watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

MJ statue thread.........

Started by Bilet, March 16, 2011, 04:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

Signing a petition is not only childish in the extreme but also a slap in the face for a man who saved Fulham FC.

Could people just move on now? It is a small statue, it is not like we are merging with QPR or leaving the Cottage.

SG

Having read all the messages and then allowed things to settle down a little - my view is very straightforward - I really couldn't give a ****.  There are many more important things that concern me, added to which I cant do anything about it in any event. I will walk past it and probably will not give it a second glance after the first game.

The Equalizer

This seems rather blown out of proportion and I believe that the petition is becoming more of a laughing stock than the statue itself.

These are some of the names that have signed the petition (as retrieved from the petition website):

Franz Josef Von Hinklehoffen
Charles Dickens
Gloria Gaynor
Babs Windsor
Ronnie Kray
Sir Alan Sugarloaf
Pope Pius IX
Mohammed Al Fayed
Michael Jackson
My Dad
The Artist formerly known as Prince
Craig Nags
Gary Glitter
Dalai Lama
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Blingo on March 18, 2011, 09:04:23 AM
The only thing that gets to me about this is that Funds had to be raised by the supporters to make the Maestro's statue and bring it to FFC, and the chairman pays for the MJ statue outright. :007:

That helps to make it OUR statue - the fact that the fans contributed to the cost.

os5889

Quote from: ImperialWhite on March 17, 2011, 08:56:19 PM
Quote from: OtterFFC on March 17, 2011, 08:49:56 PM
Signed.

Its not about publically rebuking our Chairman, to whom we owe an incredible debt.  Its about right and wrong - and this is wrong.

Wrong! Why

It's a feckin' (crap) statue which no one will ever see.

Micheal Jackson was a pop star. It's not like there's going to be a statue of Hitler for Chrissake.

Our chairman gave us £200 mill and our place in a European cup final. Let's let him put up a shite statue if it will really make him happy.

Seconded! If MAF now gets annoyed and cashes out over a statue of MJ it would be terrible!

JBH

Just had a comment from an Arsenal Fan at work:

Ha Ha your getting a statue of a Pedophile at the cottage!  

My Reply:

Its still better than having one as a manager  :yay:

He shut up very quickly and walk away

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

The Equalizer

Quote from: JBH on March 18, 2011, 01:10:07 PM
Just had a comment from an Arsenal Fan at work:

Ha Ha your getting a statue of a Pedophile at the cottage!  

My Reply:

Its still better than having one as a manager  :yay:

He shut up very quickly and walk away

Class!  :clap_hands:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Scrumpy

What is sad, and something big Mo should have been advised of (even if he is so thick-skinned that he didn't see it coming) is that this statue is dividing Fulham fans big time.

I don't like to see good guys like Otter and Imperial falling out over something like this.  :dft006:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.