watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

West Ham going to be relegated

Started by The Rock, May 07, 2011, 08:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

And when they do they will have got whats coming to them. They should have been down that season of the Tevez saga instead of Shef United. Justice will be served when they are relagated!

On a similar note - anyone find it peculiar that Neil Warnock is manager of team that is guilty of the same now? And Shef United got relegated again.

Oakeshott

If West Ham beat Wigan next week, they'll probably be ok as their last match is home to Sunderland.

TheDaddy

Nice to see them go the same way as Sheffield Utd.Gold and Sullivan are jokes.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Tom

Fulham for life!

Jimpav

Quote from: Oakeshott on May 07, 2011, 08:15:47 PM
If West Ham beat Wigan next week, they'll probably be ok as their last match is home to Sunderland.

That's my fear. Think Blackpool have a tricky run in too.

Oakeshott

Blackpool are home to Bolton and then away to Man. United. Realistically 3 points max.

Wolvs. are home to West Brom and Blackburn and away to Sunderland.

Wigan are home to West Ham and away to Stoke.

If West Ham lose at Wigan they can get a max. of 36 points and will be relegated.

But if West Ham draw they can get a max. of 37 points. Wigan would be on 37 with the away game at Stoke to go and they will struggle to get anything there. If West Ham beat Sunderland they and Wigan are likely to end up with the same points but West Ham would be ahead, on goal difference. Then West Ham would have to rely on Wolvs. getting only 3 points or less from their three games, and Blackpool getting 1 or 0 from their two. (But of course if Wigan could get anything at Stoke West Ham would be relegated anyway.)

If West Ham win both their games they finish on 39 points and stay up unless (a) Wigan beat Stoke decisively (by at least three goals) - unlikely, or (b) Wolvs. pick up at least six points - more likely but not probable, or (c) Blackpool get a point at Old Trafford - almost inconceivable (though depending on winning margins, Blackpool could finish ahead of West Ham by beating Bolton and losing at Old Trafford, but that doesn't seem likely). If West Ham and Blackpool finished on the same points and with the same goal difference, which is by no means impossible, I think West Ham would be relegated because Blackpool will have scored more goals than them, which would be very painful if one was a West Ham fan.

Thus that Wigan v West Ham game is huge. I think West Ham will win it.

Mr Fulham

Burt

The run in is too close to call.

Exciting stuff.

I hope Blackpool survive.

Fletchino

Wigan have hit a bit of form and will put up more of a fight and hold the mighty bottom of the leauge hammers to a draw. Really want west ham down and Blackpool to stay up

Tom

Quote from: Burt on May 08, 2011, 06:43:10 AM

I hope Blackpool survive.
I second that. Hoping to maybe make our away game there next year if they can stay up and depending on when we play there of course.
Fulham for life!

FFCcravencottage

Well next Sunday I'm hoping to be able to stream the Brum v Fulham game on one of my computers and Wigan v West Ham on the other, they both come of the same router though with only a 3 meg strength. I will be shouting for Wigan nearly as loud as for Fulham

The Doctor

Football Focus had an interview with David Gold yesterday.  I got the sense that the West Ham heirarchy wouldn't be too disappointed with relegation as it would allow them to offload some of the players on ridiculous wages and set in motion a financial restructuring of the club.  I think I'm right in saying that they ran Birmingham well from a financial point of view, so they're probably looking to follow a similar model at West Ham.

If you accept this theory, it seems the West Ham owners and FoF are in agreement.  Wonders will never cease!