more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (18.03.11)

Started by White Noise, March 18, 2011, 01:02:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Fulham

Quote from: White Noise on March 18, 2011, 02:49:10 AM

Sorry, Fulham fans, but Mark Hughes is the perfect fit for Bayern Munich.

Sparky still has many connections there from his time as a Bayern player and when I played for him at Blackburn, the club even arranged for us to stage a training camp at their pre-season site on the German/Austrian border.

Bayern are struggling this season and their fans would appreciate Mark's determination and the demands he makes on his team.

With Champions League football virtually guaranteed every year – although it might be beyond them this time – it's an ideal stage for a manager who should still be in a job at Manchester City, even though Jupp Heynckes appears to be in pole position for the role.

I've said it before but Fulham seems to me to be too cosy a club for someone like Sparky.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/robbie-savage/Robbie-Savage-Blackburn-Rovers-sinking-towards-relegation-under-Steve-Kean-Mark-Hughes-should-quit-Fulham-for-Bayern-Munich-Simon-Grayson-could-make-Leeds-fans-stop-talking-about-Don-Revie-article714758.html#ixzz1GupYO4Ar

Robbie Savage is a twit, hands down.....knows nothing about Bayern and what they need... :dead horse:

White Noise

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_6820394,00.html

Dalla Valle stays at Cherries

Bradbury happy with striker's initial impact

Last updated: 18th March 2011   

Bournemouth have extended the loan deal of Fulham striker Lauri Dalla Valle until the end of the season.

Dalla Valle joined the Cherries on an initial month-long loan in early March and has scored twice in three appearances.

The 19-year-old will now see out the campaign at Dean Court and Bournemouth boss Lee Bradbury is happy to have agreed an extension.

"I'm delighted that he's staying," Bradbury told the club's official website.

"It's unfortunate for him that we've lost the two games that he's started, but he's scored two in three games, so he has shown what a good finisher he is.

"He'll now be looking to get as many goals as possible until the end of the season, hopefully starting at Carlisle!

"He is good for us and gives us another dimension and that's exactly why we brought him in."

White Noise

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/9426572.stm

Everton    v    Fulham

Saturday, 19 March 2011

Barclays Premier League

Home Team Score Away Team Time

Everton v  Fulham 17:30

Venue: Goodison Park Date: Saturday, 19 March Kick-off: 1730 GMT
Coverage: Full commentary on BBC Radio Merseyside , watch live on ESPN and highlights on Match of the Day; listen on talkSPORT; text commentary on BBC Sport website and mobiles

TEAM NEWS
Everton captain Phil Neville remains a doubt with the hamstring injury that ruled him out against Birmingham.

Tim Cahill is struggling with a foot problem, while Mikel Arteta and Marouane Fellaini are definitely out.

Fulham will keep Bobby Zamora on the bench despite his match-winning exploits last time out as he continues his rehabilitation from a broken leg.

Dickson Etuhu could miss out with a hamstring strain, while Philippe Senderos has suffered a setback.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everton

Doubtful: Cahill (foot), Neville (hamstring)

Injured: Arteta (hamstring), Fellaini (ankle)

Fulham

Doubtful: Etuhu (hamstring)

Injured: Senderos (Achilles), Sidwell (knee)

MATCH PREVIEW
David Moyes celebrated nine years as Everton manager last Tuesday. He is the third-longest serving manager in the Premier League behind Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger, and the second-longest continuous manager in Everton history, behind the legendary Harry Catterick, who spent 12 years at the helm.

People don't see the relationships he (Moyes) has around the club, or with his players... He has thrived under occasionally difficult circumstances, and under financial restraints that other clubs the same size haven't got. For that he deserves all the accolades

David Unsworth, former Everton defender 
Coincidentally, Moyes's first fixture in charge was a 2-1 victory over Fulham at Goodison Park, with David Unsworth and Duncan Ferguson on target. Current Everton right-back Tony Hibbert started that game, as did Louis Saha, who was playing for Fulham that day.

It is 11 years ago this week that Fulham boss Mark Hughes, then aged 36, signed for Everton on a free transfer from Southampton. It was to prove fourth time lucky for the Toffees in their attempts to sign him, although a return of one goal in 19 appearances during an eight-month spell wasn't quite the impact that all parties were hoping for.

Hughes is currently faring rather better in charge of Fulham, who have only lost once in their last nine league games. They could even end the day in the top half of the table for the first time since October.

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head

• Fulham have never won a league game at Goodison Park (D4, L18). They have lost on their last 17 trips, which is the longest ever top-flight run of one club losing at a particular ground. Their last point at Everton came in a goalless draw in September 1959.

• Fulham's last win on Merseyside was a 4-1 win at Tranmere in a second-tier match in March 2001.

• The home side in this fixture has won 17 of their 19 Premier League encounters - the only away win was Everton's 2-0 victory at Craven Cottage in May 2009.

• Everton have drawn 13 league matches this season - only Fulham (14) have had more.

Everton

• The Toffees have won only one of eight league matches against London opposition this season (D5, L2). That victory was 2-1 at home against Tottenham in January.

• The last five goals scored by David Moyes's side have come in the first half of their matches. Four of them have been between the 30th and 40th minute.

• Everton have used 21 players this season - the fewest in the division.

• If selected, Louis Saha will be appearing in his 250th Premier League game.

Fulham

• Mark Hughes has won only one of his last nine league matches against David Moyes - Manchester City's 2-1 win at Goodison Park in April 2009. In total, he has won two of his 11 Premier League matches against him, losing on four occasions.

• Fulham have won only one of their 14 matches against teams currently in the top half of the table - a 1-0 home win against Newcastle in February.

• The club have picked up 16 points from 10 league matches in 2011 - only Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool have taken more points during this period.

• Damien Duff is one goal away from scoring 50 in the Premier League. He can become the third Irishman to reach this milestone after Robbie Keane (122 goals) and Niall Quinn (58).

LEADING GOALSCORERS

Everton

Cahill: 9 goals (9 league); Saha: 9 goals (6 league)

Fulham

Dempsey: 10 goals (9 league); Kamara: 5 goals (2 league)

MATCH OFFICIALS
Referee: Michael Oliver

Assistant referees: Mike Mullarkey & Sian Massey

Fourth official: Nigel Miller

LAST LEAGUE MATCH LINE-UPS
Everton (D1-1 v Birmingham, h): Howard; Hibbert, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Heitinga (Bilyaletdinov 86), Arteta (Coleman 9), Osman, Rodwell Saha, Beckford (Anichebe 78). Subs not used: Mucha, Shkodran Mustafi, Duffy, Baxter.

Fulham (W3-2 v Blackburn, h): Schwarzer; Baird, Hughes, Hangeland, Salcido, Duff, Etuhu, Murphy (Zamora 70), Dempsey, Johnson, Dembele (Kakuta 78). Subs not used: Stockdale, Kelly, Gudjohnsen, Greening, Davies.

White Noise

http://www.grandoldteam.com/news/match-previews/2011/mar/18/everton-vs-fulham

Everton vs Fulham

Written by GrandOldTeam on Fri 18th March 11, 13:36

It sounds like an excuse and maybe it is one but one can't help but wonder how differently the game against Birmingham would have panned out if Mikel Arteta not gone off injured after 10 minutes.

Everton dominated possession and had far more opportunities to score but there was just a little guile missing at times. Something the cultured feet of the Spaniard would have been able to provide. Probably. There's never any way of knowing how things would have panned out had he remained but the cutting edge issues which tethered Everton in the bottom half of the table for much of the season returned and David Moyes had to settle for a point in a game he'll feel his side should have won with some comfort.

This week there'll be no Arteta from the start and with Fellaini gone for this season and Tim Cahill touch and go, Moyes may look to his wide men to do the damage down the wings. That could see Seamus Coleman get the nod on the right of midfield and the young Irishman has shown an eye for goal so would be worth a small flutter at 14/1 to score first. Up front Saha will be Everton's main threat regardless of tactics and his ability in the air make him the obvious choice to score first at 5/1 if the wide players have success getting to the byline. Tim Cahill, at the time of writing, is still in with a shout of starting and if he does then this is the kind of game where he comes good. He's 6/1 to score last.

Fulham may have won just one Premier League match away from Craven Cottage this season but they have managed eight draws and conceded just fifteen goals, giving them the joint second best away defence in the league. So this isn't going to be easy and with Damien Duff in great form and Bobby Zamora back in the mix, Fulham will cause some problems going forward as well as being typically obstinate at the back. Some good news on the stat front is that this is Fulham's tenth Premier League visit to Goodison Park and so far so good for the home side, with Everton winning all nine previous encounters. That has to make you feel good about taking the Blues on at 10/11. Given the visitor's away record and Everton's creativity issues, this may be one of the tighter wins and 1-0 at 5/1 and 2-1 at 15/2 are the unspectacular but more likely results.

European football next season is still a possibility for David Moyes but he knows his side can't afford to drop points at home. He won't care if it's not a ten out of ten performance as long as it's a tenth straight home league win over Fulham and three points in the bag.

White Noise

Everton v FULHAM: Mark Hughes struggling for midfield options with Dickson Etuhu doubtful

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 1:26 PM on 18th March 2011

Fulham could be faced with a midfield dilemma for their Barclays Premier League game at Everton.

Dickson Etuhu is a doubt with a hamstring strain, while the game comes too soon for Steve Sidwell (knee), meaning manager Mark Hughes may need to find a new partner for Danny Murphy in the middle of the park.

Strain: Etuhu (centre) is likely to miss out

Bobby Zamora will continue his comeback from the bench, but Philippe Senderos has suffered another setback in his recovery from a serious achilles injury after complaining yet again about tightness in his hamstrings.

Provisional squad: Schwarzer, Stockdale, Pantsil, Hangeland, Hughes, Baird, Briggs, Etuhu, Davies, Murphy, Duff, Dempsey, Gudjohnsen, Kakuta, Gera, Dembele, Salcido, Greening, Johnson, Zamora, Halliche.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1367604/Everton-v-FULHAM-Mark-Hughes-struggling-midfield-options-Dickson-Etuhu-doubtful.html#ixzz1GxoVtiqw

White Noise

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/18032011/63/hughes-sets-sights-success-fulham.html

Hughes sets sights on success at Fulham

Fri, 18 Mar 13:44:16 2011

Mark Hughes believes he can achieve more at Fulham than he did with Blackburn.

Cottagers boss Hughes helped Rovers reach two FA Cup semi-finals and qualify for Europe twice during his near four years in charge at Ewood Park.

But despite arguably not having the same financial resources at Fulham, Hughes reckons he inherited better group of players than those he took over at Blackburn six and a half years ago.

He said: "I feel that there's certainly the capacity to do a similar job here and, obviously, I've come in at a better level because the group of players here is better technically than the one I inherited at Blackburn.

"Why can't we achieve regular top-10 positions in the Premier League and, on certain occasions, who knows? Maybe we can push for sixth position, fifth position.

"In terms of achievement, given the resources this club has, it reflects greatly on everybody involved."

White Noise

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/895806/mark-hughes:-i-can-take-fulham-further-than-blackburn-rovers?cc=5739

Hughes excited by Fulham potential

March 18, 2011

Cottagers boss Hughes helped Rovers reach two FA Cup semi-finals and qualify for Europe twice during his near four years in charge at Ewood Park.

But despite arguably not having the same financial resources at Fulham, Hughes reckons he inherited better group of players than those he took over at Blackburn six and a half years ago.

He said: "I feel that there's certainly the capacity to do a similar job here and, obviously, I've come in at a better level because the group of players here is better technically than the one I inherited at Blackburn.

"Why can't we achieve regular top-10 positions in the Premier League and, on certain occasions, who knows? Maybe we can push for sixth position, fifth position. In terms of achievement, given the resources this club has, it reflects greatly on everybody involved.''

After a difficult start to life at Fulham, Hughes has managed to stabilise the club in mid-table in the Barclays Premier League with nine matches remaining.

And despite being seven points behind sixth-placed Liverpool, Europe currently beckons for Fulham through the Fair Play League.

"I think it's ourselves and Chelsea in the top two positions at the moment,'' said Hughes, who took charge after the Cottagers reached last season's Europa League final. Chelsea almost certainly will qualify for Europe through other avenues, so we're in the mix for that.

"Given the club's had a fantastic taste for European football in recent times, we'd love to get it back. If, initially, it's through the position in the Fair Play League then we'll take that. But in the future, we expect to do it by virtue of our position in the Premier League.''

Doing that this season looks highly unlikely considering the number of teams Fulham will have to overhaul. They face one of them, Everton, tomorrow and victory will see them leapfrog their opponents.

However, the west Londoners have never won a league game at Goodison Park and have lost every one of their Premier League matches there.

"Our record at Everton's not very good at all,'' Hughes said. "I don't think we've actually won in the Premier League and I think I'm right in saying we've not even got a point from our travels to Goodison Park. If we can change that then that shows that we've been making some kind of progress.''

Fulham have not played for a fortnight but Hughes is sure rustiness will not be a problem on Saturday.

"I think at this time of year, you've just got to make sure your quality of work is correct and you're just bringing it to the boil,'' he said.

Reports emerged this week that Hughes was Bayern Munich's number one target to succeed Louis van Gaal as manager. The 47-year-old's contract expires at the end of next season and, despite admitting he would one day like to manage overseas, he was open to extending his stay at Craven Cottage.

"I like those types of conversations, to be perfectly honest,'' he said. "If the club feel I'm doing a good job and that's what they want to do then certainly I'm open to those discussions. We just need to get this season out the way and maybe we can sit down and speak about those things.''

White Noise

http://www.evertonfc.com//news/archive/2011/03/18/moyes-expects-ambitious-fulham?utm_source=rss_everton&utm_medium=rss_feed&utm_term=Moyes+Expects+Ambitious+Fulham

HOPE TO STRETCH SUPERB RUN

Friday 18 March 2011, 16:21

by Andy Lewis @efc_andylewis

David Moyes believes his side will have to overcome a more attacking Fulham team than they have encountered in the past if they are to extend their magnificent record against Fulham.

The Blues take on the Cottagers at Goodison Park on Saturday evening, looking to continue a run of 17 straight home league wins over the West London club.

Moyes has taken on and beaten four different Fulham bosses so far in his nine-year Everton reign in shape of Jean Tigana, Chris Coleman, Lawrie Sanchez and Roy Hodgson.

This year they arrive under the leadership of Mark Hughes who, according to Moyes, has given them greater licence to roam forward – even if they largely boast the same personnel that served Hodgson so well.

"I think Moussa Dembélé is the only change from the side that Roy had," said Moyes.

"I think he has maybe altered what they do a bit but it is still the likes of Danny Murphy and Dickson Etuhu, who I know well. Then there is Damien Duff and Simon Davies is also about the team, but I think Dembélé and the left back Salcido are the only changes.

"I think they probably push forward a bit more with their style," he added.

"I think it will take a bit of time for Mark to get his feet under the table. But Fulham have been a steady Premier League club for quite a while now and they look a side which in the main has got relatively good Premier League experience."

White Noise

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/18032011/58/premier-league-matchpack-everton-v-fulham.html

Premier League - Matchpack: Everton v Fulham

Fri, 18 Mar 15:28:00 2011

Video preview, stats and team news ahead of the Premier League clash between Everton and Fulham at Goodison Park.

Everton v Fulham: LIVE on Saturday at 5.30pm
..TEAM NEWS:

Everton

Everton captain Phil Neville and midfielder Tim Cahill have a chance of returning to the side.

Neville missed the last match against Birmingham with a hamstring injury while Cahill has not played since February 26 because of a foot problem.

Mikel Arteta (hamstring) is still missing while fellow midfielder Marouane Fellaini has been ruled out for the remainder of the season.

Forward Victor Anichebe should also be in the squad after recovering from a knock.

Fulham

Fulham could be faced with a midfield dilemma for Saturday's Barclays Premier League game at Everton.

Dickson Etuhu is a doubt with a hamstring strain, while the game comes too soon for Steve Sidwell (knee), meaning manager Mark Hughes may need to find a new partner for Danny Murphy in the middle of the park.

Bobby Zamora will continue his comeback from the bench, but Philippe Senderos has suffered another setback in his recovery from a serious Achilles injury after complaining yet again about tightness in his hamstrings.

MATCH FACTS:

Clint Dempsey has scored five headed goals from just six headed attempts on target.

Tim Cahill has scored six headed goals from just eight headers on target this season.

Everton have not had any players booked in six of their last eight Premier League games against Fulham and only one in the each of the other two.

Everton have won their last 17 home league games against Fulham and all nine in the Premier League era.

Fulham have won only one of their last 32 Premier League away games.

The Londoners have only lost one of their last nine Premier League matches, but that came on Merseyside against Liverpool.

If the Premier League only counted the second half of games this season, Fulham would be fourth with 45 points.

No player has scored the final goal of the game on more occasions than Clint Dempsey (5) in the Premier League this season.

Fulham have conceded a league-low proportion of their goals in the second half of Premier League games this term (39%).

10 of the last 12 goals that Fulham have scored in the Premier League have been netted in the second half.

PA Sport / Opta

White Noise

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/big-match-preview-everton-v-fulham

Big Match Preview: Everton v Fulham

Dickson Etuhu is determined to reclaim his rightful place

By Dave Smith  March 18, 2011

Troublesome hamstring might throw a spanner in the works for Dickson.Picture GalleryNew

Barclays Premier League

Venue: Goodison Park

Date: March 19 – Kick off: 5.30pm

TV Coverage: Live on ESPN

TEAM NEWS

Bobby Zamora will continue his comeback from the bench, but Philippe Senderos has suffered another setback in his recovery from a serious Achilles injury after complaining yet again about tightness in his hamstrings.

Dickson Etuhu reckons competition provided by his mate Steve Sidwell will make the Nigerian international a better player.

The defensive midfielder throws his hat into the ring for a slot at Everton tomorrow although he is still struggling with a hamstring strain.

With Sidewell sidelined, Etuhu is keen to hold down the place that has been his for the last two years.

Etuhu said: "It's not for me to make those kind of decisions, but the competition with Siddy will only make me want to perform better.

"It's true there's not really been anyone else to go for my particular role. And I think I have built up a particularly good partnership with Danny Murphy in midfield, but ideally the club needs two good players for every position."

Sidwell, who is sidelined with a knee problem, has insisted every chance he gets in a white shirt is a step closer to a long deal when his current six-month contract runs out in the summer,

The former Chelsea and Aston Villa player made his Fulham debut when he replaced Etuhu during the 2-0 win over Stoke in January.

Etuhu was straight back in to the Cottage with a hamstring strain after he made way – but aggravated the injury in the 3-2 win over Blackburn a fortnight ago.

However, he returned to training yesterday ahead of the trip to Merseyside as the Cottagers look to continue their climb up the table.

White Noise

EVERTON v Fulham: Skipper Phil Neville and Tim Cahill in line to feature

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 3:14 PM on 18th March 2011

Everton captain Phil Neville and midfielder Tim Cahill have a chance of returning to face Fulham at Goodison Park.

Neville missed the last match against Birmingham with a hamstring injury while Cahill has not played since February 26 because of a foot problem.

Boost: Neville is a welcome return for the Toffees

Mikel Arteta (hamstring) is still missing while fellow midfielder Marouane Fellaini has been ruled out for the remainder of the season.

Forward Victor Anichebe should also be in the squad after recovering from a knock.

Provisional squad: Howard, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Neville, Coleman, Rodwell, Osman, Bilyaletdinov, Cahill, Saha, Beckford, Gueye, Heitinga, Hibbert, Anichebe, Baxter, Duffy, Mucha.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1367651/EVERTON-v-Fulham-Skipper-Phil-Neville-Tim-Cahill-line-feature.html#ixzz1GyXInqov

White Noise

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/everton-vs-fulham-sat-19-mar-2011

Everton Vs Fulham, Sat 19 Mar 2011

Everton Vs Fulham: Match Preview

By GMF Editor  March 18, 2011

Everton Vs Fulham    DATE:Sat 19 Mar 2011

TIME:17:30

VENUE:Goodison Park

Manager David Moyes insists he is still driven to succeed at Everton after celebrating nine years in charge this week.

The Scot is desperately awaiting his first trophy since taking over at Goodison Park but stressed he is determined to go on and win some silverware, even if that means annoying some fans who maybe think a change at the top will bring a change in fortune.

By a quirk of coincidence Fulham are the visitors as they were for his first match in charge on March 16, 2002 when he began his Toffees career with a 2-1 win.

But Moyes will not waste any time on reminiscing on his past as the third longest-serving manager behind good friend Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United and Arsene Wenger at Arsenal.

"It is not fashionable to be a manager for nine years, it is fashionable to change it around and get someone in a bit more trendy," said the manager, who is looking to extend the club's 62-year unbeaten record at home to the Cottagers.

"I don't think that tends to be the case and the most successful clubs have had longevity with their managers.

"Some people will get a bit fed up and think it is time for the manager to go but I feel it is time to kick on and get better.

"I am always driving myself to get more. Even if I had won the league two times I would be saying I wanted to win it three times so the fact I have not done any of that means I want to try to win something.

"But it has to be looked on as a success to stay in a job in the Premier League for that amount of time but it is not just down to me it is down to the players and a really stable board of directors, unlike a lot we see around the country.

"I work hard to stay in my job, I don't take it for granted and I have to keep working hard else someone else will be there to take my place.

"My ambition is to take Everton as far as I can, I would like to win something."

Despite not winning a trophy there have been a number of high points for Moyes.

However, he is still grateful to David Unsworth for getting his Everton career off to the ideal start.

"I was nervous because I was a young manager coming into the Premier League and we were not in the best position in the table," he recalled of his first game.

"I was hoping to get off to a good start and it was more than that because David Unsworth scored after about 30 seconds.

"Highlights since then would have to be qualifying for the Champions League, even if we didn't make the group stage, and also the years we qualified for the Europa League.

"There was also beating Manchester United in the FA Cup semi-final - there have been lots of good times but as always I think the best is yet to come."

But despite arguably not having the same financial resources at Fulham, Hughes reckons he inherited a better group of players than those he took over at Blackburn six and a half years ago.

"Why can't we achieve regular top-10 positions in the Premier League and, on certain occasions, who knows? Maybe we can push for sixth position, fifth position.

"In terms of achievement, given the resources this club has, it reflects greatly on everybody involved."

After a difficult start to life at Fulham, Hughes has managed to stabilise the club in mid-table in the Barclays Premier League with nine matches remaining.

And despite being seven points behind sixth-placed Liverpool, Europe currently beckons for Fulham through the Fair Play League.

"I think it's ourselves and Chelsea in the top two positions at the moment," said Hughes, who took charge after the Cottagers reached last season's Europa League final.

"Chelsea almost certainly will qualify for Europe through other avenues, so we're in the mix for that.

"Given the club's had a fantastic taste for European football in recent times, we'd love to get it back.

White Noise

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/mar/18/squad-sheets-everton-fulham?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+theguardian%2Ffootball%2Frss+%28Football%29

Squad sheets: Everton v Fulham

guardian.co.uk, Friday 18 March 2011 17.56

There are hoodoos and there is Fulham at Goodison Park – the Cottagers have lost their last 17 league matches at Everton. It was perhaps appropriate that they should have been David Moyes's first opponents as Everton manager and they return amid rather downbeat celebrations for his ninth anniversary. This will be a match of makeshift midfields. Fulham are without Dickson Etuhu and Steve Sidwell while Everton are missing Marouane Fellaini, Mikel Arteta and possibly Tim Cahill, although Phil Neville is likely to shake off a hamstring injury. Tim Rich

Venue Goodison Park, Saturday 5.30pm

Tickets £30-37 (0871 663 1878)

Last season Everton 2 Fulham 1

Referee Michael Oliver

This season's matches 12 Y43, R2, 3.75 cards per game

Odds Everton 15-14 Fulham 10-3 Draw 12-5

Everton v Fulham: Probable starters in bold, contenders in light. Photograph: Graphic Everton
Subs from Mucha, Hibbert, Beckford, Gueye, Coleman, Anichebe, Mustafi, Duffy, Baxter

Doubtful Cahill (foot), Neville (hamstring)

Injured Fellaini (ankle, Aug), Arteta (hamstring, unknown)

Suspended None

Form guide DWWLWL

Disciplinary record Y37 R3

Leading scorer Cahill 9

Fulham
Subs from Etheridge, Stockdale, Pantsil, Kelly, Briggs, Halliche, Zamora, Kamara, Gudjohnsen, Kakuta, Saunders

Doubtful Kamara (back)

Injured Etuhu (hamstring, 3 Apr), Sidwell (knee, 3 Apr), Senderos (achilles, unknown)

Suspended None

Form guide WDDDWL

Disciplinary record Y36 R0

Leading scorer Dempsey 9

Match pointers
• Everton have not lost at home to Fulham in the league since February 1948

• If only the second half of games counted this season, Fulham would be fourth with 45 points

• Clint Dempsey has scored five headed goals from just six attempts on target and Tim Cahill has managed eight headed goals from only eight shots in total

• Everton have used fewer players (21) than any other side in the division

• Damien Duff needs one more goal to reach 50 in the Premier League

White Noise

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6821399,00.html

Gera agent coy on Toon link

Midfielder could move away from Britain in the summer

By Juha Pal  

Last updated: 18th March 2011    

Gera: Out of contract in the summer

The agent of Fulham midfielder Zoltan Gera claims he does not know anything about reported interest from Newcastle.

Hungary international Gera is out of contract at Craven Cottage in the summer and is not expected to sign an extension.

The 31-year-old's representative, Vladan Filipovic, has said in the past that 'half of the Premier League' would want to sign his client.

Gera's agent has repeated that statement, although he would not be drawn on Newcastle's apparent interest, and has also suggested that a move elsewhere in Europe could be a possibility.

"I don't know what is in the background, but Gera's contract will expire this summer so Fulham can't get money for him," Filipovic told Origo.hu.

"I can't confirm which teams are interested, but it's not a secret that the half of the Premier League want to sign Gera.

"At the moment it's not possible to sign Gera. In England it's not possible to sign a pre-contract before the end of the contract.

"He could only sign a pre-contract if a team would like to sign him from outside of Great Britain. This may also be a possibility for him."

White Noise

http://www.sportingpreview.com/matches/10112328.php

BIG MATCH STATS AND FACTS

SportingPreview.com: 18 March 2011

Everton have not had any players booked in six of their last eight Premier League games against Fulham and only one in the each of the other two.

• Everton have won their last 17 home league games against Fulham and all nine in the Premier League era.

• Fulham have won only one of their last 32 Premier League away games.

• Fulham have never won a league game at Goodison Park (D4, L18). They have lost on their last 17 trips, which is the longest ever top-flight run of one club losing at a particular ground. Their last point at Everton came in a goalless draw in September 1959.

• Fulham's last win on Merseyside was a 4-1 win at Tranmere in a second-tier match in March 2001.

• The home side in this fixture has won 17 of their 19 Premier League encounters - the only away win was Everton's 2-0 victory at Craven Cottage in May 2009.

• Everton have drawn 13 league matches this season - only Fulham (14) have had more.

• The Londoners have only lost one of their last nine Premier League matches, but that came on Merseyside against Liverpool.

• If the Premier League only counted the second half of games this season, Fulham would be fourth with 45 points.

• Fulham have conceded a league-low proportion of their goals in the second half of Premier League games this term (39%).

• The Toffees have won only one of eight league matches against London opposition this season (D5, L2). That victory was 2-1 at home against Tottenham in January.

• The last five goals scored by David Moyes's side have come in the first half of their matches. Four of them have been between the 30th and 40th minute.

• Everton have used 21 players this season - the fewest in the division.

• If selected, Louis Saha will be appearing in his 250th Premier League game.

• Mark Hughes has won only one of his last nine league matches against David Moyes - Manchester City's 2-1 win at Goodison Park in April 2009. In total, he has won two of his 11 Premier League matches against him, losing on four occasions.

• Fulham have won only one of their 14 matches against teams currently in the top half of the table - a 1-0 home win against Newcastle in February.

• The club have picked up 16 points from 10 league matches in 2011 - only Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool have taken more points during this period.

• Damien Duff is one goal away from scoring 50 in the Premier League. He can become the third Irishman to reach this milestone after Robbie Keane (122 goals) and Niall Quinn (58).

White Noise

http://fulham.theoffside.com/team-news/match-preview-everton-vs-fulham.html

Match Preview: Everton vs Fulham

By: Sam | March 18th, 2011

At last! A game. This weekend Fulham travel to Goodison Park. A game with a tradition of sorts – Everton win, get three points, then, when Everton visit Fulham, Fulham win and invariably get their three points. Take a look at recent past meetings and you can see this tradition has more or less been kept.

Except this season, when Everton visitied the Cottage and earned a point. The match ended nil-nil but could well have been two to Everton as they were the better team that day and missed a couple of good chances.

This Saturday, Fulham may well be able to pull off a similar feat in flipping tradition upside down. Everton are without key players in midfield: Mikel Arteta, Tim Cahill and Marouanne Fellani are all out due to injury. Fulham, however, have no major injury concerns and might have the advantage in midfield. An area of the pitch that Fulham used effectively in their last two games. The Blackburn match in particular, where a lot of passing took place in the right of midfield going into the opposition's box. Perhaps as a result of Damien Duff's good form.

In other news...

Well, Fulham haven't played a competitive match since March 5 but the last thirteen days has certainly thrown us a few surpises. Most noteworthy is Mohammad Al Fayed's decision to erect a statue of Michael Jackson. A bit bizarre but Al Fayed has said he was good friends with him. And also, as Mark Hughes says, the man has pumped a heck of a lot of money into the club and has the right to make such a gesture. (Still, it is a tad bizarre – do any other clubs have statues of pop singers outside their ground?)

And Sparky topped Bayern Munich's managerial wish-list as they prepare to replace Louis Van Gaal at the end of the season. But, although flattered, he declined the job offer and said he wants to see out his contract with Fulham.