News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How many Fulham players are going to the world cup?..

Started by Tktd, February 22, 2010, 12:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

Kagisho Dikcagoi
Clint Dempsey
Mark Schwarzer
Bobby Zamora?!
Nicky Shorey?!
Dickson Etuhu?!

I think the fewer the better as it means pre-season will include most of our players who'll have taken some time to relax and come back rejuvenated.

Also if we don't get into Europa League for next season where do you think a fully fit squad with less games to play will finish?

Higher then 7th? - Winning more away games?

Also what's the likihood that we'll be able to play in Europe next season? Apparently we're top of the fair play table and England is in the top 3 of UEFA's fair play table... do you reckon we'll get into it that way, or is our best chance through the cup?

Also If Chelsea win the F.A cup then does 8th get a European place? If so does that mean 9th will get Europa League too?

Jimpav

I think Pantsil and Dickson will there as well too.

There is only normally one Europa league spot - awarded to 5th place.

A second spot is awarded to 6th place or the winner of the Carling Cup.

A third spot is awarded to the winner/runner up of the FA cup or 7th place if both finalists have already qualified through the league.

There is a 4th place awarded for fair play  - someone else can explain that!

HatterDon

I think you can guarantee that John Paintsil will be there. He's Ghana's player of the year after all.

There's also an outside chance that Eddie Johnson could be on the USA squad -- we're not exactly filthy with strikers. 
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jimpav

Does Dempsey play midfield for you guys or does he play as striker?

He's going to punish England in the group stages!

HatterDon

Jimpav,

Ideally we have a 4-2-2-2 with Jozy Altidore and Charlie Davies as the strike pair, with Landon Donovan and Clint as the forward midfielders, and Michael Bradley and Perm Any One from Four as his partner.

With the serious injuries to Charlie, and the lack of pitch time [until recently] for Jozy, Clint has been featuring a lot as striker. Often, when starting in midfield, he'll go up front to replace a substituted striker on 60 minutes. Like Roy, Bob Bradley appreciates his willingness to do whatever it takes to help the team.

Right now, Charlie Davies is confounding all expectations and may actually be able to feature in the World Cup [many of us would have been happy just for him to walk again], so we might actually see a little of our most effective strike pair in South Africa. Conservatively, however, I think we'll probably see Jozy and a CCC-quality striker up front, with Clint starting wide right and moving up on 60-75 minutes.

Of course, hardly any Yanks agree with me about anything, so ... .
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Tom

Quote from: Jimpav on February 22, 2010, 03:10:36 PM
Does Dempsey play midfield for you guys or does he play as striker?

He's going to punish England in the group stages!
He plays midfield for us normally.
Fulham for life!