more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

fulham sign manniger

Started by mike_f, March 25, 2011, 08:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_f

zzamora

If stockdale is not number 1 withthin 2 seasons i will organize a protest march.

clint23

I really don't understand Hughes... even if Mark leaves, we have Stockdale and Etherigde, two excellent young GK. We don't need anyone else

ScalleysDad

Now even if I was a cynical old so and so the prospect of Schwarz going and a ready made replacement coming in equals Stockdale off for a ridiculous sum to fund replacements in outfield positions . . . . . but that would be cynicism at its worst.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Bogdan23 on March 25, 2011, 08:15:25 PM
I really don't understand Hughes... even if Mark leaves, we have Stockdale and Etherigde, two excellent young GK. We don't need anyone else

You always need at least one experienced GK.

Fernhurst

Current prices @ BetSid:

Mark - off 6/4
Stockdale off 4/6 (sale agreed)

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Bogdan23 on March 25, 2011, 08:15:25 PM
Unless you watch the ressies and youth matches (fair play if you do) how do you know how good Etheridge is apart from the reports he plays for the phillipines or some country like that.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Fernhurst on March 25, 2011, 09:48:13 PM
Current prices @ BetSid:

Mark - off 6/4
Stockdale off 4/6 (sale agreed)

So our future has already been sold off? How disappointing is that?  :012:

Anyone know to whom and for how much?

Tom

Stockdale better not be sold to another club. I will be pissed!  :tom:
Fulham for life!

sunburywhite

Assuming Stockdale stays and we have signed Manager and Sewars goes, then Stockdale will be No1. Manager is only third choice back up now and at best he will only be No2 here.
Etheridge is unproven (and I suspect not quite good enough) to step up to No1 if anything happened to Sewars or Stockdale.
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

MJG

Quote from: Tom on March 26, 2011, 02:59:01 AM
Have to agree with that, when he has played he has looked ok and a lot better than some of the rubbish we have had in goal. He is worth a gamble I believe, cash in on MS, make Stockdale No 1 and then get a solid backup.

Burt

Completely agree with the Reverend, despite his unholy language...!

TonyGilroy

IF Manninger signs it would suggest to me that the deal with Schwarzer was that if he signed a new deal he'd be allowed to leave in the summer. He got a pay rise - we'll get a fee, he stays motivated and everyone stays friends. Arsenal's need is unchanged so quite likely he'll go there.

Stockdale gets his chance and we have experienced back up.

Fernhurst

Sorry lads - bet Sid is just a play on betfred ( big bookie in England) and the odds are completly fictious.
Its just my cynical take on the shenanagens going on behind the scenes at Fulham.

Fergie already slipped in a 12 million pound bid possibly???

sunburywhite

I agree that words must have been said at the start of the season, probaly as already said above.
"Mark be a good boy for this season as David is not quite ready, then you can go where you want"
"David, get you nut down and keep quiet then the shirt is yours next season"
Personally I feel MS is just on the the other side of the top of the hill and I don't think he has been quite as good this season albeit only by the odd percent. Next season he certainly won't be as good as he was last year
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

FC Silver Fox

Quote from: MJG on March 26, 2011, 07:47:56 AM
Have to agree with that, when he has played he has looked ok and a lot better than some of the rubbish we have had in goal. He is worth a gamble I believe, cash in on MS, make Stockdale No 1 and then get a solid backup.
Well said MJG. Couldn't agree more. It makes most sense long term. MS has been brilliant for the club. Its time to move on.  :Sparkyticus:
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

BalDrick

Quote from: TonyGilroy on March 26, 2011, 09:18:39 AM

IF Manninger signs it would suggest to me that the deal with Schwarzer was that if he signed a new deal he'd be allowed to leave in the summer. He got a pay rise - we'll get a fee, he stays motivated and everyone stays friends. Arsenal's need is unchanged so quite likely he'll go there.

Stockdale gets his chance and we have experienced back up.

Don't you get tired of being right all the time? Agree partly (see below) - seems to make sense from every angle.

Quote from: sunburywhite on March 26, 2011, 10:49:30 AM

Personally I feel MS is just on the the other side of the top of the hill and I don't think he has been quite as good this season albeit only by the odd percent. Next season he certainly won't be as good as he was last year

Which is the only thing that makes me wonder - it was always a bit strange when the mypoic Frenchman was tapping him up a year ago - frankly he was only borderline good enough for a title-challenging side then, and trying to be completely objective about it, he's certainly not now. Definitely going to have to pull his socks up if he wants the #1 shirt at le arse.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

ImperialWhite

Admittedly I haven't seen much of Arsenal this season, but I get the impression that Szczęsny is doing rather well for them - Lehmann has only signed because Szczęsny is injured and they need a backup. 

I can't see Schwarzer going to Arsenal now, not as first choice keeper anyway (which is what he wants at this stage of his career presumably).