watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No shame in losing to them

Started by BalDrick, April 13, 2011, 08:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BalDrick

Okay they rested a few players against us but man they were good last night.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

richie17

I still don't quite get it. Throughout my life I've looked at the Champions and thought "Yes, this is a really good team" but with the current United lineup they just seem a bit short in a few areas.  Maybe they're all 20% better on things we can't notice with the naked eye, maybe it's much more simple: great defence, good enough attack. Who knows? 

TonyGilroy

It's at least partly that their closest competitors have declined more than they have.

Drogba apart Chelsea offered little yesterday.

BalDrick

I agree they're not as easy on the eye as a few years ago but their movement last night and orgainsation was breath-taking for the most part. He's had a few lean years but thought Carrick was awesome last night, Giggs too (whose touches are at times sublime).

'It's at least partly that their closest competitors have declined more than they have.'

Yep - poles apart. Woolwich, on their day, can give them plenty to think about but nobody else can domestically.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

ImperialWhite

I was impressed by United yesterday.

Effortlessly soaked up pressure when Chelsea were on top (rather like when they knocked Arsenal of the FA Cup) and countered dangerously on the break.

This season's United haven't been spectacular, but they have been underated I think. Plus, they have a number of younger players - it will improve:
Smalling 21
Hernandez 22
Rooney 25
Nani 24
Valencia 25
Fabio da Silva 20
Rafael da Silva 20

A strong team, with a few key positions short that will inevitably be looked after this summer (a keeper, central midfield, etc.).

MJG

Quote from: BalDrick on April 13, 2011, 08:44:33 AM
but their movement last night and orgainsation was breath-taking for the most part.
I thought exactly the same, they were so fluid in their movement and positioning.
While we  keep a fairly rigid 442/4411 etc, they seem to have no problems with changing positions and filling in where required.
The Man Utd ethic has always been team first-player second, and thats one reason they do so well even when we all think the team is not that good.