Author Topic: Right who of you lots going to Hamburg? and whose got the furthest to travel?  (Read 2827 times)

FatFreddysCat

Offline finnster01

• Gentleman Jim
I'm coming Freddy and that is from New York City.

Apparently 3857 miles each way.

Offline CorkedHat

• MAESTRO
I read on the  offal about this bloke who is travelling from New Zealand. That will be hard to beat.

Offline Steve_orino

• Legend
  • White & Black: One State at a Time
Wished I had more to add to this thread but I can't speak of any travels.

I will be watching the game though.  Forgot to tell work that I'd be taking a half day on May 12th.  Must remember to do that before May 11th!

Offline finnster01

• Gentleman Jim
Now they have closed the airports in Spain again because of that Icelandic menopauseic volcano.

That poo better not drift over Germany in the next couple of days or I will be truly buggered.

FatFreddysCat

Now they have closed the airports in Spain again because of that Icelandic menopauseic volcano.

That sh1t better not drift over Germany in the next couple of days or I will be truly buggered.

You could always drive Finny  :015:

Offline WayneInWA

• Youth Academy
I know a guy in Western Australia making the trip. Unfortunately I can't do it due to work commitments. :-(

Offline Jacob

• Lakey/Dark Room
    • Twitter
I'll be flying out of Atlanta Tuesday evening to Frankfurt, then connecting to Hamburg. I'm really freaking out because this ticket is booked on a kind of tight time line (I get to Hamburg at 11:30 Wed) and I actually sold my 2nd car (was just a toy) to have lots of spending money for the trip. If I sold it for nothing I'm going to be beyond upset.

Offline Tom

• cebu
  • WTF
I'll be flying out of Atlanta Tuesday evening to Frankfurt, then connecting to Hamburg. I'm really freaking out because this ticket is booked on a kind of tight time line (I get to Hamburg at 11:30 Wed) and I actually sold my 2nd car (was just a toy) to have lots of spending money for the trip. If I sold it for nothing I'm going to be beyond upset.
Wow, I hope everyone goes smoothly for you Jacob! Have fun and a safe trip.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 08:14:50 AM by Tom »

FatFreddysCat

Good luck Jacob .

Offline Jacob

• Lakey/Dark Room
    • Twitter
Thanks guys. BBC News - Airports reopen after volcanic ash cloud air disruption this is looking more promising, but we will have to wait until Tuesday to really know. I already have a bed booked up for two nights and my friend secured me a face value ticket in the Fulham end. I will be crushed if I can't go.

FatFreddysCat

I might be mistaken but i think there's two Frankfurt Airports and one is miles away from frankfurt, mifght be worth looking into.

Offline Jacob

• Lakey/Dark Room
    • Twitter
I'll def check it out thanks!

FatFreddysCat

Did you make it Finny and Jacob?

Offline finnster01

• Gentleman Jim
Yes Freddy, please see my travel report on the main site

Offline Jacob

• Lakey/Dark Room
    • Twitter
I made it, probably the best trip of my life. I'm still too gutted to talk about it. Forlans goal went in probably 20 yards in front of me. I collapsed in a heap. I'll write up something about my travels in a few days. It still hurts.  (my seat) http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=55070247&id=4903341