watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The View from South Texas -- FFC v. Bolton

Started by HatterDon, April 27, 2011, 11:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

I didn't mean to distract people from the review by putting that in there, but, since it's there ... .

I don't have any inside information. I DO know, however, that Liverpool's principal owner has been aware of Dempsey since he was with New England. It makes sense that acquiring Dempsey for Liverpool would make the American investors very happy while, at the same time, improving the quality of their squad.

After I made that observation first on FofF some months ago, it evidently was mooted in what we laughingly call our "soccer press" in the States. When I made that suggestion, by the way, the consensus of the responses was that Dempsey wouldn't be of any use to a Top 4 side. He'd be better off to stay at Fulham rather than not getting a match at a "big club." If he left it would be for a mid-table German side,  etc. When one of our continental posters listed the consensus of European agents on the value of everyone in the Prem, I wasn't surprised to see Dempsey rated so highly in the transfer market. it helped reinforce the opinion I've had for a while that Dempsey is rated more highly by most football fans than he is by Fulham supporters.

I don't believe that Dempsey wans to leave. Everything I've read indicates that he is happy with the club. He certainly likes to "share the love" as he did yesterday after his first -- sprinting 40 yeards to hug Etuhu. The thing is that a player is going to leave Fulham one of two ways: (a) after serving his purpose and being released or transfered to a lower-level club, or (b) being transfered at or near his prime to help bring in needed cash. He'll be cheered forever if the former, and booed senselessly in the latter case. That's the way of professional sports.

As I said above, when he goes, I'll be satisfied that he gave us everything he had in his tank each time he took the pitch. He played wherever his manager wanted him to play, got his head down and did his job. And he did it all with a remarkable degree of skill.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

TonyGilroy

From Liverpool's point of view though he's Dirk Kuyt isn't he. The hard worker who never lets you down and every so often does more than you expect.

Hard to see them both playing in the same team regularly if that team is looking to be top 4 rather than comfortably mid table.

I also doubt (though I could be wrong) that Dalgliesh is the type of manager to have unwanted players foisted on him by club owners.

BalDrick

Bearing in mind the seeming strength of fan opinion at Anfield, I'd say it's unlikely they'll be looking at bringing anyone else in from Fulham in the foreseeable. In addition, you'd have to assume Deuce is still at least fleetingly in touch with one or both of Hodgson and Konch, neither of whom are likely to exactly rave about all things Scouse.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

ImperialWhite

Would Dempsey consider Europe maybe? He's hinted at wanting Champions League football. Not sure Man United/Chelsea/Arsenal/City would want him, although a CL hopeful like Everton or Villa might.

He speaks Spanish doesn't he? Can't see him fitting in at la Liga though. A German side perhaps?

finnster01

Quote from: HatterDon on April 28, 2011, 02:56:44 PM

As I said above, when he goes, I'll be satisfied that he gave us everything he had in his tank each time he took the pitch. He played wherever his manager wanted him to play, got his head down and did his job. And he did it all with a remarkable degree of skill.
Amen to that, Mr Hatter.

No one can ever accuse that lad not to leave it all out there and play hard. He took what ever bumps in the road he had, head down, practiced hard, never moaned in the paper (like somebody else did) and got his spot back. Look at Clint now? Top player not at just Fulham but the Prem. I really respect that. A lot of players would have given up, he didn't.  :clap_hands:

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

AlFayedsChequebook

AC Milan were purportedly hovering around last summer when Roy left and there was uncertainty at the club.

I would be amazed if anyone in England snapped him up, but could easily see a top team from Italy or Germany coming in for him.

Jack Fulham

Not sure he's Liverpool's type of player. You'd think they'd be looking for out and out wingers rather inside forward such as Clint. Although, if a bigger club came in for him, I could see him moving because he's a winner and I imagine wants to go on and win something that he may not with us. I would not be disgruntled if it were a big club though because he's served us so well. If we do sell him, I am sure he will collect a handsome transfer fee.

RidgeRider

Really enjoyed the report once again Hatter. Well done.

Fernhurst

Thank you for your report HD and pretty much matched what I saw........ I had a bit of a "Road to Damacus" moment watching last night  while cuddling my Missus trying to keep her warm.

Premiership football is VERY VERY diffiicult and we were absolutely wonderful at it last night.

A great performance and result and taking everything in to consideration .....can't see how we can't deliver a terrific end to the season with this hungry squad.

Not going to hijack this thread, but my MOM was Carlos.... purely for the grief I've given him previously.... very impressed, well done Sir.

Ag

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on April 28, 2011, 09:56:02 AM
Quote from: finnster01 on April 28, 2011, 09:30:24 AM
Does anyone know who Clint's agent is?

James Grant Sports Management, the two listed agents are Craig Sharon and Lyle Yorks.

Shares an agent with Sally, Oguchi Onyewu, Jack Rodwell, John O'shea and a load of other americans

Pretty certain it's Yorks.

SteveM19

"I am Simon Davies' bitch" across his ample ass.

That made me laugh out loud in front of my 4 y/o son, who looked at me funny.