watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Matchday Parking

Started by The Doctor, March 26, 2011, 01:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor

Apologies if this has already been posted.  Some good news (for now, at least) for those that drive to games.  Following LBH&F's consultation on matchday parking, they're not changing the existing restrictions.  Although, they do still sound a bit hopeful of introducing restrictions throughout the south of the Borough.

http://www.lbhf.gov.uk/Directory/News/Match_day_parking_consultation_result.asp

Match day parking consultation result
Wednesday March 23, 2011

In an open letter to residents, Cllr Nick Botterill, deputy leader and cabinet member for environment, puts forward the reasons why the council has decided not to introduce match day parking to all zones south of the A4/Talgarth Road.

Dear resident

We recently carried out a major consultation on parking, contacting 49,490 residents and businesses in all 12 controlled parking zones south of the A4/Talgarth Road.

We wanted to know what you thought about parking in your area, if any improvements could be made to the current controls, and if you wanted the council to bring in new parking restrictions. This included the option of introducing football match day restrictions to protect parking for local people.

I would like to thank everyone who took part in the consultation for making so many valid and interesting points, all of which were taken into consideration when making our decisions and formulating future changes.

The council received only 3,485 replies to the consultation – a seven per cent response rate – with responses in individual zones ranging from 3% in Zone F (near Chelsea's ground, Stamford Bridge) to 16% in Zone Y (near Craven Cottage, Fulham's ground).

The majority of people wanted their current parking controls to stay the same, with residents in Barclay Road and Effie Road voting for a maximum two hour stay for pay and display in Barclay Road. The council will be adopting this change.

There was a mixed reaction to introducing match day parking controls across the entire area. Excluding Zones X and Y, only 49% of respondents were in favour of adopting match day controls from Monday to Saturday, and only 41% wanted them on a Sunday. The only areas of clear support were Zones X (85%) and Y (67%) around Fulham Football Club, where a pilot scheme is already in place.

Given the major expense of setting up wider match day restrictions across Fulham, as well as having to charge all permit holders an extra £40 per year to help fund it, we think there simply is not a broad enough consensus of support for the scheme. Therefore, after thoroughly analysing the consultation results, the council has decided not to extend the match day parking restrictions that already exist in Zones X and Y to other parts of the borough at this time. The scheme will continue to run in Zones X and Y.

Having listened to residents' views, the council will be rolling out the SMART visitor permit scheme across the whole of the borough during the coming year and continue to create extra parking spaces where possible. We will also continue to closely monitor the zones, particularly on match days, for any parking issues.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all respondents once again for taking the time to complete the consultation and for all your helpful comments.

Yours faithfully,

Cllr Nicholas Botterill
Deputy leader of H&F Council and cabinet member for environment

ScalleysDad

It is still likely to end in tears and chaos. If you are coming in from the M4 corridor Chiswick Mall is still the best bet or on the M3 side Lonsdale Road but don't forget to cross the bridge. I always enjoy the stroll along the river although those cyclists who think its a motorway are just starting to test my patience.

epsomraver

The amount of money it must cost just to make sure the residents have their spaces once every two weeks, at least stewards man the barriers now and not Police, the amount of rates the club must pay in that borough and all the residents do is moan

FC Silver Fox

If the council is serious about trying to resolve the problem, they should provide free parking up by Wimbledon common and free buses down to Putney Bridge. Problem solved.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

alfie

living a few hundred metres of Craven Cottage, i never plan to drive anywhere for about 3 hours aftere the game
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

The Doctor

Not a bad shout, SilverFox.  Sadly, that area falls under Wandsworth's (and Merton's remit), and I'd imagine it's not politically expedient for either of them to help H&F out on this front.  I used to live round Southfields, and during my time there Wandsworth introduced quite a few controlled parking areas.  I can only imagine that Wandsworth and Richmond would tighten things up in Putney and Barnes if H&F had gone ahead with their plans.

So the cascade has been temporarily postponed

epsomraver

Good idea Renard but how would the buses get through Putney high street?Southampton and Brighton have a great park and ride service but they have the room,   the high street and bridge  is a nightmare even when there is no football, too narrow for a full  bus lane. I would like to be able to travel by public transport but even where I live which not exactly rural there are no buses after 8 pm and it would take well over 2 hours each way if possible at all, with 4 bus/ train changes. Evening games would be a non starter.