watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: TV Series

Started by Jack Fulham, May 03, 2011, 09:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Fulham

You guys got any recommendations on what's decent?

ImperialWhite

The Sopranos, complete box set, £50. BUY IT!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sopranos-HBO-Complete-Season-Packaging/dp/B002DQUASQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1304455732&sr=1-1

Spiral (BBC4) is also good. Gritty as merde French crime drama.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Jack Fulham on May 03, 2011, 09:47:39 PM
You guys got any recommendations on what's decent?
Yeah if you missed Sparticus blood and sand the first time round, mke sure you watch it this time. Violence sex and  good story line too boot, though to be honest i lmost gave up after the first 20 minutes the first episode. The first one was on last night i think, might be on Sky Anytime, but go out of your way to watch the rest of it.

Bilet

- Game of Thrones. Simply brilliant by HBO.
- Spartacus: Blood and Sand
- Justified

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Bilet on May 03, 2011, 10:01:22 PM
- Justified

What's Justified when it's at home? Never heard of it. What's it about? can you show us a trailer please?

Fulham_Adam

Dexter
Chuck

My two favourite shows that are still running.
The past is told by those who win.

Tom

Fulham for life!

AlFayedsChequebook

The Wire. Simply the best TV program ever. Bar none. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an uneducated fool.

Lighthouse

Awful tosh on the TV lately. The Crimson Petal and the White was good BBC costume drama. But struggling to remember anything new worth watching other than that.

American drama still better than anything we have at the moment.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jimbobob

MadMen:            AMC
Sons Of Anarchy: FX
Justified:             FX
Breaking Bad:     AMC

These are all awesome shows. I am not sure if you get them where you are - if in USA all on on here on a semi regular basis and you can watch on DVD or Hulu or other sites etc.....
Justified season finale one Wednesday. Breaking Bad starts back up in July......
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Jimbobob

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on May 03, 2011, 10:11:23 PM
Quote from: Bilet on May 03, 2011, 10:01:22 PM
- Justified

What's Justified when it's at home? Never heard of it. What's it about? can you show us a trailer please?

FFC: here is the link to the official web site: :54: :54: :54:  http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/justified/

It is about a US Marshall in Harlan County Ky USA: :54: :54: :54: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harlan_County,_Kentucky

They drink Bourbon and Apple Pie Moonshine.... :beer: :beer: :beer:
It is a great show but I don't know if you would get it or appreciate it.
It is very Kentucky which is a long way from SW6... if you know what I mean!!!

:57: :57: :57: :57: :57:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Burt

Never heard of half of these...  :002:

Only recent series I made time for was Silk.

FFCcravencottage

Boardwalk Empire
The Killing (Forbrydelsen) (Danish original not American remake)
Justified
The Defenders (watchable bit corny)
Underbelly (Seasons 1,2,3, and Underbelly Trilogy 2011) Australian
The Wire
The Shield
Martina Cole's The Runaway (only 6 Episodes)

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 04, 2011, 12:55:33 AM
Awful tosh on the TV lately. The Crimson Petal and the White was good BBC costume drama. But struggling to remember anything new worth watching other than that.

I think there has been some really good drama's on just recently
Martina Cole's The Runaway
Marchlands
Mad Dogs
The Reckoning
Silk (ok)
The Exile and Vera I haven't watched yet, like to watch them when the series has finished.

muiscatron

Breaking Bad - series 1-3

BalDrick

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 04, 2011, 12:34:57 AM
The Wire. Simply the best TV program ever. Bar none. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an uneducated fool.

Cannot argue with that point at all - 5 series of absolute sheer brilliance.

Quote from: FFCcravencottage on May 04, 2011, 08:24:59 AM

Marchlands
Mad Dogs
The Reckoning
Silk (ok)
The Exile and Vera I haven't watched yet, like to watch them when the series has finished.

Vera was pretty lame in the end - started okay but ended up being basic ITV crap, which had it had a bit more spent on it could have been really good. Case Sensitive was good though, albeit hard to take the guy who played Waterhouse seriously. Exile I am hoping to watch tonight, now I've got all three recorded; always find these things are better watched as a film rather than in bursts every evening for three nights. The Runaway has been quite good, waiting for the sixth (tomorrow I think) then will watch the fifth and sixth the same evening. Mad Dogs was good too.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Dragoman

Quote from: ImperialWhite on May 03, 2011, 09:50:01 PM
The Sopranos, complete box set, £50. BUY IT!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sopranos-HBO-Complete-Season-Packaging/dp/B002DQUASQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1304455732&sr=1-1

Spiral (BBC4) is also good. Gritty as merde French crime drama.

Agreed. Series 3 of Spiral comes to an end on BBC 4 this weekend. I have just bought series 1 and 2 on DVD from Amazon at a bargain £15.99.

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: BalDrick on May 04, 2011, 09:22:29 AM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 04, 2011, 12:34:57 AM

Cannot argue with that point at all - 5 series of absolute sheer brilliance.

Marchlands
Mad Dogs
The Reckoning
Silk (ok)

Vera was pretty lame in the end - started okay but ended up being basic ITV crap, which had it had a bit more spent on it could have been really good. Case Sensitive was good though, albeit hard to take the guy who played Waterhouse seriously. Exile I am hoping to watch tonight, now I've got all three recorded; always find these things are better watched as a film rather than in bursts every evening for three nights. The Runaway has been quite good, waiting for the sixth (tomorrow I think) then will watch the fifth and sixth the same evening. Mad Dogs was good too.

Yes I'm the same I started watching "The Event" last year which I was really enjoying, then after 10 Episodes they go and have a few months break before starting the last 12 Episodes. So I'm keeping them all until it's finished at the end of May (3 Episodes to go) then watch them.

Lighthouse

Marchlands
Mad Dogs
The Reckoning
Silk (ok)

Marchlands and The Reckoning were fine as was Silk and The Exile. Not great but you are right they were ok. I just wouldn't suggest people go out and buy the DVD of them. Worth renting though. Vera I just thought was awful, So do it by numbers drama. But it may grab you more than me. I didn't see Mad Dogs. IS it on SKY and if so is it worth renting on DVD? I know it is an opinion thing but all those were ok. Just not SPOOKS good.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

BalDrick

'IS it on SKY and if so is it worth renting on DVD? I know it is an opinion thing but all those were ok. Just not SPOOKS good.'

Mad Dogs is available on DVD yes, here - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mad-Dogs-DVD-Max-Beesley/dp/B004E0ZT3U/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1304502364&sr=1-1. I really enjoyed it, but then again I think Spooks is a steaming great pile of horse manure only slightly less annoying than a Halifax advert.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town