watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Allardyce

Started by BalDrick, April 21, 2011, 10:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BalDrick

Watched the Newcastle -v- Man U game the other night, how dreadful a commentator is Allardyce?

One quite amusing piece where he started talking about one of his signings having become a better footballer since he'd left, thought to myself (as doubtless did countless Geordies) 'that'll be because he's now being asked to play football'.

Have a feeling it'll be a while till he works again, which can only be a good thing for football. Albeit Pulis et al will still hold him up as a mentor.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

leonffc

haha yeah. he was right up there with Butch wilkins in the list of people that shouldnt be near a mic!!

Truly awful

TonyGilroy

I'd rather he managed someone than got used as a pundit but I think you're right. I suspect his management days are probably over.

As a commentator he's dreadful and so is Wilkins. The guys that do the Championship - Gary Birtles and Don Goodman - are much better but presumably aren't big enough celebrities.

Matt Inglis

He was very bad indeed.
Ray Wilkins is the worst commentator I've ever heard. "He's a genuine footballer" - Yeah well done Ray.  :54:
There's only one Emma's burger stand.