watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (13.04.11)

Started by White Noise, April 13, 2011, 06:58:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/8969780.Burn_deal_still_has_some_way_to_go/

Burn deal still has some way to go

11:44pm Tuesday 12th April 2011

By Craig Stoddart »
Deputy Sports Editor

Dan Burn's move to Fulham is no nearer to being completed, says Darlington manager Mark Cooper who denied claims that the transfer has been completed.

Boardroom level negotiations are underway between Quakers and the Cottagers who are leading the way for the highly-rated 18-year-old.

Burn, who was left out of the line-up for Darlington's 1-0 win at Histon last night, has been monitored by a host of Premier League clubs with Everton a known admirer.

Reports in the national media yesterday claimed that a switch to Fulham had been completed, but Cooper said last night: "It's as you were at the weekend.

"I've not spoken to the chairman since Saturday but as far as I'm aware nothing has been agreed.

"Deals can be agreed but they can't be done yet. So an agreement would mean nothing if, say, Manchester United came in and offered £1m then he would go there instead.

"A deal can't be done until July 1 anyway, besides he's struggling with a knee problem that he's had for a couple of weeks so there's no point us in risking him."

Cooper also said that Quakers are in no hurry to sell Burn, though he added: "There's no rush, the only concern would be that if he played and got a bad injury that could cost us.

"There's lots and lots of interest in him still but at the moment, apart from one or two clubs, that's all it is."

White Noise

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/185967/David-Stockdale-shocker/

DAVID STOCKDALE SHOCKER

13th April 2011

By Mike McGrath

FULHAM boss Mark Hughes faces a battle to keep goalkeeper David Stockdale this summer.

David Stockdale, 25, earned a call-up to the England squad this season, but cannot get ahead of Mark Schwarzer at Craven Cottage.

He wrote on Twitter: "Hope I can challenge for No.1 spot next year. If not, I will have to evaluate my future as MS (Schwarzer) is looking in good shape at 39."

Hughes also has John Pantsil and Zoltan Gera out of contract at the end of the campaign.

He wants Gera to stay, but the Hungary midfielder said: "I am waiting for the end of the season to sign for an other club.

"I am in the best years of my career and hope I can get better. I want to change country with my family. I like new challenges."

White Noise

Fulham have Fair chance of Europa League place

Published 23:00 12/04/11

By MirrorFootball

Fulham are in contention for an unlikely place in next season's UEFA Europa League via the Fair Play system.

Each season the top three countries in the Respect Fair Play League receive an extra Europa League place under UEFA rules and England currently lie second in the standings behind Norway.

The highest-placed team in the Barclays Premier League's Fair Play table who have not otherwise qualified for Europe are put forward, meaning Fulham are on course to receive the berth with an average rating of 8.42 over their 30 games this season.

The Cottagers, who finished runners-up in last year's Europa League, currently sit second in the Premier League's Fair Play table behind west London neighbours Chelsea

With the Blues in line to secure a European spot through the league, it means Fulham are in place to earn a spot in the Europa League despite currently standing 11th in the table.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Fulham-could-reach-the-Europa-League-through-the-Fair-Play-system-article722765.html#ixzz1JNdeSF2G

White Noise

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2011/04/12/loaner-report-41211/

Loaner Report 4/12/11

Filed under: General — timmyg @ 11:44 pm

Diomansy Kamara started, played 72 minutes, and scored a goal in Leicester City's 4-0 win over Burnley on Saturday. I'd post his goal, but I can't find any video nor can I access the BBC iPlayer. Today he started and played 76 minutes on the Foxes' 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace.

Kagisho Dikgacoi started and played 90 minutes in Crystal Palace's 2-1 loss at Ipswich on Saturday. The Evidence also started and played 90 minutes in Crystal Palace's 1-1 draw at Leicester City.

Bjorn Helge Riise came off the bench in the 58th minute in Sheffield United's 3-0 loss at QPR on Monday, April 4. He started and played 90 minutes in the Blades' 2-1 loss to Boro on Saturday and 2-0 loss to Cardiff today.

Eddie Johnson started and played 82 minutes in Preston's 2-1 loss at Reading on Tuesday, April 5. He started and played 75 minutes in Preston's 1-1 draw at Pompey on Saturday, and 77 minutes in their 1-1 draw with Doncaster today.

Lauri Dalla Valle came off the bench in the 81st minute in Bournemouth's 1-0 loss at Bristol Rovers last Tuesday. He started and played 45 minutes in the Cherries's 2-1 loss to Tranmere Rovers on Saturday.

Keanu Marsh-Brown started and played 90 minutes in MK Dons' 3-2 win over Carlisle on Saturday.

White Noise

http://www.fansfc.com/story/31409.html

Robins eager to keep Maynard from Fulham

09:00 AM 12 April, 2011

Bristol City Football Club are desperate to tie Nicky Maynard to a new contract.

The 24-year-old has overcome a serious knee injury to return to form this season, and he is attracting interest from a number of clubs.

Reports over the past few weeks claim Fulham, in particular, are interested in the striker, and are preparing a bid ahead of the summer window.

However, it is believed the Robins are eager to tie Maynard to a new contract, and are hoping to get something wrapped up before the end of the season.

If the player rejects fresh terms, though, then City are likely to listen to offers for his signature in the summer, when he will have just twelve months left on his deal.

White Noise

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/barcelona-striker-soriano-hints-west-ham-blackburn-offers-1565841

Barcelona striker Soriano hints at West Ham, Blackburn offers

12.04.11 | tribalfootball.com

Barcelona striker Jonathan Soriano is unsure of his next move.

The Barca B star has Blackburn Rovers, West Ham United and Fulham chasing his signature.

"I have received offers from abroad but I am leaving those to my representatives," he told Sport. "For now I am just focusing on playing.

"Clearly stepping up to the first team is difficult because of my age and I want to finish the season for Barca before deciding whether to stay or go.

"Just because it is an ambitious challenge for me, I have not closed the door on it. I have not lost the hope of making the first team and I'm still fighting for it. "

White Noise

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake's fitness boost

Tuesday 12th April 2011, 1:25PM BST.

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake has given Wolves a boost after declaring he should be fit for the Fulham game.

The seven-goal striker came off at half-time of Saturday's 3-0 defeat against Everton with a hamstring scare.

His exit sparked fears that Wolves could be left with just one fit senior striker with Kevin Doyle already struggling to play again this season, although Stephen Ward could play up front again.

Manager Mick McCarthy withdrew Steven Fletcher towards the end of the Everton game to protect him.

But Ebanks-Blake was back running in training today and expects to be OK for the visit of the Cottagers a week on Saturday.

He said: "Hopefully, I'll be fit for the Fulham game – that's what I'm working towards.

"I've done a bit of running today and I'll be taking things day by day. I felt it just before half-time but, hopefully, it's not too bad.

"I've had a few problems with it before and it was on the best advice that I stopped when I did and didn't make matters worse.

"As we haven't got a game on Saturday, there's no need to rush things as regards full training.

"The free weekend is something of a blessing for me, because it's given me that extra bit of time to recover."

Wolves have two weeks between games now with no international break and Ebanks-Blake believes they can start to put their sudden slide behind them now everyone is back training.

He said: "We're looking forward to the game because we want to try to put things right.

"It's good for the lads because with so many of them having been away on international duty, it gives us the chance to get together in training again because it's difficult to have much cohesion in preparing for games when half the side is away.

"We've had some injuries in the striking department and, although Doyle isn't going to be ready for Fulham, with a bit of luck we'll be pretty much fine otherwise.

"We have a good bunch of lads here and we all get on well."

Read more: http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2011/04/12/sylvan-ebanks-blakes-fitness-boost/#ixzz1JKVyipgj

White Noise

Reserves 6-1 Charlton

Tuesday 12th April 2011

Fulham's Reserves produced a fine performance on Tuesday afternoon to convincingly beat Charlton Athletic at Motspur Park.

The Whites looked lively in attack with Danny Hoesen and Marcello Trotta combining well and Kerim Frei contributing with penetrative runs from midfield.

Whilst Fulham enjoyed the greater share of possession, the opening exchanges saw Charlton maintaining a solid shape.

The Whites opened the scoring in the 25th minute courtesy of a purposeful run and finish from Kerim Frei. The Swiss attacker collected the ball after Marcello Trotta produced a fine piece of chest control to bring down a clearance from David Stockdale. Frei wasted little time advancing on goal and hit an accurate low drive beyond the reach of the Charlton custodian.

Marcello Trotta doubled Fulham's lead on 34 minutes with a fine individual goal. Having won possession in midfield, the Italian striker made his way to the penalty area. Confronted with two Charlton defenders, Trotta made space for himself well before applying a simple finish.

Trotta netted his second of the game four minutes later with a clinical finish from 12 yards out. Rafik Halliche, whose passing out of defence had been immaculate all through the first-half, once again supplied the ball to the front and Trotta latched on to Frei's through ball to fire first time past the visiting keeper.

Trotta completed his hat-trick just before the stroke of half-time and once again it was Halliche's outstanding passing that set the move in motion. The centre-back played a well-timed pass into the path of the rapidly advancing Cristian Marquez-Sanchez and his low cross needed only the simplest of finishes from Trotta.

The visitors got off to a bright start after the break, netting on 46 minutes with a powerful volley from 10 yards that Stockdale could do little to stop.

But Fulham restored their four-goal cushion two minutes later with a spectacular curled effort from Danny Hoesen from the edge of the area.

Hoesen netted his second of the afternoon on 54 minutes after a quick piece of distribution from David Stockdale set up a Fulham counter-attack. The skilful Dutch striker latched on to the long clearance and fired a firm right-footed finish into the back of the net.

Fulham: Stockdale; Marquez-Sanchez, Briggs, Halliche, Smith (Monguel 45); Saunders, Harris, Trialist (Pritchard 75), Frei (Brister 70); Trotta (Trialist 62), Hoesen

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/April/ReservesvCharlton.aspx#ixzz1JKMy43Qt

White Noise

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-and-hammersmith-news/local-fulham-and-hammersmith-news/2011/04/11/golden-lion-s-ann-celebrates-20-years-in-charge-of-fulham-fc-hang-out-82029-28499190/

Golden Lion's Ann celebrates 20 years in charge of Fulham FC hang-out

By Adam Courtney

Apr 11 2011

It is one of the liveliest community pubs in Fulham, hosting music, darts and hordes of football fans every month.

But, as The Golden Lion's landlady Ann Carroll celebrated 20 years in charge at the weekend, she recalled how, but for a concerted campaign by regulars through the pages of the Chronicle, the Fulham High Street pub could now look very different.

"About five years ago, the brewery wanted to turn it into a yuppy pub, and I was about two weeks from leaving," explained mother-of-three Ann.

"But the regulars were up in arms and got the council involved and even wrote to Prince Charles. The Chronicle helped them and, such was the strength of feeling, the brewery changed their mind and here I am today.

"We've gone from strength to strength and I'm glad I never left. I brought my children up here and I've lived in the area all my life.

"It's a fantastic pub to be a part of and I hope I'm here for the next 20 years."

Ann, who grew up in nearby Crookham Road, has noticed the change in Fulham over the last 20 years, with an increasing number of 'trendy' bars opening.

But her part of town, she believes, is different, with a greater emphasis on community.

"The difference from when I was growing up, especially around the Broadway, has been huge, but not so much around here because people appreciate the importance of community.

"I think a pub like ours is vital because we welcome everyone, from children to pensioners, and that's the way it should be."

When Ann first joined, the pub was for away football supporters only. But she quickly formed links with Fulham fans and it is now one of the busiest pre-match hang-outs in the area.

Last weekend there was only one topic of conversation before Fulham's match – the controversial Michael Jackson statue.

"It's fair to say most people are pretty surprised by it – it's just quite weird," said Ann.

And, whatever chairman Mohammed Al-Fayed comes up with next, you can be sure Fulham fans will be in the Golden Lion discussing it.

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-and-hammersmith-news/local-fulham-and-hammersmith-news/2011/04/11/golden-lion-s-ann-celebrates-20-years-in-charge-of-fulham-fc-hang-out-82029-28499190/#ixzz1JIvDlA1T

White Noise

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/04/13/2438676/tottenham-outcast-alan-hutton-for-sale-for-5m-with-aston

Tottenham outcast Alan Hutton for sale for £5m with Aston Villa, Fulham & Sunderland leading the chase

Spurs right-back, who is sidelined until the end of the season through injury, is expected to have played his final game for the club after falling out with manager Harry Redknapp

13 Apr 2011 08:25:00

EXCLUSIVE

By Wayne Veysey | Chief Correspondent

Alan Hutton is likely to have played his last game for Tottenham as the club prepare to off-load him in the summer, Goal.com can reveal.

Aston Villa, Fulham and Sunderland lead the chase for the defender, who is valued at £5 million by Spurs.

Hutton had fallen down the pecking order at White Hart Lane even before undergoing knee surgery earlier this month, which will keep him out of Wednesday's Champions League clash against Real Madrid and on the sidelines until the end of the season.

He has two years left on his contract and Spurs chairman Daniel Levy and manager Harry Redknapp want to cash in on him while he still has re-sale value.

Goal.com revealed in February that Hutton had a furious dressing room bust-up with Redknapp after Spurs had been thrashed 4-0 by Fulham and knocked out of the FA Cup at the end of January.

The defender was given the cold shoulder by Redknapp for a month and was axed from the squad even though he was fully fit. Three days after the Fulham defeat, two goalkeepers – Carlo Cudicini and Stipe Pletikosa – were selected on the bench for Spurs' 1-0 win against Blackburn rather than Hutton.

He has had a mixed spell in north London but had seemed to make the breakthrough as a first-team regular this season, starting 18 out of the opening 23 Premier League games before falling out with Redknapp.

Double trouble | Harry Redknapp is ready to sell No.2 Hutton in the summer

The Scotland international partly patched up his differences with the Spurs boss and returned to the team for two games in March but Goal.com understands that he has played his last game for the club.

Kyle Walker will be welcomed back to White Hart Lane from his Aston Villa loan spell in the summer and is expected to be an integral part of the first-team plans next season.

Redknapp is a big admirer of Vedran Corluka's defensive qualities while Younes Kaboul is also regarded as highly capable back-up at right-back.

Sunderland retain an interest in Hutton after taking him on loan for the second half of last season but Villa and Fulham are believed to be the front-runners.

Villa will be on the look-out for a right-back when Walker returns while Fulham are scouring the market for a replacement for John Pantsil, who is out of contract in the summer and has fallen out of favour at Craven Cottage. Chris Baird has filled in for the last two months but is not believed to be a long-term solution in that position.