https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Was Sparky Right With Starting Line-Up?

Started by White Noise, April 23, 2011, 08:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Super Subs

Saturday 23rd April 2011

Substitutes Bobby Zamora and Andrew Johnson combined in the second-half to earn Fulham a well-deserved share of the points against Wolves at Molineux on Saturday afternoon. 

And Mark Hughes was certainly pleased with the determination showed by his side, as he stated after the match.

"We've got to be pleased with taking something out of the game," said the Fulham Manager. "From our point of view the worst-case scenario was to allow Wolves to score first. That's what happened and it made a for hard day for us.

"If we'd have taken any one of the chances that we created early on I think we would have comfortably won the game. That would have caused Wolves to come out and try and get back on level terms and I think we would have very quickly picked them off.

"But because they had something to fight for and protect it was more difficult for us. But we kept going and thankfully we got something out of the game. It's a difficult fixture on paper and we had to be strong today and show character to get back on level terms."

With Fulham searching for a way back into the came, the equaliser came from the right boot of substitute Andrew Johnson, just 18 seconds after the front man entered the fray.

"When you make changes you want them to make an impact and they certainly did" Hughes assessed. "Bobby used his physical presence in the key area of the field and AJ did exactly what I hoped he would do. It was great for him because he lacked goals of late and that's the only thing that's been missing from his performances. That goal will do him the power of good."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/April/HughesWolvesReaction.aspx#ixzz1KNGvBmit

PokerMatt

Personally would have liked Etuhu to be in the starting XI against Wolves. Sidwell is a better player all-round, but Murphy was getting battered by Henry in there, and Dickson might have given him some more space.

Probably would have taken Dempsey off earlier - can't fault him for getting in good positions, but his finishing was way off today, and they got on the wrong side of him today. He didn't use that frustration properly as he often does.

If Bobby got injured, not many more options than to start Guddy - perhaps Demps up top again, Dembele left with AJ starting instead? Lots of possession, but I think too many changes made us suffer a bit - still far the better team though.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Mr Fulham

AJ should have started ahead of Guddy. We lacked pace up front.

Tom

Quote from: Mr Fulham on April 23, 2011, 11:32:54 PM
AJ should have started ahead of Guddy. We lacked pace up front.
I agree with this.
Fulham for life!

CaliforniaFFC

NO.

Gudjohnsen is washed up.

Would have added my support for JP before kick off but Baird defending against Jarvis was excellent.

Matt

Quote from: CaliforniaFFC on April 24, 2011, 05:06:50 AM
NO.

Gudjohnsen is washed up.

Would have added my support for JP before kick off but Baird defending against Jarvis was excellent.

Why should JP have played, with Baird beeing excellent all season and Salcido improving?
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

Tom

Quote from: Matt on April 24, 2011, 08:32:45 AM
Quote from: CaliforniaFFC on April 24, 2011, 05:06:50 AM
NO.

Gudjohnsen is washed up.

Why should JP have played, with Baird beeing excellent all season and Salcido improving?
Agreed! At least these guys won't score on ourselves.  :doh:
Fulham for life!