News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sausages and a spanner in Lighthouses works.

Started by FatFreddysCat, March 18, 2011, 04:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

I did mention it in passing , but my mum went down to stay at her old neighbours caravan in Dorset (Bridport i think) and brought back these lovely big sausages from the local butchers, she told me they was 50p each and they was worth every penny, but turns out she told a few porkies  ( get it?)  and they was on at half price. Anyone interested that comes from that way or holidays down there i could try to find out the name of the butchers. Hopefully this thread will stop Lighthouse making the five pages so please reply.

The Equalizer

If you like sausages you have to try Boerewors - a South African delicacy. It's a pork and beef mix with lashings of saucy herbs and spices - best results when barbecued on a slow heat (not burned to cinders like the average British Banger). Serve with Mrs Balls' chutney and Bob's your uncle.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: The Equalizer on March 18, 2011, 04:26:57 PM
If you like sausages you have to try Boerewors - a South African delicacy. It's a pork and beef mix with lashings of saucy herbs and spices - best results when barbecued on a slow heat (not burned to cinders like the average British Banger). Serve with Mrs Balls' chutney and Bob's your uncle.
There's a South African butchers on the Richmond road ???? go over Hammersmith Bridge go right down to the bottom through Barnes and turn left (near to where Marc Bolan died) , i always meant to stop and buy some of that stuff. Anyone tried that butchers? Any good?

The Equalizer

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on March 18, 2011, 04:30:59 PM
There's a South African butchers on the Richmond road ???? go over Hammersmith Bridge go right down to the bottom through Barnes and turn left (near to where Marc Bolan died) , i always meant to stop and buy some of that stuff. Anyone tried that butchers? Any good?

That's 'Snoggy's' - on Upper Richmond Rd by Doverhouse Road. Good place and probably the best place in the area to get SA meat. They do very good steak in there too.

http://www.snoggys.com/
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: The Equalizer on March 18, 2011, 04:44:31 PM

That's 'Snoggy's' - on Upper Richmond Rd by Doverhouse Road. Good place and probably the best place in the area to get SA meat. They do very good steak in there too.

That's the one. Unfortunately i wont be heading over there this year so wont get to tast it. If anyone is interested the Butchers i was on about is called Rawles and is indeed in Bridport. If you're going down there get me a scores worth please :004:

Burt

Isnt there a Snoggys at Wimbledon station too? When you walk down the stairs from mainline to the district line, at the bottom on the left...

Jimpav

Are you a fan of sausage rolls Fred or do you prefer a sausage in a roll?

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Jimpav on March 18, 2011, 10:09:21 PM
Are you a fan of sausage rolls Fred or do you prefer a sausage in a roll?
When i go round my nans she bakes (Tesco's not very good sausage rolls) , but i prefer a sausage in a roll.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on March 18, 2011, 05:02:04 PM
Quote from: The Equalizer on March 18, 2011, 04:44:31 PM

That's the one. Unfortunately i wont be heading over there this year so wont get to tast it. If anyone is interested the Butchers i was on about is called Rawles and is indeed in Bridport. If you're going down there get me a scores worth please :004:

Its like the old days. Decent butchers, proper bakers for buying the rolls to put the sausage in and a pucker brewery for the liquid aperitif. Morrisons will of course crush the lot in due course.
Interesting side thread though. To buy the sausage and the roll as individual items and merge the two with some effort or buy the mush in pretend pastry. I'll have to admit to option one with chutney based options, pickles and mustard. Does that me posh ?

Crap for Engerland afterwards . . . . . .