News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who Are Your Favourite Fulham 'Cult Heroes'?

Started by White Noise, March 13, 2011, 11:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

There is only two for me....a clear winner:- Tosh Chamberlain, then Simon Morgan

VicHalomsLovechild

Shefki Kuqi. The man gave us all hope of one day playing for Fulham  :003:

Mr Fulham

Gus Uhlenbeek.

His name alone should put him on that list!

CorkedHat

Oakeshott has got in one - BOBBY KEETCH.
Add to him, Freddie Callaghan, Tosh Chamberlain and John Chenhall and there you have the blokes who weren't the most gifted of players but would walk through fire for Fulham.
Jimmy Langley was another cult hero but he could also play a bit.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

NogoodBoyo

Easy: The vicar from The Omen who got shafted by the Bishop's Park steeple.
Nogood "being named Damion, isit" Boyo

Oakeshott

CorkedHat

Eddie Lowe was another. In the days before substitutes were allowed, I remember a game where he took a knock and could barely move one leg, nevertheless staying on for the rest of the game, limping around in his central defender's role making a real nuisance of himself to the opposition.

Also Maurice Cook. Never stopped trying, I once saw him shoot from about twenty yards out and the ball go for a throw in! Two minutes later he shot from more or less the same position and scored. But my favourite memory of Cookie was when it was still legal to barge goalkeepers. He fairly shoulder charged Peter Springett (I think), then a top keeper who played for Sheffield Wednesday, as he caught the ball, into the net and we got the goal. I've a feeling that we won 4-1 but it was a very long time ago and I could be confusing games.

CorkedHat

Quote from: Oakeshott on March 14, 2011, 05:34:50 AM
CorkedHat

Eddie Lowe was another. In the days before substitutes were allowed, I remember a game where he took a knock and could barely move one leg, nevertheless staying on for the rest of the game, limping around in his central defender's role making a real nuisance of himself to the opposition.

Also Maurice Cook. Never stopped trying, I once saw him shoot from about twenty yards out and the ball go for a throw in! Two minutes later he shot from more or less the same position and scored. But my favourite memory of Cookie was when it was still legal to barge goalkeepers. He fairly shoulder charged Peter Springett (I think), then a top keeper who played for Sheffield Wednesday, as he caught the ball, into the net and we got the goal. I've a feeling that we won 4-1 but it was a very long time ago and I could be confusing games.

I agree with all that Mr Oakeshott although it was Ron Springett who played for Sheffield Wednesday. That was an era when England had a surplus of good goalkeepers,
I loved Eddie Lowe and Maurice Cook and before them was a bloke called Joe Bacuzzi who was something of a cult hero. When you come to think about it, our beloved club had a few cult heroes over the years!

CorkedHat

Quote from: White Noise on March 14, 2011, 07:08:23 AM
Quote from: MJG on March 14, 2011, 06:53:30 AM
Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on March 13, 2011, 09:57:41 PM
Ara Bedrossian...
Where's he now? :011:

http://www.minigoals.com.cy/page_1rn7s1.htm

Actually when he found that his playing days were numbered he took a coaching course and acquired all the necessary qualifications, He went back to Cyprus and ended up coaching the Cypriot National Team but is now obviously doing as per WN's post

Dragoman

A player I liked in the 1980's who was not particularly gifted, a journeyman really, but who always gave 100% for Fulham was JOHN EVANSON.

Dixie

It can only be 'Dixie' Dean Coney.
What a ledge!
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

The Equalizer

Ara Bedrossian - brilliant! Our very own Cypriot international.

Also gotta love Udo Onwere...

Personal cult icon: Sylvain Legwinski - the beard, the cigarette chain-smoking whilst driving his clapped out motor to away games, the trip to Monte Carlo (did I ever tell anyone about that?)....
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Tonywa

[

Why??? The only thing I could say in Udo's favour was that he wasn't quite as bad as Martin Ferney or Leo Donnellan.

Talking of player who would have run through a brick wall for the club, how about Jeff Hopkins?

The Equalizer

Quote from: Tonywa on March 14, 2011, 12:06:24 PM
[

Why??? The only thing I could say in Udo's favour was that he wasn't quite as bad as Martin Ferney or Leo Donnellan.

Talking of player who would have run through a brick wall for the club, how about Jeff Hopkins?

That's the beauty of it. He was such a shocking player everyone in the Hammersmith End would sing his name when he cocked up! UDO UDO UDO!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

finnster01

Talking about shocking players, how about John Watson?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Alanovich

"FFC's very own Neil Ruddock"

Eh?  Did I miss a meeting?  When did Ruddock play for us?  I must have been pissed at the time.
"I wear the trosuers in this house. And I wash them and I iron them."

- Dennis Thatcher

TheDaddy

Hes fat hes round hes worth a million pound Jim Stannard !

Robbie Hererra ..spelling ? some great parties back in the day.

Peter baah  now that boy was $*"%

Simon Morgan great bloke and plenty of time to chat and sink a few .

Gary Brazil  whilst in the players lounge talking to him  i dropped two pints of larger one after the other at his feet and said "you even managed to miss those son" well i was pi$$ed.

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "