News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Gas just hit 5 bucks in New York...

Started by finnster01, April 20, 2011, 10:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Tom

Damn! It is $4.11 here in California and I just got gas about 20 mins ago.
Fulham for life!

LBNo11

Quote from: finnster01 on April 20, 2011, 10:43:31 PM
:tom:

...it could be worse, here in blighty unleaded petrol is around $10 a gallon, but we don't have huge oil reserves..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

finnster01

Quote from: LBNo11 on April 20, 2011, 11:23:00 PM

...it could be worse, here in blighty unleaded petrol is around $10 a gallon, but we don't have huge oil reserves..!
I can relate to that mate, but here you are massively Donald Ducked without a car. I guess I could get by in NYC only, as the public transportation is not too bad here. I use the subway (the tube here) every day. However, if you want to stock up on goods or have to leave Manhattan for anything, the car is mandatory. There is no reliable and functional public transportation system outside the city, especially in the weekend. Of course we could make that same claim for London too, but I think it is to a far lesser extent. Public transport in London is far superior to the US.

In California for example, you couldn't even wipe your arse without a car. I know what Tom is talking about.

Tom

Quote from: finnster01 on April 21, 2011, 12:00:44 AM
Quote from: LBNo11 on April 20, 2011, 11:23:00 PM

I can relate to that mate, but here you are massively Donald Ducked without a car. I guess I could get by in NYC only, as the public transportation is not too bad here. I use the subway (the tube here) every day. However, if you want to stock up on goods or have to leave Manhattan for anything, the car is mandatory. There is no reliable and functional public transportation system outside the city, especially in the weekend. Of course we could make that same claim for London too, but I think it is to a far lesser extent. Public transport in London is far superior to the US.

In California for example, you couldn't even wipe your arse without a car. I know what Tom is talking about.

Finnster is right, you have to have a car in California. Gas prices have been going up here almost daily. It will soon be 5 bucks a gallon here as well.
Fulham for life!

AmericanJames

Its a necessity to have a car in most of the country unfortunately. In Detroit the only type of public transport is a unreliable, dirty, sometimes scary bus system which I've never used nor plan to try. Even what little national train system we have is expensive and a hassle to use.
we just hit $4.00 here and I am not looking forward to what the price will be when I drive 1000+ miles to Florida at the end of May
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on April 22, 2011, 08:32:21 AM
Its a necessity to have a car in most of the country unfortunately. In Detroit the only type of public transport is a unreliable, dirty, sometimes scary bus system which I've never used nor plan to try. Even what little national train system we have is expensive and a hassle to use.
we just hit $4.00 here and I am not looking forward to what the price will be when I drive 1000+ miles to Florida at the end of May
James, why are you driving all the way down to Florida for?
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: Tom on April 20, 2011, 11:20:23 PM
Damn! It is $4.11 here in California and I just got gas about 20 mins ago.
I was absolutely shocked yesterday when I drove by the gas station and the price went down 2 cents to 4.09 a gallon.
Fulham for life!

AmericanJames

Quote from: Tom on April 22, 2011, 09:43:57 AM

Moving down for the summer, I'd gladly fly but im going to need my car down there

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on April 22, 2011, 02:41:59 PM

Moving down for the summer, I'd gladly fly but im going to need my car down there
Gotcha. What part of Florida are you moving to and why do you move down there for the summer? Summer job or are you like the snow birds?
Fulham for life!

Steve_orino

$3.85 here in North Texas.

Much like Cali, must have a car to get around.  Public transportation is improving but its not even comparable to New York or DC.
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

AmericanJames

Quote from: Tom on April 22, 2011, 07:16:22 PM

Gotcha. What part of Florida are you moving to and why do you move down there for the summer? Summer job or are you like the snow birds?

Get out of Michigan for a bit, kinda wanna do something different than the usual michigan summer.Plus I've spent the last 2 summers up at school taking summer classes need a break from the monotony of continuously going to school and If I were a snow bird id be heading down in the winter. My brother (aka clintclintduece) and dad are down in jacksonville. I have a couple job opportunities down there but I am trying to find a finance internship down there.

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on April 24, 2011, 09:10:44 AM
Quote from: Tom on April 22, 2011, 07:16:22 PM

Get out of Michigan for a bit, kinda wanna do something different than the usual michigan summer.Plus I've spent the last 2 summers up at school taking summer classes need a break from the monotony of continuously going to school and If I were a snow bird id be heading down in the winter. My brother (aka clintclintduece) and dad are down in jacksonville. I have a couple job opportunities down there but I am trying to find a finance internship down there.
Good luck with finding a job and that internship.
Fulham for life!

Steve_orino

AJames, tell CCD to chime in every now and then.

He's missed & 'we' hope he's doing well.
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

finnster01

Quote from: Steve_orino on April 25, 2011, 11:20:33 PM
AJames, tell CCD to chime in every now and then.

He's missed & 'we' hope he's doing well.
Ditto :clap_hands:

GoldCoastWhite

Ours is around $5.95aud, which I think works out to around $6.25usd on the current exchange rate. But am I right in thinking a US gallon is different to an Imperial gallon ? Actually just Googled that very question and our fuel works out to $5.00aud for a US gallon, or $5.35usd per US gallon. Public transport varies wildly here depending on where you live. I moved into the city last year and live less than 2 miles from work so I either walk or cycle. Aussies are by and large heavily dependent on their cars though, especially outside the metropolitan area. Lots of country folk, taxis and others who cover large distances are running on LPG, which is much cheaper than petrol and I believe we have pretty good reserves.

Steve_orino

How's the Corked one getting around these days?

Did he get that foot fixed?
@Borino09

finnster01

Quote from: Steve_orino on April 26, 2011, 11:28:21 PM
How's the Corked one getting around these days?

Did he get that foot fixed?
Not sure Mr Steve,

But I am sure that the community of Rupanyup will look after our bard to the best of their abilities. It is old school down there,they will look after their own. I have no worries on that front.