more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Going Back a bit I know but Kevin Keegan has regrets

Started by Peabody, May 05, 2011, 08:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Lighthouse

I felt the same then as I did when Roy left. Neither were right for the jobs they were stabbing us in the back for. Yes people want to better themselves but who really thought Keegans lack of tactics but bubbly  enthusiasm was going to make England a good side?Who really thought Liverpool would enjoy tight, defensive tactics.

Both England and Liverpool got what they paid for. Shame neither looked at the packets for the actual contents they were buying.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

richie17

LBNo11

...Keegan might have regrets about leaving Fulham but on reflection I have no regrets that he left us as we would never have achieved premiership status with his style of play - or if we did it would have taken longer and need more expensive players to do so.

At the time of his departure I felt hurt and angry at his saying on the TV the night before on a football programme that he loved Fulham and will stay at Fulham - and the very next morning announce he was the England manager.

In the grand scheme of things we were treading water under his managership, poor tactics subsidised by great players, had he not left we would not have had Tigana to take us to the premiership (even though he couldn't have kept us there). Yes I know we had Persil and KHR in between, but Keegan leaving was a good thing for us...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

BalDrick

Fully understand why both Roy and Keegan did what they did, and in hindsight it was blindingly obvious that both would do what they did really.

Whilst I bear neither man any malice, I laughed long and loud when Germany beat England at the last match at old Wembley, and by the time I'd got back from the pub Keegan had jumped, bringing forth another hearty bout of laughter. When Hodgson was finally let go by Liverpool, my overriding emotion was relief for him. He has now started at a club more in keeping size-wise with his ability, and I wish him every success there. Keegan's done nothing of merit since and I'm sure will never work in football management again - one can only hope the same can be said of his punditry career.

Of far more importance, Fulham quite quickly moved on to better things than Keegan could have dreamt of, and I believe we will do so again, albeit Hodgson hadn't taken us as far as he could have done it could be argued.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town