Main Menu

Congrats To Danny & Joanna On The Birth Of Ethan Daniel Murphy

Started by White Noise, February 24, 2010, 10:52:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/danny-murphy/article/3662/

Mourinho not right for Liverpool

Tue Feb 23 02:14PM

First, some fantastic news. My wife Joanna gave birth to a boy, Ethan Daniel, last Friday at 2pm weighing 8lb 12oz. They are both doing really well and we are absolutely delighted with our new arrival.

On to football matters, and I genuinely believe that Chelsea will come through their Champions League tie against Inter Milan. I think they possess too much quality all over the pitch for a clearly talented Inter side; the resolve and strength that Chelsea have shown week in, week out gives them every opportunity to advance. The power and athleticism that Chelsea possess in every position will be extremely difficult for Inter to compete with.

Naturally, the English game has missed a character like Jose Mourinho since he left Stamford Bridge. He was always a little controversial and had something to say, but he certainly managed to produce the goods. Personally, I couldn't see him at Liverpool. I believe the right person to take the club forward is an individual who has a real understanding of the history and heritage that lies behind the club. His credentials and experience are excellent and he continues to impress at Inter Milan, but I don't personally see him as an ideal fit with Liverpool.

For all the talk of managerial 'mind games', they generally don't tend to have an effect on the players. It has become part and parcel of the game nowadays and I think players have become used to focusing solely on their football. If anything, mind games can backfire as they could motivate the opposition to counteract what has been said, and raise their game. Certainly players at the top of their game will understand the importance of focusing solely on what they can control, which is what they do on the pitch.

Personally, I love watching Champions League fixtures as I think most players do. I think it fascinating to see some of the world's finest teams competing, observing the different styles of plays, sampling the different stadia, taking in the atmosphere that the crowds create in these great spectacles.

I do tend to watch a lot of football in general to keep on top of everything that is going on, and the Champions League is certainly a competition that I enjoy greatly. I am only unable to view games if I am playing myself or I am travelling to an away fixture. I do tend to watch highlights or record games, as I am a firm believer that it is good to educate yourself by watching as much football as possible.

KCat

They have a set
Congratulation Danny and family !!!!!

He may not be on thr Fulham Flyer ?????
so will it be  Captain Digger  or Captain Hughes ?????

The Equalizer

Massive congratulations to Danny and Joanna!

But there can be only one person to captain us in his absence. Jesus will lead us into the light, it has been foretold.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc