A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Who do you want to win the CL?

Started by MikeR, May 04, 2011, 10:41:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you want to win the champions league?

Barcelona
4 (14.3%)
Manchester United
12 (42.9%)
Wish they could both lose
12 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: May 14, 2011, 10:41:41 PM

timmyg

who cares.

is the match still on a saturday this year? good, i hope to enjoy the lovely weather.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

ImperialWhite

Quote from: timmyg on May 05, 2011, 06:23:35 PM
who cares.

is the match still on a saturday this year? good, i hope to enjoy the lovely weather.

I don't understand this attitude - same goes for international football which lots of people don't seem to care about. Do you people even like football!?

You obviously don't just support Fulham per se - you must like football itself, or you'd support the Fulhm bowls club or something. Or not even bother, since your main tie to Fulham is the football club itself (I assume, and not in a disparaging way - I don't come from London either).

Two of the best clubs in the World are playing for one of the most prestigous trophy in the World, and you don't care! Why?

timmyg

Quote from: ImperialWhite on May 05, 2011, 06:40:44 PM
Quote from: timmyg on May 05, 2011, 06:23:35 PM
who cares.

I don't understand this attitude - same goes for international football which lots of people don't seem to care about. Do you people even like football!?

You obviously don't just support Fulham per se - you must like football itself, or you'd support the Fulhm bowls club or something. Or not even bother, since your main tie to Fulham is the football club itself (I assume, and not in a disparaging way - I don't come from London either).

Two of the best clubs in the World are playing for one of the most prestigous trophy in the World, and you don't care! Why?

I like international footy -- to an extent. I support many other teams and leagues, namely, I hope Lille wins League Uhhhh and Sampdoria don't get relegated from Serie A and St Pauli in the Bundesliga. RSL losing the CONCACAF final was tragic.

But I don't care because I've seen this before. United are in their 3rd final in 4 years (after their 4th semi in 5). Barca in their second in three years (5th semi in 6).

You may think it's worthwhile, and power to you. Here, it'll be Memorial Day weekend so I'll probably be camping or canoeing or BBQ'ing, but hopefully enjoying the nice weather.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

HatterDon

and, Mr. IW, I tend to agree with the distinguished gentleman from Bawmer. It's the whole inevitability of perm any two from the same bloody 8 or 9 teams that bores me to tears. The UEFA/Europa League is much more open and interesting for that reason.

What the CL has is what has been happening to baseball here in the States. We know that Boston and the NY Yankees will be one of the four American League teams in the playoffs each year and that they'll be #1 and #2 favorites for the World Series. It's so inevitable that when it doesn't happen, it sort of seems a counterfeit season. I enjoy regular season baseball much more than post-season for that very reason -- because it's about the game in general and the individual game in particular, rather than the Yankees and Red Sox's disgusting domination of the sport.

Truth be told, I find my most enjoyable non-Fulham matches in the Prem involving teams that aren't Chelsea, United, or Man City -- although I do enjoy watching Arsenal and Liverpool.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel