watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Bert Trautmann Story

Started by FFCcravencottage, March 27, 2011, 02:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCcravencottage

This was a 1 hour documentary that was broadcast on Thursday at 9pm in the UK.
I missed it so thought I would download it to watch. Really enjoyed it so thought I would share it
with anyone on here who missed it or for anyone of the overseas users on this site that wouldn't have been able to see it.
It was made all the better for me that his first game for Man City was against Fulham at the cottage, and everyone in football was expecting a hostile reception for him being that he was German. In the end even though Fulham won 1-0 he was given a standing ovation when leaving the field because of the great goalkeeping display they had just seen.

This is the link to download the file: http://www.mediafire.com/?t4ww9i7h49mwhkz
File size: 384mb AVI format.

The Bert Trautmann Story
Forget Eric Cantona, Ossie Ardiles and Dennis Bergkamp. The only foreign player British football
fans have ever really taken to their hearts is Manchester City's German goalkeeper, Bert Trautmann.
Here's the story of the only man who was a member of both the Hitler Youth and an FA Cup-winning team. After serving in the Second World War, Trautmann was a 23-year-old ex-paratrooper in a Cheshire PoW camp, but once freed, he made a major impact in sport, a heroic figure who broke his neck in the 1956 FA Cup final but still managed to play on to the final whistle. His story is told in straightforward fashion with contributions from his family, team mates and one of his biggest fans, ex-Arsenal keeper Bob Wilson. Radio Times review

gang

Brilliant program, I remember him saving a penalty at Fulham, we were awarded 2 pens, Jimmy Langley scored the first but Bert Trautman saved the second. We were 3-0 up at half time and went on to be typical Fulham and lose 4-3.

FFCcravencottage