https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Salcido On His Way?

Started by White Noise, March 23, 2011, 11:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snibbo

Quote from: finnster01 on March 24, 2011, 11:09:19 AM
Quote from: Snibbo on March 24, 2011, 08:02:53 AM
Yes, we never learn do we. How many players do we write off in their early days at the club, and then find out in the 2nd and 3rd season that they are actually pretty reasonable?

Let me start with a Chris Baird, and I'll raise you a Bobby Zamora.
And I'll counter with Steve Marlet and all in.

He played two good games, and it was all downhill from there. Sounds familiar? Except Salsa didn't come with a 11.5 million quid price tag in 2001

I'll throw in a Danny Murphy and point out that Baird, BZ and Murphy combined cost a lot less than Marlet, and are 3 of our top players. Yet all would have been ditched a long time ago if it was up to the slaggers.

NogoodBoyo

"....or maybe demanding a level of skill and application from our players to justify their spectacular wages in return for our outlaying our hard earned funds in watching them? "

Doesn't sound very rewarding or much fun to me Ron.  For those who think along those lines, I can wholeheartedly endorse giving up on Fulham and watching The Best of One Man and his Dog.
Nogood "living vicariously, isit" Boyo

Crita

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on March 24, 2011, 11:26:18 PM
"....or maybe demanding a level of skill and application from our players to justify their spectacular wages in return for our outlaying our hard earned funds in watching them? "

Doesn't sound very rewarding or much fun to me Ron.  For those who think along those lines, I can wholeheartedly endorse giving up on Fulham and watching The Best of One Man and his Dog.

I agree with nogood - that doesn't sound like much fun at all.

I stumbled upon this thread today and I've just finished reading it from start to finish. I cannot believe that anybody being honest would suggest that Salcido is in any way below par for Fulham.

Whilst he may not be the defensive rock that H&H are, he's a capable defender and an EXCELLENT attacking weapon. The prolonged success of H&H has raised expectations from "how lucky are we to have defenders like H&H" to "anyone not as good as H&H is rubbish and a disgrace to the Fulham shirt".

Quick question - has anybody watched Salcido play for Mexico? If you have, you'll know that he has the skills to be a top notch defender, the difference must be that he's got a lot of confidence when he plays for Mexico. The fact that's he had a few rough games in his first year in a new country is no reason to conclude that he's not worth keeping.

I normally don't post, I just catch up on Fulham news every day or two, but I felt obliged to post in this case.

WhiteJC

Quote from: Crita on March 25, 2011, 01:06:31 AM
Quote from: NogoodBoyo on March 24, 2011, 11:26:18 PM

I agree with nogood - that doesn't sound like much fun at all.

I stumbled upon this thread today and I've just finished reading it from start to finish. I cannot believe that anybody being honest would suggest that Salcido is in any way below par for Fulham.

Whilst he may not be the defensive rock that H&H are, he's a capable defender and an EXCELLENT attacking weapon. The prolonged success of H&H has raised expectations from "how lucky are we to have defenders like H&H" to "anyone not as good as H&H is rubbish and a disgrace to the Fulham shirt".

Quick question - has anybody watched Salcido play for Mexico? If you have, you'll know that he has the skills to be a top notch defender, the difference must be that he's got a lot of confidence when he plays for Mexico. The fact that's he had a few rough games in his first year in a new country is no reason to conclude that he's not worth keeping.

I normally don't post, I just catch up on Fulham news every day or two, but I felt obliged to post in this case.

good point Crita (please post more  :dft012:) however I think a major problem when he plays for Fulham is the language barrier, if his English is as bad as has been reported then communication must be the issue?

McBridefan1

I remember Bocanegra getting the same flak a few years ago and he spoke perfect American...errr... english. No no I was right the first time he definitely spoke american-duuuude. The cali-kid. Speaking of which is anyone gonna watch the US v. Argentina game tonight? I know how much you Inglateros love the Argies...  :hook: Could you possibly be supporting the Americans??? Should be a good 'un.

richie17

Quote from: McBridefan1 on March 26, 2011, 01:48:59 PM
I remember Bocanegra getting the same flak a few years ago and he spoke perfect American...errr... english. No no I was right the first time he definitely spoke american-duuuude. The cali-kid. Speaking of which is anyone gonna watch the US v. Argentina game tonight? I know how much you Inglateros love the Argies...  :hook: Could you possibly be supporting the Americans??? Should be a good 'un.

I'm sure Boca never got much grief.  Nobody particularly rated him, but that was because he wasn't all that good.  There was no arguing about his quality/lack of, just a decent enough player with a handy knack of scoring goals.

clint23

Speaking of which is anyone gonna watch the US v. Argentina game tonight?

I know Clint will play, but what squad has Argentina for this game?

YankeeJim

Quote from: Bogdan23 on March 26, 2011, 04:29:17 PM
Speaking of which is anyone gonna watch the US v. Argentina game tonight?

I know Clint will play, but what squad has Argentina for this game?

No Tevez but otherwise I think a full squad....or at least that what the newspaper hype is.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

HatterDon

We have a gig tonight, but it's an early one. I'll watch it on DVR when I get home. That's the best way, really, I can FF through all the Alexi Lalas bits. Now if I could only figure out a way to mute Harkes and still hear the crowd noise.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel