more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Barney Travers-London Marathon

Started by Travers Barney, March 26, 2011, 10:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Travers Barney

Morning,

Just a quick line to say that I will be attempting to run the Flora London Marathon on April 17th 2011 on behalf of Shelter.

If any of my friends on here would care to sponsor me the link is: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/NeilAlexander (my page is the individual one).

My immediate concern when putting my name down was that I had this gut feeling that this was the year we would get to Wembley and that Marathon day was over the weekend of the cup-semi finals.....some gut feeling that was!

Thanks all

We are the whites

We are the whites

Scrumpy

Hello mate. The very best of luck.

Have you done any training?  :airfix:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Travers Barney

Not as much as I should have done Scrumpy......

Been running quite a few times a week for the last three months and did a 21 mile run two weeks back which kind of tested the water a bit for me....I looked grey afterwards my brother told me!

Ran to Fulham's ground and back a month or so also and patted the Johnny Haynes statue as I ran by.

I won't be looking for a groundbreaking time but as they say it's a Marathon not a sprint...  

(Cheers Daddy/Scrumps/Hamburg FOF)

We are the whites
We are the whites

Scrumpy

Quote from: Travers Barney on March 27, 2011, 12:52:24 PM
Not as much as I should have done Scrumpy......

Been running quite a few times a week for the last three months and did a 21 mile run two weeks back which kind of tested the water a bit for me....I looked grey afterwards my brother told me!

Ran to Fulham's ground and back a month or so also and patted the Johnny Haynes statue as I ran by.

I won't be looking for a groundbreaking time but as they say it's a Marathon not a sprint...  

(Cheers Daddy/Scrumps/Hamburg FOF)

We are the whites
Bugger me! Well if you've managed 21 miles, you'll manage another 5 or so with all those people cherring you on.

Travers Barney

Should have said its the Virgin Marathon not the Flora Marathon...schoolboy error!

Thanks for the guys on here who have sponsored me.....I know a lot of people on here are sponsoring other Fulham fans who are running so will be looking out for the Fulham shirts.

I'll have a small enamel badge clipped on to my on my running vest....old crest obviously!

We are the whites
We are the whites

ImperialWhite

Good luck mate! You're scoffing bucket loads of pasta today I take it? (and we want to see a time + match report!).

Inspired me to get my old skates on again, do a few k before the footy starts (let's see if my knee can take it...).

Travers Barney

Thanks very much Imperial...yeh loads of pasta...just going down the Earl Beatty to watch the Manx Derby...strictly diet coke obviously...I'll post time etc of course...

Thanks again.

We are the whites

We are the whites

Scrumpy

:045: Good luck Neil, and any other Fulham fans running tomorrow. I'll be watching from my bed, with Sunday tabloids, tea and toast.

You're all far better men than me. The only thing I ever managed was a sponsored silence when I was a kid. 12 hours solid, of which 8 I was asleep!

Travers Barney

Cheers Scrumpy and Sweden Cottager!

Bit nervous but nothing like I was before the home game against SV Hamburger....gonna play myself the post match celebrations now for a bit of inspiration,have a berocca and a banana and head up to London.

All the best to the other Fulhamers competing.

We are the whites
We are the whites

Travers Barney

Same as always..tears a plenty watching that!

We are the whites
We are the whites

Travers Barney

Managed to stumble across the line in 4:44:53...great experience and very humbling.

However there is no dignity whatsoever in being overtaken by a rhinocerous.

Thanks to all for your support.

We are the whites

Neil

We are the whites

sipwell

Quote from: Travers Barney on April 18, 2011, 09:01:46 AM
Managed to stumble across the line in 4:44:53...great experience and very humbling.

We are the whites

Neil

Well done! One of the rhinoceroses was a Fulham fan, but he ended after you :)
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

RidgeRider

Quote from: Travers Barney on April 18, 2011, 09:01:46 AM

We are the whites

Neil

Good stuff! That is a huge accomplishment. Well done.

LBNo11

...well done Neil, a great achievement and one with which you should be proud. I notice by your time you were 4:53 minutes behind another Fulham fan, Rhi, who I sponsored, Fulham fans eh, you don't see one for ages, and then they all come along at once..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC