watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who still does not Rate Smalling?

Started by Peabody, March 12, 2011, 07:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

This boy is going to go far, just watched him against Arsenal and he was superb, did'nt put a foot wrong. I seem to remember some of you who thought that he was'nt that good. Well I wish that we could have kept him.

mrska

Very impressed with him tonight.. as you say.. didnt put a foot wrong... :045:

Mr Fulham

White Noise

He is top class and will get much better. Really looking for to him ousting J Terry. To think they are suggesting Capello might re-instate that twunt as England Captain! :019:

Ron Sheepskin

I'll hold my hand up, I thought he was dodgy and lacking a bit of positional sense, particulary in the Europa games for some reason.

Tonight, he looked every inch the £10 million, and a future stalwart for England.  :clap_hands:

This is of course why I had such a crap record when I was a kids football coach, and why Sir RedNose is so successful.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

HatterDon

Quote from: Peabody on March 12, 2011, 07:24:37 PM
This boy is going to go far, just watched him against Arsenal and he was superb, did'nt put a foot wrong. I seem to remember some of you who thought that he was'nt that good. Well I wish that we could have kept him.

Mr. Peabody, here's what I remember.

1. We signed him and everyone said he'd never get a chance to play
2. He featured in Europa League and everyone thought he had some promise
3. He featured in a couple of League matches and everyone was salivating over the future.
4. United bought him, and left him here on loan, and most immediately said he was crap and that both Roy and Sir Alex were idiots for signing him.
5. At the beginning of this season, most thought he'd disappear into the reserves and never be heard of again.
6. As he began to feature more and more, many [who probably saw nothing but highlights] ingored his solid play and concentrated on one own-goal that was hardly his mistake.

Me? He was good when we signed him. His work in Europa -- mostly with Baird or Hughes as a partner -- did him a world of good. When Sir Alex signed him I said he'd captain England one day, and was pretty much laughed out of the room. You could tell the kid was good, and you could tell he had the temprement. I WAS surprised that he featured so heavily this season, but I've seen him play about 10 matches this season, and he's a good young player. I'd have him in the England squad before the lump up the road.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

White Noise

I wass reading a quote from Rio Ferdinand in the paper today who said how in awe of Man U he was when he joined. He said he found himself pulling on his socks and saying to himself 'these are Man Utd socks, this is what they feel like, this is a Man Utd shirt this is what it feels like to wear it' - we can't compete with that level of starry eyed dream fulfilment.

JohnKovacs

I'm still not sold on him. He lacks a left foot, and seems to be clumsy when on the ball. I'm still thinking 10M was fantastic business for Fulham.

SmithyFFC

Reminds me a lot of a young Rio, and with coaching from Sir Alex and playing with top class players such as Vidic and Ferdinand, he will go a long way, future england captain, for me anyway.
FTID

cebu

I actually think he's better than Rio was at that age.

Rupert

To state the obvious, whether you rated him or not at Fulham, had he remained with us then his appearences would have been few and far between, it was lucky for him that Man U have had injuries to key midfield players. He may well go on to become an excellent signing for United, he is already an excellent bit of business for us. Good luck to the lad, apart from when he plays us, of course, when he must be due to have a 'mare.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

The Equalizer

Quote from: HatterDon on March 12, 2011, 09:03:01 PM

Mr. Peabody, here's what I remember.

1. We signed him and everyone said he'd never get a chance to play
2. He featured in Europa League and everyone thought he had some promise
3. He featured in a couple of League matches and everyone was salivating over the future.
4. United bought him, and left him here on loan, and most immediately said he was crap and that both Roy and Sir Alex were idiots for signing him.
5. At the beginning of this season, most thought he'd disappear into the reserves and never be heard of again.
6. As he began to feature more and more, many [who probably saw nothing but highlights] ingored his solid play and concentrated on one own-goal that was hardly his mistake.

Me? He was good when we signed him. His work in Europa -- mostly with Baird or Hughes as a partner -- did him a world of good. When Sir Alex signed him I said he'd captain England one day, and was pretty much laughed out of the room. You could tell the kid was good, and you could tell he had the temprement. I WAS surprised that he featured so heavily this season, but I've seen him play about 10 matches this season, and he's a good young player. I'd have him in the England squad before the lump up the road.

4a. He scored an own goal on his debut for Man Utd.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Burt

Lets not forget that another ex-Fulham player had a great match too. I thought van der Sar was at his best.

alfie

Quote from: JohnKovacs on March 12, 2011, 11:11:05 PM
I'm still not sold on him. He lacks a left foot, and seems to be clumsy when on the ball. I'm still thinking 10M was fantastic business for Fulham.

I must have been watching someone else against Arsenal, looked like him though.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Blingo

He's not consistent enough. He plays well when he is along side Vidic but plays crap when paired with Brown.

TheDaddy

The lads at Man Utd hes only going to get better ! Good luck to the lad.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "