Bobby Zamora on his winning league return

Wed, 9 Mar 11

Duration: 9 mins

Available: 29 days remaining

We hear from Bobby Zamora after his match winning return to league action in the 3-2 win against Blackburn. Plus Mark Hughes on claiming a valuable three points against one of his former sides, and the goal scoring skills of Damien Duff.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/iffc

White Noise

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/sport/football/8902058.Casuals_keeper_eyes_big_time_as_he_trains_with_Fulham/

Casuals keeper eyes big time as he trains with Fulham

12:11pm Thursday 10th March 2011

By Graham Moody

Walton Casuals goalkeeper James Warrington could be the next non-league starlet to land a shot at the big time after having his two-week trial at Fulham extended.

The 19-year-old has been training with the Premiership side's reserve team and has also alerted the scouts at Crystal Palace, who recently signed Dulwich Hamlet's 17-year-old defender Quade Taylor.

"It is good to have some interest and if one team comes in for you then they all soon pick up on it so even if Fulham didn't want me, hopefully Crystal Palace might."

James Warrington
His period with The Cottagers was due to come to and end on Tuesday but he has been invited to train with them as and when he can for the foreseeable future as he juggles football with the first year of a physiotherapy degree at Brunel University.

Although in the dark as to whether a permanent move would materialise, he admitted he would jump at the chance.

"Without a shadow of a doubt I would take an offer from Fulham, you couldn't turn it down," he said.

"I really don't know what the plans are though.

"They have said when I am free I can to go there and train, I haven't got a time scale with it at all so I don't know what is going on.

"The only thing is no news is good news but I am not too sure really.

"I have a lot of university work at the minute so I will probably only go once a week or something like that.

"It has been brilliant though.

"It is more specified as we don't have a goalkeeping coach at Walton but as much as it is a step up in level, my job doesn't really change, it is still to keep the ball out.

"I think Crystal Palace were maybe coming to watch me recently as well.

"It is good to have some interest and if one team comes in for you then they all soon pick up on it so even if Fulham didn't want me, hopefully Crystal Palace might."

Casuals' play-off hopes have been hit after taking just one point from their last three games, despite prolific goalscorer Martin Grant returning to their ranks and scoring in Tuesday's 1-1 draw with second-bottom Corinthian Casuals.

Warrington still believes though they can gatecrash the top five having finished second-bottom last season.

"It has been massive going from where we were to where we are now," he said.

"I think we would like to be in the play-off positions and comfortable but we are in the hunt.

"Personally, it has been going really well and has been one of my best years.

"Neil just wants to win and the banter is great and it is a good club to be at as there is a good mixture of youngsters and seasoned professionals."

White Noise

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/5829/2/exclusive-%E2%80%93-murphy-gerrard-absence-would-be-huge-blow-liverpool%E2%80%99s-euro-hopes

Exclusive – Murphy: Gerrard absence would be huge blow to Liverpool's Euro hopes

By Alex Varney

Thursday, March 10

Liverpool's Europa League chances will take a huge blow if Steven Gerrard is forced to undergo surgery, according to Danny Murphy.

Gerrard is out of tonight's last 16 first leg against Braga with a groin injury and there are fears he may need to undergo an operation.

That would rule him out for a lengthy period, and former Reds star Murphy admits the 30-year-old's absence could prove costly for the club as they look to continue their resurgence under Kenny Dalglish.

"It will be a huge blow," he told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast. "He's obviously a key figure in what they do. When he's not playing they are not quite the same team - you have to admit that.

"Everyone seems to be playing with a smile on their face, theres a weight that's been lifted since Kenny's taken over and the performance against Man United was what we expect, that's how you want to see Liverpool playing.

"But Steve will be a blow with his experience in the European games and when he's not on the teamsheet whoever is playing against them they will get a spring in their step when they see he's not on the teamsheet."

The Fulham captain also revealed he was hoping his side can secure a top-ten finish this season, with star man Bobby Zamora finally back fully-fit after injury.

"He's been a big miss for us," added Murphy. "We've missed him because there's not many like him anymore - that ability when you're under pressure to get the ball up to him and he holds it up and lets you get up the pitch. It's like having a new player in many ways.

"Now we've got a fully fit squad we've got no excuses not to push on and try and get in that top-half now because we've got some good games coming up where we feel we can get points."

White Noise

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6807144,00.html

Cottagers linked to Getafe pair

Hughes keen on Boateng and Miku

By Francisco Acedo  

Last updated: 11th March 2011    

Miku: Attracting interest

Reports in Spain suggest Fulham are keeping a close eye on Getafe duo Derek Boateng and Miku.

It is claimed that the Cottagers have had the pair watched on several occasions this season by their scouting network.

The club may be yet to secure their Premier League status for another season, but manager Mark Hughes is already turning his attention towards next term.

That means indentifying potential summer targets before the transfer window re-opens for business.

He is believed to have taken a shine to Boateng and Miku, with the pair able to boast considerable experience of life in European football.

Interest
No approach has been made to Getafe as yet, but the Primera Liga outfit are aware that a bid could be in the offing.

A club director said: "There is interest but as yet we have not received a formal offer."

Boateng is a 27-year-old Ghanaian midfielder who is under contract at Getafe until 2013.

Miku, a Venezuelan frontman, is tied to the Spanish side until 2014, but it is expected that both men could be lured away if the price is right.

White Noise

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/fulhamchronicle/jul2010/0/6/brede-hangeland-image-1-337368470.jpg

Fulham defender Brede Hangeland eyes top-10 finish

By Yann Tear

Mar 11 2011

BREDE Hangeland believes Fulham's lack of cup ties will work in their favour as they attempt to see off any lingering relegation fears.

Although the big defender says he will not rest easy until the points confirming safety are in the bag, he hopes that without any FA Cup or Europa League ties to distract, like last year, players will be fresh and concentrated in the run-in.

"We can't dismiss the threat of relegation until we have enough points to make it mathematically impossible for us to go down, and I'm not going to feel safe until then," said Hangeland.

"But we're certainly looking up the table more than down.

"This season is a bit different from last season, when we had so many games. This time, there's going to be a few breaks in between and it will be one of those times when it's actually a good thing to be an international player.

"The pressure that comes from having lots of games in a short space of time will be less and I think if we perform well now until the end of the season, we could finish in the top half and that's certainly the aim now.

"We've been unlucky with the front-men this season, but to be where we are now is quite good and we're looking to do even better in the latter stages of the season."

Fulham's comfortable workload - the remaining nine games are spread over 11 weeks - will be highlighted this weekend when the Whites are out of action instead of being involved in an FA Cup quarter-final.

But Hangeland says he will not lose any sleep over missing out.

"It's definitely a wasted opportunity, but what can we do about that?" he said.

"We would have loved to be there. The Carling Cup and the FA Cup are a chance for teams like Birmingham and ourselves to win something. But Bolton will be going to Birmingham because they won here, so good luck to them.

"In football you learn to accept what's happened. We lost that game and we're not in the FA Cup anymore, so we can rip our hair out or do whatever we want, it's not going to help us."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2011/03/11/fulham-defender-brede-hangeland-eyes-top-10-finish-82029-28321750/#ixzz1GJQ9Pzrj

White Noise

Everton Next Up

Friday 11th March 2011

Our next Barclays Premier League fixture comes next Saturday when we travel to Merseyside to face Everton.

Premier League games between Fulham and Everton have almost always gone in favour of the home side and whilst we have won eight of the 10 games played at Craven Cottage, Everton have yet to concede a point against us at Goodison Park. The first drawn Premier League game between the sides took place at Craven Cottage in September, finishing goalless.

Many of the previous nine encounters have been closely fought, none more so than in the last two seasons. In November 2008 the game remained goalless until former Whites striker Louis Saha popped up with an 87th minute winner.

Last season we came even closer to our first point there having led at the interval through Erik Nevland. However, an own goal by Chris Smalling levelled the scores before the match was settled in added time by a controversial penalty converted by Mikel Arteta.

Everton have endured mixed fortunes this season but are currently in mid-table, a repeat of last season's eighth place finish well within their grasp.

GETTING TO GOODISON (Approx. 225 miles from Fulham)
One of the oldest grounds in the Premier League, Goodison Park has been Everton's home since 1892. Whilst the traditional feel provides character and a good atmosphere, the stadium design means there are restricted views and a few structural supports.

BY ROAD
Leave London via M1 or M40/M42/M5 to join M6. Continue on M6 until junction 21A. Join M62 (signs Liverpool) until junction 6 then join M57 to junction 4. Exit onto A580 (signs Liverpool) onto East Lancs Road. In approx 3.5 miles turn right into Gwladys Street. Ground is on the left.

CAR PARKING
A number of small car parks are available in the area and parking is often possible within Stanley Park (close to Liverpool FC). Prices from £6. Roads closest to ground are residents only and this is strictly enforced by local police.

BY RAIL
The revised kick-off time for this fixture means that day return travel is almost impossible as the last direct train back to Liverpool is before 8pm. Supporters planning an overnight stay should travel from London Euston to Liverpool Lime Street Station which is approx 2 miles from ground. Please check train times in advance in case of engineering works.

Catch buses from Queen's Square Bus Station or take a taxi from Lime Street from £6. Alternatively, catch the Merseyrail Northern Line train to Kirkdale Station from which ground is approx 15 minutes walk.

View ticket info and buy tickets|

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/March/EvertonNextUp.aspx#ixzz1GJQe6SkU

White Noise

Season Tickets  

With the majority of Barclays Premier League matches at the Cottage selling out this season, what better reason to secure your seat for the 2011/12 campaign?!

2011/12 Season Tickets will go on sale next week. Existing Season Ticket Holders will be contacted via email when their tickets are available to renew. Sign up now |to recieve an email alert when tickets are available to buy.  

Season Tickets at Fulham are a genuinely affordable way to catch all 19 of Fulham's Barclays Premier League home games.

Adult and Concession Season Tickets start at just £329, and Junior Season Tickets from just £95. That's under £18 and just £5 per game respectively. We even have a limited number of FREE Season Tickets for Under 8s.*

Renew now and get £10 off
To thank you for your continued support, we would like to offer a £10 discount on the Early Bird price for all Season Ticket renewals before 5pm on Tuesday 26th April.

Join our weekly prize draw*
This week you could win a fantastic hospitality experience with our Official Outdoor Equipment Partner, Jack Wolfskin. You and a friend could be entertained in the Riverside Restaurant when Bolton visit Craven Cottage.

Enjoy a champagne reception, three-course meal and catch the action live from your own Directors' Area seats. We'll even throw in a Jack Wolfskin goody bag for each of you to take away. Remember, you have to buy a Season Ticket to have chance of winning.

Exciting places to sit in 2011/12
Join the growing number of fans in Cottage Corner. Situated next to the tunnel, it has proven to be a hit with supporters who try it out for the first time and return again and again.

And for those of you with youngsters, we have created another Family Zone situated in the Johnny Haynes Stand adjacent to the tunnel in Blocks K & KL.*

2011/12 Season Ticket Prices
FULHAM FC SEASON TICKET PRICES    Early Bird (pre 23 May)  Post Early Bird  
Adult  Conc  Jnr  Adult  Conc  Jnr  
Riverside  SL, ZL  £329  £319  £155  £379  £369  £185  
Hammersmith  H1, H8  £369  £329  £155  £419  £379  £185  
Hammersmith  H2, H7  £399  £359  £190  £449  £409  £220  
Riverside  TL, XL  £419  £359  £190  £469  £409  £220  
Haynes  A, AL, K, KL  £419  £359  £95  £469  £409  £125  
Putney  P1, P2  £399  £359  £190  £449  £409  £220  
Hammersmith  H3, H4, H5, H6  £509  £359  £190  £559  £409  £220  
Haynes/Riverside  B, BL, C, CL, H HL, J, JL / Z, S  £579  £389  £190  £629  £439  £220  
Haynes  D, DL, G, GL  £629  £399   £209   £679   £449   £239  
Haynes/Riverside  E, EL, F, FL / X, T  £739   £649   £599  £789  £789  £789  
Riverside  VL, WL , W  £889  £799  £749  £939   £939   £939  
Bonus Loyalty Points  > 20 bonus points  > 10 bonus points  

Concessions: over 65 (as of 1 Dec 2011) / under 21 (as of 1 Aug 2011)
Junior: under 16 (as of 1 Aug 2011).*

NB: Disabled, Disabled Carer and Free Under 8 Season Tickets are not available to buy online, to purchase any of these seats call 0843 208 1234 (option 3).

How to purchase your seat:
buy online at fulhamfc.com/seasontickets - 7 days a week, 24 hrs a day
by phone on 0843 208 1234 (option 3) - Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
in person from the Ticket Office: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm; non-matchday Sat 10am-12pm
Five good reasons to buy your Season Ticket online:
It's quick and easy
Choose the exact seat you want
Get instant confirmation of your purchase  
It's even good for the environment

Your Season Ticket will give you:
Your seat at 19 Barclays Premier League home matches
This is what it's all about. Your home, your special place in the midst of all the action, a location where you belong and where you can watch some of the world's best football action. If you can't make it to every game don't worry, you will also have access to a ticket exchange area where you can sell your seat if you can't get to the Cottage.

Loyalty Points – make sure you grab those hard-to-get tickets
Have you been keeping track of your Loyalty Points? We have had an overwhelming level of interest with some fans building up a great reserve of points. Gain priority access to all high demand tickets and keep an eye out for exciting Club offers throughout the season.

Ticketing Priority– only Season Ticket Holders get access first
Have first crack at tickets for all of Fulham's league and cup games, both home and away.

Fultime magazine – tackling the big issues*
Get the inside scoop on your club with a year's subscription to the Club's official, action packed magazine, full of exclusive interviews, news, updates and behind-the-scenes features.

Free Haynes Place hire
Why not celebrate in style by hiring Haynes Place, absolutely free for one event. Book a Junior Season Ticket Holder (U16) birthday party at the Cottage and we'll even give them a free home shirt!*

Two games, two mates, £5 per ticket*
Bring two mates along to nominated matches and share the fantastic Fulham experience with your friends for just £5 a ticket.

Discounts and priority booking on away game travel
Making it more affordable and easy to follow the team away from home.

Other options available to you include:

Upgrade to a premium Season Ticket package
Interested in upgrading your Season Ticket to enjoy your matchday experience in style? For more information on one of our Seasonal Lounge Packages call our Sales Team on 020 8336 7555 or email [email protected].

Home Cup Tie Scheme
This option secures your seat every time Fulham are drawn at home in any Cup competition. If you opt-in, we'll simply charge your nominated payment card with the relevant amount and authorise your Season Ticket access card accordingly. You will not be sent a paper ticket.

Away Season Tickets
To guarantee you get a ticket for every Fulham away game next season (Barclays Premier League and Domestic Cup games) sign up for an Away Season Ticket.

*Terms and Conditions:

Booking Fees: payment by debit card will be completely free while credit card payments will incur a 1.75% fee.

Free Under 8s:  only available in A, AL, K, KL blocks and can only be booked at the time of purchase of a full price adult ticket. To book, call 0843 208 1234 (option 3). Not available online.
Weekly prize draw: the week runs from Monday to Sunday with winners published on fulhamfc.com each on Monday of the following week. The Club will contact winners to make necessary arrangements.
Family Zone: this area is reserved for adults with children under the age of 16 years and is limited to blocks A, AL, K, KL.
Juniors Age Restriction: under 16 (as of 1 Aug 2011), note that this is an age change to bring the Club in line with other Barclays Premier League Clubs. Renewing Season Ticket holders who are under 17 will be able to purchase at the Junior price up until the end of the Early Bird period. All Junior prices will be for those under 16 comencing in the 2012/12 season.
Restricted View Seats:  will be discounted by £50 for adults and concessions and £30 for juniors (£95 restricted view seats will be discounted by £5).

Free Maestro's Lounge Hire: subject to availability, standard facility hire terms and conditions apply, minimum catering spend required during the event, non-matchday only. Further information is available on enquiry.  
Ticket Exchange is only available for sold out matches. Terms and conditions apply.
Fultime Magazine: Three editions of the Club magazine will be published each season.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Tickets/SeasonTickets.aspx#ixzz1GJRA5ptE

White Noise

http://nln24.com/news/story/fulham-take-a-shine-to-walton-casuals-keeper

Fulham take a shine to Walton Casuals keeper

Sunday 13th March 2011

WALTON Casuals goalkeeper James Warrington has had his two-week trial at Fulham extended.

The 19-year-old has been training with the Premiership side's reserve team and has also alerted the scouts at Crystal Palace, who recently signed Dulwich Hamlet's 17-year-old defender Quade Taylor.

His period with The Cottagers was due to come to and end on Tuesday but he has been invited to train with them as and when he can for the foreseeable future.

And he admitted he would jump at the chance to step up permanently, the Surrey Comet is reporting.

"Without a shadow of a doubt I would take an offer from Fulham, you couldn't turn it down," he said.

"I really don't know what the plans are though.

"They have said when I am free I can to go there and train, I haven't got a time scale with it at all so I don't know what is going on.

"The only thing is no news is good news but I am not too sure really.

"I have a lot of university work at the minute so I will probably only go once a week or something like that.

"It has been brilliant though.

"It is more specified as we don't have a goalkeeping coach at Walton but as much as it is a step up in level, my job doesn't really change, it is still to keep the ball out.

"I think Crystal Palace were maybe coming to watch me recently as well.

"It is good to have some interest and if one team comes in for you then they all soon pick up on it so even if Fulham didn't want me, hopefully Crystal Palace might.