watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Zamoras goal

Started by Yarden, April 27, 2011, 11:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yarden

:tom: How was that not allowed? and then he gets booked. I just dont get it.

Aldo

Referee indicated hand ball, but couldn't see from our angle. Did anyone else see it better?

Senior Supporter

It seemed to come off the joint between shoulder and arm, and on Sky highlights they didn't think it was handball, but Bobby didn't seem to protest very strongly. It definitely shouldn't have been a booking though.

HatterDon

It was for hands. The TV replays showed it hitting the juncture of his shoulder and his chest. The problem is that his arm was up. I don't know if the linesman had a good view or even if he flagged. I can see it being called, and Bobby just laughed about it with Cahill.

As for the card, if the referee believes that the hand-ball is intentional, it's an automatic yellow AT MINIMUM.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

TheDaddy

THAT WAS A GOAL THE YELLOW CARD SHOULD BE RESCINDED ON APPEAL.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

HatterDon

I don't disagree with your sentiment, Mr. The Daddy, but I don't think you can appeal a yellow.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

finnster01

The thing that concerns me is that we are clocking up some rather silly yellows (and red, thank you Mr Hughes).

We weren't all that far ahead of Blackpool last time I looked at that fair play thingy.

I've got a funny feeling about all that to be honest
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Rupert

I thought the referee made a complete mess of the disallowed goal situation when he brandished that card. Completely over the top reaction from someone who had a fairly poor first half (did he award us a single free kick? Bolton got one every time they fell over) but who had a far better second half up until that stage.
Perhaps something in his head just said, "Oops, the game's nearly over, better get the cards out so people know you have done your job."
Another contender for "needs more games at a lower level"?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

King_Crud

i dunno, Sidwell did two bad tackles during the game that i thought were worth a yellow and got nothing, so excepting the fact that goal should have stood, i don't think we did too bad in the yellow card department

Tom

Total bull, goal should have counted!
Fulham for life!

BalDrick

Quote from: HatterDon on April 28, 2011, 12:11:46 AM
I don't disagree with your sentiment, Mr. The Daddy, but I don't think you can appeal a yellow.

Correct you can't. Even when it's a second.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

sipwell

He should have celebrated the goal as if he had scored the best one in his career, I think the referee would have allowed it. His celebratory movement had "I touched it with my arm" written all over it.

It was yellow I think because he moved up his arm intentionally. If it would have just touched it, it would have been a foul.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

The Doctor

Must admit, I didn't see the handball.  Haven't seen any replays yet, so will hold judgement.

But this I will say, what a brilliant move the build-up to that goal was.  Quite possibly one of the best passages of play I've ever seen at the cottage

Willard

I agree - the movement leading up to the goal was absolutely terriffic. I think that was why the crowd went bananas.

TonyGilroy

I was in the Riverside and had a good view and my immediate impression was handball so if that's wrong I can't blame the ref. It looked like Zamora's arm was meeting and controlling the ball.

Stunning play from Davies though and wonderful finish.

johnny23

I don't uderstand why the referee gived a handball if he didn't saw the ball touching his hand :(
Link your name to your team and become a part of its history! FootballFansPanel.com

Lighthouse

The game highlights are already up on the offal. So the Zamora goal can be played to your hearts content.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

richie17

If he hadn't used his arm the ball wouldn't have come back inside like it did.  I think Zamora knew this too, which is why he didn't make a fuss.  It was an amazing goal but I think a fair decision.