more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: TV Series

Started by Jack Fulham, May 03, 2011, 09:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbobob

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on May 04, 2011, 06:36:20 PM
  I was the same regarding BlueBloods, thought it was good and would only get better, but cack describes it perfectly. Sipwell, The Wire is superb, and i almost gve up on it myself because i couldn't understand the black talk, but glad i stuck with it, or i would have missed one of the best programs ever made. I even bought the boxset  :54:

Well given the above you should like Justified though you may have trouble with the white Kentucky Hillbilly talk and the apple pie dricki'n!!!........
:011: :011: :011: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Rupert

Pleased to see Lighthouse flagged up "Firefly", for anyone who has missed this, an excellent sci-fi series.
It only ran for half of the intended first series, well done to Fox for yet another inspired marketing decision to cancel a cult show with enormous potential, but such was the support of the fans that the writer then made the film "Serenity" to complete the story. Both series and film are several years old, now, so should be available quite cheaply.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

FatFreddysCat

What's the name of that American series about Irish American brothers set in Boston (i'm only guessing) one is a gang boss, the other a corrupt city official. Very good. Also there was a series called line Line of Fire (i think) over here, might have a differant name in the States, also American Irish older gang boss, but suddenly just stopped over here, it was quality, but never got advertised, i only found it by chance. Any of you Yanks shine any light on what happened to it. And i'll look out for Justified "squeal like a pig".

Jimbobob

Quote from: Rupert on May 04, 2011, 07:33:24 PM
Pleased to see Lighthouse flagged up "Firefly", for anyone who has missed this, an excellent sci-fi series.
It only ran for half of the intended first series, well done to Fox for yet another inspired marketing decision to cancel a cult show with enormous potential, but such was the support of the fans that the writer then made the film "Serenity" to complete the story. Both series and film are several years old, now, so should be available quite cheaply.

Well since you mentioned "FireFly"......
it seemed like a good reason to post a Christina Hendricks pic.. plus she had a birthday yesterday I think!!!!

"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

maksimir

Wallander (the proper Swedish one), from the late 90's/00's: NYPD Blue, and the Wire is very decent as it mixes all the 'street' stuff with local politics, etc.  The Aussie series Underbelly is very watchable also and a tad more relevant as it was based on a real life Melbourne gang/drugs war.

VicHalomsLovechild

[/quote] What's Justified when it's at home? Never heard of it. What's it about? can you show us a trailer please?
[/quote]

FFC: here is the link to the official web site: :54: :54: :54:  http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/justified/

It is about a US Marshall in Harlan County Ky USA: :54: :54: :54: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harlan_County,_Kentucky

They drink Bourbon and Apple Pie Moonshine.... :beer: :beer: :beer:
It is a great show but I don't know if you would get it or appreciate it.
It is very Kentucky which is a long way from SW6... if you know what I mean!!!

:57: :57: :57: :57: :57:

[/quote]

We'ed appreciate it. There are a couple of Kentucky's in Fulham. How is Colonel Sanders these days?

HatterDon

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on May 04, 2011, 09:37:53 PM

We'ed appreciate it. There are a couple of Kentucky's in Fulham. How is Colonel Sanders these days?

His medical condition has been stable since he died a few years back.  :011:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: HatterDon on May 04, 2011, 10:23:27 PM

His medical condition has been stable since he died a few years back.  :011:
Anything to do with his diet?

VicHalomsLovechild

Lucky for him he's got good medical insurance then  :dft009:

lamby

Quote from: Bilet on May 03, 2011, 10:01:22 PM
- Game of Thrones. Simply brilliant by HBO.

+1 Game of Thrones. Don't get too attached to any of the characters though  :002:

BalDrick

Watched all 3 episodes of Exile last night, seriously good stuff. John Simm and Jim Broadbent, I mean how much more do you need to say? Both were superb, as ever, as was Olivia Colman (nice, though a bit odd, to see her doing straight stuff), oh and Claire Goose is looking a lot better these days.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

FatFreddysCat

What's Justified when it's at home? Never heard of it. What's it about? can you show us a trailer please?
[/quote]

FFC: here is the link to the official web site: :54: :54: :54:  http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/justified/

It is about a US Marshall in Harlan County Ky USA: :54: :54: :54: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harlan_County,_Kentucky

[/quote]

[/quote]Kentucky and Fulham related. In the Mail today is a story about Liz Taylor, Brando and Jacko driving around America eating Kentucky (didn't read it ). Anyhow Vic, i was wondering where you was, so going to play this song for you
Department S - Is Vic There? 1981

The Equalizer

Fox aired the show after midnight and played it out of sequence, so nobody had a clue what the fugg was going on and they ended up cancelling it. Biggest load of crap management I've ever seen as the show is simply brilliant.

Some of the best characters I've seen in a TV show, and I've got a real thing for Jewel Staite... phwoaarrr!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Lighthouse

Quote from: The Equalizer on May 05, 2011, 11:15:24 AM

Fox aired the show after midnight and played it out of sequence, so nobody had a clue what the fugg was going on and they ended up cancelling it. Biggest load of crap management I've ever seen as the show is simply brilliant.

Some of the best characters I've seen in a TV show, and I've got a real thing for Jewel Staite... phwoaarrr!

Some great clips on YOUTUBE with Jewel talking about the show at several different Conventions. She is a lovely,funny lady.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Equalizer

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 05, 2011, 11:26:49 AM
Quote from: The Equalizer on May 05, 2011, 11:15:24 AM

Some great clips on YOUTUBE with Jewel talking about the show at several different Conventions. She is a lovely,funny lady.

Cheers for the head's up mate, I'll check them/her out.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Jimbobob

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on May 05, 2011, 09:03:43 AM

What's Justified when it's at home? Never heard of it. What's it about? can you show us a trailer please?

[/quote]

[/quote]Kentucky and Fulham related. In the Mail today is a story about Liz Taylor, Brando and Jacko driving around America eating Kentucky (didn't read it ). Anyhow Vic, i was wondering where you was, so going to play this song for you
Department S - Is Vic There? 1981
[/quote]

FFC : thats my post why are you quoting someone else curious whatever don't care
:bump: :bump: :tom:

FatFreddysCat

Duh everyone has completely overlooked the brilliant new series of Deadliest catch.

Tom

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on May 05, 2011, 10:40:32 PM
Duh everyone has completely overlooked the brilliant new series of Deadliest catch.
Not me Freddy, I have watched it from the very first season. DVR is set to record every new show.
Fulham for life!

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Tom on May 05, 2011, 11:03:32 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on May 05, 2011, 10:40:32 PM
Not me Freddy, I have watched it from the very first season. DVR is set to record every new show.
Captain Sig on the Northwestern is definately the Man Utd of the Crab catchers, everyone is catching two three crabs a pot if they're lucky, his pots are heaving as usual. The poor fella who took over from Captian Phil after he died is having a mare, the tension on that boat is unbelieveable.