watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Barry Hayles statue erected outside Neverland Ranch

Started by ImperialWhite, April 08, 2011, 09:43:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImperialWhite

http://backofthenet.markwatsonthecomedian.com/2011/04/08/barry-hayles-statue-erected-outside-neverland-ranch/

Barry Hayles statue erected outside Neverland Ranch
April 8, 2011 | Posted by John Foster | 0 comments

Controversy has erupted over a statue of ex-Fulham striker Barry Hayles that was today unveiled outside Neverland Ranch, the California home of deceased pop star Michael Jackson, to the surprise and bafflement of Jackson fans.

The statue, which portrays Hayles in a hunched, bustling pose instantly familiar to his fans, was commissioned by Janet Jackson, Michael's sister and the executor of his estate, in recognition of her family's devotion to Hayles's life and career.

'From the moment Barry was signed by Kevin Keegan in 1998, Michael was a passionate fan and sincere admirer of the man he liked to call the Lambeth Eusebio,' she told Back Of The Net. 'In fact, it is likely that the shock of seeing Bazza's Leicester relegated in 2009 hastened his death.'

Janet continued: 'Barry Hayles has given the world so much, and he keeps on giving. Just witness his brace in Truro City's win over Cambridge City last weekend. The least we can do as friends of Barry is to give something back, and this statue is the perfect tribute.

But some Jackson fans have reacted badly, with webzines and messageboards decrying the statue, which they feel is inappropriate and an affront to its surroundings. 'Barry Hayles only ever visited the Neverland Ranch once, and everyone knows his karaoke artiste of choice is Dire Straits,' said blogger Leslie Hu. 'I'm all for celebrating Michael's passion for his heroes, but couldn't we have had Geoff Horsfield? Or Bjarne Goldbaek? Why Barry Hayles and not Steve Hayward?'

The Jackson family is standing firm against the storm of protest, however, with older brother Jermaine reportedly telling disgruntled MJ-lovers that 'music fans love [Barry Hayles], and if some stupid fans don't understand and appreciate such a gift, they can go and listen to Ke$ha.'

Barry Hayles has refused to speak to Back Of The Net since 2004 when we reported allegations, never conclusively disproven, that he had eaten all the pies.

AlFayedsChequebook

Barry Hayles the 'Lambeth Eusebio', simply brilliant.

epsomraver

Vinnieffc

Dragoman

Dixie

Just the headline had me laughing out loud!
:62:
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

Burt

GoldCoastWhite

HatterDon

tee hee
yuk yuk
ho ho
guffaw guffaw

I never tire of humor based on the Al Fayed statue. It's just hilarious. All of it!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ron

Original plans to have the statue displayed being suspended from a balcony by its ankles were shelved after consultations with structural engineers.

FatFreddysCat

Hahaha very good, best post for months  :54: I now dare a Yank Fofer to get a statue of Harry Bayles outside peodoland.