watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (24.02.10)

Started by White Noise, February 24, 2010, 06:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Bobby Zamora and Michael Owen for the World Cup? Definitely insists England legend Teddy Sheringham

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 10:46 AM on 23rd February 2010

Teddy Sheringham feels Fulham striker Bobby Zamora could be a shock inclusion in England's World Cup squad.

Zamora has impressed for Roy Hodgson's men this term and scored the winner in Sunday's win over Birmingham with a fierce free-kick.

'Bobby Zamora has come on the scene, he is scoring goals and playing with a lot of confidence,' said Sheringham.

'Confidence makes the difference. Bobby is at the top of his game and people are talking about him being a candidate.

'There is a chance for everybody and anybody to turn things around, play better and get in the squad.'

Sheringham also refuses to accept time has run out for another striker - Manchester United's Michael Owen - to force his way into Fabio Capello's thoughts

'It is still early days, if Michael played the next four or five games and scored three or four goals then all of a sudden he's back in the good books and you'd have him in the squad,' said the former Tottenham forward.

'You know he can score goals at the top level, if you give him a half chance he will take it. At the moment he is not scoring or playing, but things can change very quickly in football so we'll see.'

Sheringham was at Wembley yesterday with former strike partner Alan Shearer as part of the England 2018/2022 bid where Morrisons was announced as a new official partner.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1253108/Bobby-Zamora-Michael-Owen-World-Cup-Definitely-insists-England-legend-Teddy-Sheringham.html#ixzz0gQok0gJf

White Noise

Ex-Inter boss Roy Hodgson backs Fulham's west London rivals Chelsea in duel with Jose Mourinho's Italian champions

By Christopher Davies Last updated at 2:24 PM on 23rd February 2010

Fulham manager Roy Hodgson, who had two spells coaching Inter Milan in the Nineties, believes Chelsea's experience will be a key factor at San Siro tomorrow.   

Hodgson knows first-hand the passion generated by Inter fans on European nights but is confident the Chelsea players can handle the atmosphere. 

He said: 'The good thing is Chelsea have a lot of experience and every one of their players will have played there before, I'm sure. For Carlo Ancelotti it's a return home. 

'The tie sees the best Italy have to offer and one of England's best teams. There is a belief the Premier League is better than Serie A but it's dangerous to say this league is behind that league. 

'If you can pan out all the teams in a league and work out how number 12 in Italy would do against number 12 in England it might be easier...but with the very top teams in any of the big European leagues there is very little to choose between them. 

'We saw that last week with AC Milan and Manchester United. It took United a while to get going and they needed a couple of great goals to win the match. 

'Inter are a stronger team than Milan, I don't think anyone would question that. For Chelsea the task of going to San Siro and playing a really strong team is one that will test them.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1253164/Ex-Inter-boss-Roy-Hodgson-backs-Fulhams-west-London-rivals-Chelsea-duel-Jose-Mourinhos-Italian-champions.html#ixzz0gQpL7rri

White Noise

Manchester United back in the chase for QPR wonderkid Raheem Sterling

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 11:08 AM on 22nd February 2010

Manchester United's youth chief Brian McClair ran the rule over QPR whizz kid Raheem Sterling at the weekend as the Premier League champions joined the race to sign the 15-year-old hot prospect.

Manchester City, Arsenal and Fulham all want to sign attacking midfielder Sterling and McClair was in attendance as a VIP guest at QPR's latest Under 18 match in a personal scouting mission, says The Mirror.

Rangers' valuation of the player has so far stalled any deal but United's interest appears strong enough to be willing to thrash out a fee.

Sterling was born in Jamaica but raised in London, and has represented England at youth level.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1252834/Manchester-United-chase-QPR-wonderkid-Raheem-Sterling.html#ixzz0gQptyhlp

White Noise

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/2/24/sports/5728958&sec=sports

Champs Donetsk confident of more Europa excitement

BERNE: Holders Shakhtar Donetsk believe it will be good for soccer if they beat Fulham tomorrow to qualify for the last 16 of the Europa League.

"Our team deserves to play in the final phase of any tournament it takes part in because we show a spectacular game which is interesting for everyone," said Donetsk coach Mircea Lucescu.

"We will have to find ways to break them down as well as to reach the penalty area ... I hope the refereeing in Donetsk will help the spectacular and skilful football but not the physical one."

The Ukrainians were beaten 2-1 by their Premier League opponents in the first-leg in London last week.

Lucescu, who has six Brazilians in his squad, said last week's tie was between contrasting teams.

"It was a duel between two completely different styles of playing," said the Donetsk coach. "Fulham were based on their physical strength and long passes.

"We construct our game with technique and fast dribbling. In my opinion it all resulted in a spectacular and exciting match for the fans."

Donetsk lived up to Lucescu's billing in the first-half of the group phase, scoring four goals in each of their first three games.

However, they failed to win or score a goal in their last two matches in the section.

The Europa League, widely regarded as the poor relation of the Champions League, is the last realistic chance of a trophy this year for former European champions Juventus and Liverpool who each won it three times in its previous incarnation as the UEFA Cup.

The tournament is a consolation prize after Juve and Liverpool finished third in their Champions League groups.

Juve won their first leg 2-1 at Ajax Amsterdam although they cannot be over-confident following the 4-1 home defeat by Bayern Munich which knocked them out of the Champions League in December.

Five-time European Cup winners Liverpool are in a trickier position as they take a slender 1-0 lead to Romania for their second-leg against Unirea Urziceni.

Spain's four teams all face the threat of elimination, three of them having drawn at home last week.

Villarreal visit Bundesliga champions VfL Wolfsburg, having been held 2-2, while Athletic Bilbao visit Anderlecht and Atletico Madrid make the long haul to Turkey's Galatasaray after 1-1 stalemates.

Valencia, beaten 1-0 at Club Bruges, may rue their failure to score an away goal when they host the Belgians.

The Spaniards are without David Silva, who was sent off in the first leg. — Reuters

White Noise

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/23022010/63/etuhu-relishing-first-team-return.html

Etuhu relishing first-team return

Tue, 23 Feb 19:49:15 2010

Fulham midfielder Dickson Etuhu has welcomed the chance to finally get a run of games under his belt in recent weeks.

The Nigeria midfielder started the season in impressive form, but missed several weeks with injury and then represented his country at the African Nations Cup, with Chris Baird and Kagisho Dikgacoi impressing in his absence.

He has played five games in succession since returning against Bolton, though, and told the club's official website: "It is good to be back. It felt like a very long time since I last pulled that white shirt on.

"If I'm honest it has been a frustrating season for me so far. I got injured at the start of October and then I picked up another not too long after I was back. I also found myself out of the starting line-up for a bit too.

"That's how you have to be because this is a team game, and when my chance came along I made sure I took it. It was a bit fortunate because it kind of coincided with the loss of KG (Dikgacoi) which was a shame as he had been doing very well.

"But it has been nice playing for Fulham again, I had missed it and hopefully there is a lot more to come from me now."

White Noise

http://fulhampatsfan.blogspot.com/2010/02/why-would-bobby-zamora-leave-fulham.html

Why would Bobby Zamora leave Fulham this summer?

Why would Bobby Zamora leave Fulham this Summer? This is the question I am pondering today. I was on one of my favorite sites today friendsoffulham.com. I noticed one of the posts was regarding Bobby Zamora. The post on friendsoffulham.com was entitled " Who are we going to lose Zamora to in the Summer".

My first thought that came to my mind was why? I read the reasons in the comments behind the original post. The reasons I was reading from posters ranged from "Bobby Zamora doesn't like it here" to Fulham is a "small club".

The first reason "Bobby Zamora doesn't like it here" is an interesting question. I have seen some of the gestures he has made after scoring goals. Is that gesture meant for the fans or is it meant for his critics? I haven't read or seen anywhere that he is unhappy at Fulham. If he was so unhappy why did he want to stay at Fulham rather than go to Hull?

The second reason I read was Fulham could lose him this summer because they are a "small club". This reason to me is the real argument. In past the larger clubs would take the best players from the smaller clubs over the summer. They can offer more money and possibly European football. I can see why many people would automatically think Bobby Zamora will likely be gone this summer. A team in the "big four" or like Manchester City can cherry pick and get whoever they want.

I personally think he will stay this summer. First, he is under contract with Fulham. He is not free to just walk. Second, if he is happy with the club and flourishing in this system why would he want to leave? He is a key person in the club and scoring goals at a great pace. Third, if the club values him like I think they do, they should do everything they can to make sure he stays. They might be a "small club," but if the desire of the player is to stay and the team wants him to stay I think combined sides can make it happen. I would hope that Fulham would try to offer him a new contract to ward off new bidders this summer.

The "Brede Hangeland" saga this summer is a perfect example of what I just described. Every day from say June until the transfer window closed it seemed I read somewhere that he would be leaving to a bigger club. Arsenal was the club mentioned the most in regards to Brede Hangeland. Brede made it public he wanted to stay, but it was obvious he was looking for a better contract from Fulham. This saga continued the whole summer. Even when Hangeland went public with his desire to stay the media still kept saying he was in "play" with another team. What happened in the end? Brede Hangeland signed a new contract with Fulham and stayed with the team. There was a desire by both sides to make it happen.

In my opinion as long as there is a desire for both sides to continue to work together Bobby Zamora will continue to be a Fulham player.

Posted by Fulham-Pats Fan at 11:28 AM 

White Noise

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/34624/Captain_Cana_issues_rallying_cry.aspx

Captain Cana issues rallying cry

Author:  Nigel Brown

Posted on:23 February 2010 - 04:00 PM

Captain Lorik Cana insists free-falling Sunderland are good enough to retain their Premier League status.

The Wearsiders saw their winless Premier League run extended to 13 games after losing 2-0 at Arsenal on Saturday.

The Black Cats have plummeted from the top eight down to their current 14th place in the table, but Cana believes their fortunes will improve when manager Steve Bruce is finally able to name his first-choice line-up.

Combative midfielder Lee Cattermole will return from suspension for Saturday's visit of Fulham to the Stadium of Light.

"The players that came in against Arsenal did well, but we have Catts back for the next game and that is so important," Cana told The Journal.

"I really believe that when we have our strongest XI, we can do well against any team in this league.

"Having me and Catts on the pitch for the rest of the season is very important.

"The manager has told us that this is the time for us to show great spirit. I agree with him and think that we showed that against Arsenal.

"If we take that mentality into these next four or five home games, then I am confident we will be okay.

"I am a fighter, I never give up, but I think we have a team who have great fighting spirit."

White Noise

http://www.footballfancast.com/football-blogs/roy-hodgson%e2%80%99s-miracles-at-fulham?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ffc_Premiership_Blogs+%28FFC_Premiership_Blogs%29

Roy Hodgson's miracles at Fulham

Date: 23rd February 2010 at 3:56 pm

Roy Hodgson has been a much travelled manager in his time, meaning he must have picked up a lot of skills and knowledge. He can look at his current post at Fulham and be proud of his achievements, and the desire to want more from a club that looks well equipped to compete now, and in the future.

Fulham supporters have every right to feel optimistic, especially due to the fact that the club is playing European football this season. They will be hoping for the same next season. Considering they finished in an impressive seventh place last term, the question of second season syndrome was put to them. That has been answered with another campaign that has shown a lot promise, whilst Hodgson is bringing the best out of players that were under-achieving before. The key has been putting a team together that has a mixture of unheard of players or players who looked to be stalling with their careers.

Players such as Mark Schwarzer, Brede Hangeland and Erik Nevland have been successful signings, although the player that has really shone is Bobby Zamora. Going shopping for bargains from abroad shows the understanding the manager has. Hodgson has shown that he can get the best out of a player who has always looked like he is ready to deliver. Zamora must be one of the leading candidates to be named as Fulham's player of the season. He has been on a great goal-scoring run, and has caught the attention of England manager Fabio Capello.

The intention of spending and the financial resources available to Fulham will be looked at if Hodgson is to make the squad stronger. When the owner happens to be Mohamed al Fayed then there must be a temptation to try and buy your way to glory. The squad does not have a Wayne Rooney or a Cesc Fabregas but their core players like Damien Duff, Danny Murphy, Bobby Zamora, Clint Dempsey and Brede Hangeland are playing at a level that is sufficient enough. As good as those players are will Fulham be able to attract a Champions League player? You get the feeling that finishing between seventh and tenth position is well within the club's grasp, but Hodgson may have the ambition of ending further up the table should the next couple of seasons see a real progression.

Rather than give false hopes and expectations to fans, Hodgson continues to reiterate that the priority is the Premier League, even with the excitement of the Europa League and the fact that they are in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup. This probably comes from the fact that they survived relegation in the most amazing circumstances two seasons ago. Fulham used to talk about becoming the Manchester United of the south, but the strategy has been changed to a more realistic one. Along with that they have also altered away from developing the picturesque Craven Cottage stadium which sits on the banks of the Thames.

All in all, Hodgson's years abroad seem to have made him appreciate the demands of English football. He has shown that to the Fulham faithful because his team always tries to play the game with style. The fans may be worried that all the good work will come to an end, judging by Hodgson's timeline for staying at one club, but it seems that at his age, 62, he will not be using Fulham as a stepping stone for pastures new. The chance to cement himself as one of the club's great managers is there for him.

White Noise

http://fulham.theoffside.com/team-news/bobby-for-england-in-2010.html

Bobby for England in 2010

By: timmyg | February 23rd, 2010

Ollie Irish over at Who Ate all the Pies is polling his readers if Bobby Zamora is good enough for England. He personally thinks not and offers actual (compared to others, which I'll get to later) rationale:

It's not that I don't think he's a very strong striker who is capable of unsettling most defenders. It's not that I don't like him as a player – believe me, I'd LOVE to see him score the winning goal in the World Cup final and then 'Shhhh' Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini. It's simply that his playing style is not well-suited to international football – put him in an England shirt and he wouldn't get away with half of the physical stuff he does in the Prem. That's a problem, and other big front men such as Peter Crouch have experienced it before on the international stage. Even Alan Shearer had to tone down his natural elbows-and-all game for the Three Lions.

Although I don't see Zamora as being that physical, he does have a point. Like with most 'good' college quarterbacks in American Football, I think he is excelling within the team's system — a system that sees him as more than just a hold-up/target man. But, when taken out of the system, questions arise.

Compare this to members of the ESPN Soccernet podcast, excluding Fulham fan Adam Williams, TalkSport, and the always open-minded Alan Hansen on MOTD2 who shrugged such suggestions without giving any particular reasons.

In the other camp, besides all the Fulham fans, is Teddy Sheringham. Me? Well...

Although it's not my national team, I don't see why Bobby shouldn't be given a chance in the upcoming match against Egypt. In fact, it's probably going to happen considering the match is next week; it's a midweek friendly that, although at Wembley, most of the big names will sit out; and Capello is known to give 'fringe' players opportunities.

The irony to this debate, which is something no one has really discussed is that in August he and Jlloyd Samuel got passports to play for Trinidad and Tobago. But had it not been for an injury in training, Zamora would have played against the United States in a September World Cup Qualifier. Which in turn would make this entirely moot.

White Noise

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/nationwide1/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/10/02/23/manual_153139.html

ZAKUANI TO STAY ON

By Mike Barton

Peterborough defender Gabriel Zakuani has agreed to stay at London Road - regardless of whether the club are relegated in May.

The 23-year-old, who has yet to play this year due to injury, is under contract until 2012 after signing permanently from Fulham in 2008 and insists he wants to remain a part of the side even if Posh are in League One.

"I'm not one to make a fuss or cause problems. I have a contract for two more seasons at the end of this one and I've always been treated well here," he said.

"It's been a frustrating season for me and the team, but I'm back in full training with the squad now and it feels great."

The Congolese centre-back still believes that his side have something to play for this season and that they can avoid relegation despite being bottom of the Championship and 10 points adrift of safety.

"To be honest I am not thinking about next season yet because we still have a chance of avoiding relegation. It will be a tough task, but we will be trying as hard as we can and I want to play my part," he said.

"But if we do go down I would want to be part of a team that can come straight back up again the following season."

White Noise

http://hammyend.com/?p=5588

The Baird necessities

by Dan on February 23, 2010

Interesting stat from Football 365:

Right-back Chris Baird had more touches of the ball than any other Premier League player this weekend.

Impressive considering just how badly his – and Fulham's afternoon started.

White Noise

Donetsk Transport Details

Tuesday 23rd February 2010

Fulham FC News

We have been advised by the Donetsk Police that a free transport service will be provided on Thursday evening for supporters who are making their way from Donetsk city centre to the Donbass Arena.

Coaches will be arranged to take Fulham fans from the Hotel Liverpool directly to the Stadium. The coaches will depart at 6:30pm local time . Fans are advised that the coaches will also be making the return journey after the game.

For your own convenience and safety you are strongly advised to use this means of transportation to reach the stadium.

The Hotel Liverpool is centrally located at 131a Artema Str.

Please note that no alcohol will be permitted on board the coaches and fans are also reminded that due to UEFA regulations, there will be no alcohol on sale inside the stadium.

Supporters who have booked the Official Club charter package will be provided with separate transfer coaches to and from the game. A full itinerary containing further details will be given to all supporters who have booked on to the charter when they check-in at Gatwick Airport for the outbound flight on Thursday morning.

If any supporters require assistance during their stay in Donetsk, they can reach Supporter Relations Manager Tommy Guthrie directly on 07717 225 164 . Alternatively, you can also contact the Club in London on 0870 442 1222 during office hours.

We hope you have a fantastic trip.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/February/DonetskTravelDetails.aspx#ixzz0gQxEUNlI

White Noise

http://hammyend.com/?p=5584

Are Fulham really 'overachievers'?

by Dan on February 23, 2010

The MOTD2 introduction to our game with Birmingham on Sunday enraged a few fans. Adrian Chiles surmised that Fulham and the Blues were punching above their weight. Either he slept through last season (entirely possible given how poorly West Brom performed) or he's forgotten that we've been in the top flight for eight years and have been steadily improving under Roy Hodgson.

This piece puts it a little more politely, but I personally am bridling at these assertions of overachieving. Hodgson certainly would want a top half finish this season I'm sure.

At the same time Fulham are looking  set to duplicate last season's top half finish and are in good positions in both the FA Cup and Europa League.  There are even some suggestions out there that Fulham's victory over Shakhtar Donetsk has elevated them to being one of the favorites to win the tournament. With great players at every position, including Bobby Zamora, who is being tipped for an international call up, Roy Hodgson has done a marvelous job guiding his team into 9th place.

In a league that tends to relate money with success Birmingham and Fulham have managed to play their way into the top half with only minimal investments.  The main key for both of these teams has been their brilliant managers and untiring work ethic.  These two teams further illustrate the class that permeates the Barclay's Premier League. It may be big spending clubs that make the league famous around the world, but it's teams like Fulham and Birmingham that make the Premier League competitive and keep the others honest.

It's difficult to argue with the sentiment but if Hodgson stays for a while by the Cottage shouldn't mid-table be our expected level?

White Noise

http://www.betting-directory.com/football/23022010/fulham-v-shakhtar-europa-league-second-leg-betting-and-preview.php

Fulham v Shakhtar Europa League Second Leg Betting and Preview

Bobby Zamora will go into this game against Shakhtar knowing that if he can carry on where he left off in the first leg at Craven Cottage but this time score the opening goal, he would give Fulham a massive chance of getting through this very tough Europa League Round of 32 tie.

Zamora of course scored a stunning match winner against the UEFA Cup Champions a week ago which gave Fulham a 2-1 first leg win but he knows that to score a goal in this match would be absolutely priceless. The striker has odds of 9/1 to score the first goal and 13/5 to score at anytime during the match with Bookmakers, paddypower which, if based on his current form, are very attractive.

Shakhtar start the match as favourites however, with most bookmakers quoting them at 1/2 odds on to win the match, while Fulham fans will be quick to pounce on the 11/2 offered about them winning the game or indeed the 14/5 odds about the draw.

2010 Europa Cup Betting.

If Fulham are to win then now is probably the right time to do so. Shakhtar are only midway through a winter soccer recess and have been largely inactive since December; that is certainly the reason their manager, Mircea Lucescu blamed on the first leg defeat. Certainly they looked a little out of touch when Fulham took the lead at Craven Cottage, but it has to be said that their excellent football instincts surfaced soon after and they looked a very good team on the night.

£100 FREE Europa League Bet from Paddy Power

We therefore think that Shakhtar will get through this tie, but they might well have to go all the way on penalties to do so. They are an excellent football team who have a fantastic home record and they proved last season that they have the pedigree to go all the way. We fancy therefore, that a 2-1 Shakhtar win (aet) is on the cards here and would back that with odds of 11/2 provided by Paddy power. We would also consider backing them to win the Europa League outright with odds of 16/1.

Match Betting

1/2 Shakhtar
14/5 Draw
11/2 Fulham

Correct Score Betting Options

1-0 Shakhtar win – 9/2
2-0 Shakhtar win – 11/2
2-1 Shakhtar win – 11/2
1-1 Draw – 13/2
0-0 Draw – 9/1
3-0 Shakhtar win – 10/1
3-1 Shakhtar win – 10/1

All odds Courtesy of PaddyPower

White Noise

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/danny-murphy/article/3662/

Mourinho not right for Liverpool

Tue Feb 23 02:14PM

First, some fantastic news. My wife Joanna gave birth to a boy, Ethan Daniel, last Friday at 2pm weighing 8lb 12oz. They are both doing really well and we are absolutely delighted with our new arrival.

On to football matters, and I genuinely believe that Chelsea will come through their Champions League tie against Inter Milan. I think they possess too much quality all over the pitch for a clearly talented Inter side; the resolve and strength that Chelsea have shown week in, week out gives them every opportunity to advance. The power and athleticism that Chelsea possess in every position will be extremely difficult for Inter to compete with.

Naturally, the English game has missed a character like Jose Mourinho since he left Stamford Bridge. He was always a little controversial and had something to say, but he certainly managed to produce the goods. Personally, I couldn't see him at Liverpool. I believe the right person to take the club forward is an individual who has a real understanding of the history and heritage that lies behind the club. His credentials and experience are excellent and he continues to impress at Inter Milan, but I don't personally see him as an ideal fit with Liverpool.

For all the talk of managerial 'mind games', they generally don't tend to have an effect on the players. It has become part and parcel of the game nowadays and I think players have become used to focusing solely on their football. If anything, mind games can backfire as they could motivate the opposition to counteract what has been said, and raise their game. Certainly players at the top of their game will understand the importance of focusing solely on what they can control, which is what they do on the pitch.

Personally, I love watching Champions League fixtures as I think most players do. I think it fascinating to see some of the world's finest teams competing, observing the different styles of plays, sampling the different stadia, taking in the atmosphere that the crowds create in these great spectacles.

I do tend to watch a lot of football in general to keep on top of everything that is going on, and the Champions League is certainly a competition that I enjoy greatly. I am only unable to view games if I am playing myself or I am travelling to an away fixture. I do tend to watch highlights or record games, as I am a firm believer that it is good to educate yourself by watching as much football as possible.

White Noise

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2010/02/24/fulham-won-t-sit-back-and-defend-against-shakhtar-says-chris-baird-82029-25899609/

Fulham won't sit back and defend against Shakhtar, says Chris Baird

Feb 24 2010 By Jacob Murtagh

FULHAM will be asking for trouble if they go to Shakhtar Donetsk playing for a draw tomorrow night, according to Chris Baird.

The Whites travel to the Ukraine with a 2-1 lead from the first leg, thanks to Bobby Zamora's winner.

And Baird admits they can't sit back and defend their slender advantage if they stand any chance of making it into the last 16 of the Europa League.

He warned: "They're the holders, so it's always going to be tough. We can't sit back otherwise we're going to create a lot of problems for ourselves.

"We'll be looking to score – we always do when we're away. Hopefully we can progress."

White Noise

http://www.tribalfootball.com/birmingham-boss-eck-danns-johnson-will-learn-facing-fulham%E2%80%99s-zamora-664301

Birmingham boss Eck: Danns, Johnson will learn from facing Fulham's Zamora

24.02.10 | tribalfootball.com

Birmingham City boss Alex McLeish believes his defenders Roger Johnson and Scott Dann will benefit from the lesson they were handed by Fulham striker Bobby Zamora.

Zamora was outstanding in Fulham's win on the weekend.

"Scott and Roger have adapted brilliantly to playing in the Premier League and have quite rightly earned the plaudits," McLeish told bcfc.com.

"But against Fulham they had a hard game against one of the best strikers in the league. Zamora has done it to more experienced defenders than Scott and Roger.

"If they want to aspire to step up to the next level they've got to overcome players like Bobby Zamora.

"Hopefully Sunday will be a great learning curve for them."

White Noise

http://www.skysports.com/football/match_preview/0,19764,11065_3151108,00.html

On-loan midfielder Wayne Brown is ruled out as he is still receiving treatment on an ankle injury at parent club Fulham.

White Noise

Ask Shorey

Tuesday 23rd February 2010

Fulham FC News

Nicky Shorey has made an impressive start to his loan spell with the Whites following his January switch from Aston Villa.

The Whites remain unbeaten in the Barclays Premier League since Shorey's arrival at the Club and have conceded just one goal in the last five league fixtures.

Now we're giving you an exclusive chance to question Shorey on anything you like, so submit your questions on Cottage Corner today and we'll find out the anwsers to your best questions later this week.

Ask your questions now|   

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/February/AskShorey.aspx#ixzz0gS282key

White Noise

Shakhtar Screening

Wednesday 24th February 2010

Fulham FC News

Don't worry if you can't make it to Donetsk for our away leg in the UEFA Europa League, you can cheer the Team on with fellow Fulham fans at one of our stylish bars at the Cottage (from 5pm, Thursday 25 February).

We are also offering a great value food and drink deal - a beer and a pie for just £5 .

After Fulham's great performance in the home leg, this is a game you won't want to miss!

Register your interest
Register your interest now   

Name*  Please enter your name
Email*  Please enter email
Telephone No 

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/February/ShakhtarScreening.aspx#ixzz0gS2KYyR5