Fulham Want Porto Midfielder Fredy Guarín

Started by White Noise, May 02, 2011, 12:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Anyone know anything about this lad -

http://footybunker.com/fulham-fc-after-porto-star/2733

Fulham FC after Porto star

By Derek Faucett

Reports from Portugal have suggested that West London's Fulham FC are looking into the acquisition of current Porto midfielder Fredy Guarín.

The 24 year old has struggled to find a regular starting place at Porto and having been there since 2008 is now looking for a move away in an attempt to gain more first team appearances.

The Colombian has made 51 appearances and scored 9 goals since 2008 and has also picked up 27 caps for his country since 2006. The reports also claim that Guarin will claim his title winners medal then seek a move in the summer with the Premiership being his preferred destination.

Should Fulham feel that Guarin is the right man to bring in then Mark Hughes will need to request at least £1.5m for Porto to consider it and there are apparent other parties in Spain interested in his signature.

Mr Fulham

Was FANTASTIC in Porto's Europa League semi-final against Villarreal. A player for the Top6, but not for Fulham, to be honest.

zzamora

If this happens i will personally find mark hughes and hug him.

MikeR

Price seems right for us, but am I the only one who sees an incongruity between "Porto star" and "struggled to find a regular starting place"?
We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken

Mr Fulham

Quote from: MikeR on May 02, 2011, 06:11:54 PM
Price seems right for us, but am I the only one who sees an incongruity between "Porto star" and "struggled to find a regular starting place"?

Yes, because their midfield is top-notch and Guarín is a star, without any doubts.

AlFayedsChequebook

He is a football manager legend.

Quality player, would love to see him here.

He can also hit them:

Freddy Guarin but sur frappe de 40m

Travers Barney

In the dark days we were only after portly midfielders White Noise.

Keep on Keeping on...

We are the whites
We are the whites

White Noise

Quote from: Travers Barney on May 02, 2011, 07:06:01 PM
In the dark days we were only after portly midfielders White Noise.

Keep on Keeping on...

We are the whites

Haha! I like a chubby midfield general. :59:

Hodgson and Sanchez seemed to favour British/Irish players and English speakers but I am confident Sparky will bring is Souther Americans, Africans and Continental types galore. Hands across the ocean.

clintclintdeuce

Would be a great addition to our squad.... dont reckon hes good enough to walk straight in!!!!
The Dude abides.

Jack Fulham

Been Porto's best player tonight apparently.