watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (02/05/11)...

Started by WhiteJC, May 02, 2011, 08:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2011/05/02/back-to-the-boards-davies-v-bolton-gudjohnson-against-bolton-and-sunderland-zamora-against-sunderland/

Back to the boards: Davies v Bolton, Gudjohnson against Bolton and Sunderland, Zamora against Sunderland

Filed under: Analysis — rich @ 6:19 pm

Simon Davies was awesome against Bolton. The chalkboard shows just how much work he did in that critical final third.  Bolton's defence must have been begging him to leave them alone by the time 90 minutes was up.

Eidur Gudjohnson reminds me of a fairly mobile basketball centre. He's all get and give.  Here we see how Bolton could never be sure where he'd pop up next.  Our forward positions have always been quite fluid; lately we're taking this to another level.

The same but slightly different against Sunderland.  It may be a coincidence that we've won two games in a row 3-0 with him playing, but it may not.  I suspect he does an awful lot of good work that doesn't show up in this sort of analysis, sly movement, gentle but deadly passes, and generally making those around him play better.

Zamora liked the way this was working, and had a stormer at Sunderland. The two of them work together naturally. Both can be unselfish, both have excellent touches and awareness, and between them they're hard to handle.  As noted at the weekend, when I saw that these two were up front I was disappointed that Dempsey and Duff weren't to be crashing behind them. Well it didn't matter; Davies and Kakuta got the goals instead.   But this pair could give our wide midfielders all kinds of fun if they play together next season.