News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Mourinho on his way back it seems, who too??

Started by Luke, March 23, 2011, 08:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke

Jose - next stop England
Mourinho confirms Premier return is on the agenda

Mourinho: I'll be back

Real Madrid chief Jose Mourinho has insisted his next job will be back in England.

The former Chelsea boss has never denied his love for the English game, which came through his three-year stint at Stamford Bridge.

Mourinho fell out with Blues owner Roman Abramovich, which led to his departure in 2007.

He has since gone on to glory with Inter Milanand now Real Madrid - but despite his time in Italy and Spain, England remains his passion.

"I miss England and my next job will be in England," he told The Sun.

"There is unfinished business.

"And I think England wants me back, no? It was the most enjoyable time of my

career.

"My Chelsea time was amazing as a football manager and family man. My family and I enjoyed it so much. We made so many friends here. We still keep in touch, we still come back.

"In football there are a few victories here I would like to repeat. I will talk to my agent and get a project for my career.

Difficult

"I still have three years at Real Madrid. It is the biggest club in the world but it is also the most difficult club in the world.

"They came to me for the third time and I could not say no to them for the third time - I had to go.

"And I had to go to Italy, that was important for me because I wanted to try there. Everyone said it was the home of tactics so I said let me try there.

"But it is not England, England is special. People in Italy, Spain and Portugal ask me why I love England so much and I can't explain - I just do.

"I want to be happy in my work. I want to be happy with my football."

So my question is, where is he going to go? United to replace Ferguson, back to Chelsea or somewhere else?
Here's Davies..... It's on, It is on!!

Huge

I read somewhere that its likely to be Man City, he would be more suited at Utd though when fergie eventually retires
The Dude abides

BalDrick

Citeh will be desperate for him, but as above he'd be more suited to United. Thing is, Real will know as much and would probably rather he went to Citeh. If he sees out his contract at Real, I'd say the timing's just about perfect for United.

Would the Russian have him back I wonder? Would he go back to them?

Good news for Allardyce though, the Real job might be coming up...
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

The Doctor

Doesn't he come out with these sort of comments every few months?  He knows how to keep himself at the forefront of everyone's minds, that's for sure.  It would be interesting to see if he pops up as regularly in the Italian media, and indeed in the Spanish press after his time at Real

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: The Doctor on March 23, 2011, 09:11:28 AM
Doesn't he come out with these sort of comments every few months?  He knows how to keep himself at the forefront of everyone's minds, that's for sure.  It would be interesting to see if he pops up as regularly in the Italian media, and indeed in the Spanish press after his time at Real

He popped up a couple of months ago in the Italian press insinuating that he would like to go back to Inter at the end of the season because the Real job was not going well at the time.

The man knows how to work the media.

Tonywa

'Who too'? I know of no others in the same position, but I could be wrong.

finnster01

It has Man U written all over it. I have said that for years. He is the natural successor to Sir Alex, just need to develop a little more of a red nose and work on his hairdryer technique and he is all set to go.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: finnster01 on March 23, 2011, 10:52:00 AM
It has Man U written all over it. I have said that for years. He is the natural successor to Sir Alex, just need to develop a little more of a red nose and work on his hairdryer technique and he is all set to go.

If he was smart, he would steer clear of the job. The immediate successor to Fergie will be fired within 2 years - That is when Mourinho will get put in charge.

HatterDon

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on March 23, 2011, 11:00:31 AM
Quote from: finnster01 on March 23, 2011, 10:52:00 AM

If he was smart, he would steer clear of the job. The immediate successor to Fergie will be fired within 2 years - That is when Mourinho will get put in charge.

That's exactly what I said about Bob Paisley when he replaced Bill Shankly. No was ANYONE could follow that act was pretty much the basic song in those days. Seems to me Mr. Paisley did very well.

Mourinho is a natural for United. There are only two managers I've seen who can consistently balance the ego explosions and keep an entire squad match ready at a top-money club -- Sir Alex and Mourinho. It's easy for us to say "If I had all that money I could do what Ferguson does." The truth is, of course, there are problems with "big clubs" that we don't ever see at Fulham. Sir Alex is probably the best football manager in the history of the world. The only manager in his class right now is Mourinho. Think United won't get him?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

TonyGilroy

Who knows how successful Shankly would have been without Paisley. They were a team and the success continued after Shankly's somewhat odd retirement.

I agree that whoever succeeds Ferguson will be unlikely to last long.