News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So as usual, that means the title is decided and the only interesting part is...

Started by finnster01, April 17, 2011, 06:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

the relegation battle.

Can't believe Arsenal gave that one away :032:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

jarv

yup, you are right. the commnetators bleat on like sheep about how exciting the league is and it is over with a whole bunch of games to go. To rub salt in it, a very ordinary and boring manure team.....says it all.

alfie

was it or was it not a penalty, my take was that Lucas was already falling over before Ebue touched him, once Lucas was on his way there was no way that Ebue could avoid it, although i did not think there was much of a touch very clever by Lucas, and very naive by Ebue for being so close.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

finnster01

Quote from: alfie on April 17, 2011, 07:04:59 PM
was it or was it not a penalty, my take was that Lucas was already falling over before Ebue touched him, once Lucas was on his way there was no way that Ebue could avoid it, although i did not think there was much of a touch very clever by Lucas, and very naive by Ebue for being so close.
Agree
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

BalDrick

Although I was bound to owing to my dislike of all things le arse, I did think it was a pen. The player may well have been toppling over but you can't fall on top of a player in the penalty box and not be penalised - imagine we've held on for that long at the small ground in Fulham and Terry F**kwit 'falls' on Bobby in the box - just how apopleptic would you be were we not awarded the penalty (which Dempsey would of course have buried!)? I also thought - in those final minutes - that the home team managed to demonstrate everything I detest about them. Whingeing sore losers basically. They have no divine right to win games yet they seem to believe they do. If you want to win games, try scoring a few goals the 'ugly' way before caressing the ball into the net.

I agree the title race is boring but isn't that more the fault of the paucity of the 2 (really, maybe 3 with Citeh next season) challengers? Le arse have dropped points in games they've dominated and the small team in Fulham have massively underachieved in view of their investment (£50M for a striker who hasn't scored in 4 months FFS). A pedestrian-at-times United look to have wrapped up #19 (an irony no doubt spotted by some scousers last night) because of the pen.

On the bright side (brighter even than neither le arse nor the scum winning the title), our last game of the season will mean very little to the visitors, so we might get something, whereas you can bet your bottom dollar we wouldn't have got a thing off the officials had the title gone down to the proverbial wire.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

TonyGilroy

It looked like a penalty to me albeit softish.

11th minute though of the alloted 8 extra minutes. At least 8 estra minutes can mean more of course and a penalty and goal celebration adds extra.

Wengers fury was entirely enjoyable as ever but to some extent understandable.

MJG

Quote from: finnster01 on April 17, 2011, 07:05:52 PM
Quote from: alfie on April 17, 2011, 07:04:59 PM
Agree

It was a penalty, he should have not been so close to him, any touch and a striker would have gone down.

BalDrick

Quote from: TonyGilroy on April 18, 2011, 08:43:30 AM

11th minute though of the alloted 8 extra minutes. At least 8 estra minutes can mean more of course and a penalty and goal celebration adds extra.

Penalty was taken in the 11th minute of 8 but it was awarded in the 8th - we had all the shenanigans of players attempting to get the ref to change his mind etc before it was actually taken.

michaelread

Quote from: BalDrick on April 18, 2011, 09:37:45 AM

Penalty was taken in the 11th minute of 8 but it was awarded in the 8th - we had all the shenanigans of players attempting to get the ref to change his mind etc before it was actually taken.

think you will find it was the free kick that was awarded in the 8th, whistle should have gone the moment it hit the wall, as it was directed away from the goalmouth.

I do believe that the referee got it wrong, but thats football, and i dont know how Wenger doesnt yet understand that you cant change a game by crying over it

BalDrick

Quote from: michaelread on April 18, 2011, 09:46:38 AM

think you will find it was the free kick that was awarded in the 8th, whistle should have gone the moment it hit the wall, as it was directed away from the goalmouth.

I do believe that the referee got it wrong, but thats football, and i dont know how Wenger doesnt yet understand that you cant change a game by crying over it

Yep you're right, free kick was the 8th minute, but as TG says elsewhere Van Persie decided to do a few laps of the ground having buried their penalty, so there was still time to add. Reckon the whistle was about to go when the defender bundled into the scouser. The penalty that launched several thousand whinges, in each and every corner of the ground, and was probably only really enjoyed in Guildford, Tottenham and at Chateau BalDrick!

sipwell

I think it was a penalty too. Lucas went down very easily and in fact waited for the ARse player to run into him (he slowed down) but if you see the ball is going out of play - which it would have - why run after that player so madly?

As for Wenger: he still is French :)
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

michaelread

Quote from: BalDrick on April 18, 2011, 10:12:18 AM
Quote from: michaelread on April 18, 2011, 09:46:38 AM

Yep you're right, free kick was the 8th minute, but as TG says elsewhere Van Persie decided to do a few laps of the ground having buried their penalty, so there was still time to add. Reckon the whistle was about to go when the defender bundled into the scouser. The penalty that launched several thousand whinges, in each and every corner of the ground, and was probably only really enjoyed in Guildford, Tottenham and at Chateau BalDrick!

oh, no way, dont get me wrong, I was sitting up at 3am here doing a uni assignment and i jumped up at my desk in happiness, i hate arsenal haha

alfie

all comments fair enough i guess, and i suppose if it was Fulham i would be screaming for a penalty.

I can't hate Arsenal i absolutely love the way the play football, just need to be a bit more clinical in the last 3rd.

rather them than Stoke/Bolton etc etc
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't