watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

DANDY FC ROUND 2 - VS HAMILTON AZURRI FC

Started by michaelread, May 12, 2011, 09:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelread

Round two report by Laurie Jones, Centre Back.

Overall, a much better performance from the DFC boys this week against much better opposition than the previous week. After a strong start with high intensity and build up of pressure on the opposition, effort levels started to drop off as we all tired, ultimately leading to the first goal for Hamilton Azzurri. A shot came back off the post with Azzurri being the quicker to react and tap in to an open goal. 1-0.

30 mins in saw Charlie leave the game after an energetic contribution, making lots of good runs, and tackles. As the first half went on, Shakey kept DFC in the game with a number of top-notch saves to go into the break at 1-0 down.

The second half saw a revitalised, determined DFC take the field, less star right back, Guy Bevan who had to leave at the break after a solid first half. We were able to listen to what coach Matthew Lee and the others had said at half time and translate that to what we were doing on the pitch. A truly dominant 15 min period of short-passing and long balls making our way up the field gave DFC a number chances before Keiran was taken down just outside the box, right in front. Keiran's first effort was drilled low into the wall, but followed it up with an equally powerful shot into the bottom corner. DFC erupted, 1-1, game on.

With Azzurri rattled by the equaliser, DFC piled on the pressure and it was only a matter of minutes before Keiran ran onto a loose ball to gracefully chip the goalkeeper with the outside of his right boot, putting the boys in front.

DFC looked the better team for much of the second half, but with no reserves left on the bench due to two players leaving to go to work, tiredness started to set in. Azzuri's 'Green-boots' was able to get a powerful shot off from just outside the box which Centreback Daniel 'Pom' Carr sent skyward off his head. Goalkeeper Shakey was left rooted to the spot having lost the ball in the sun, and the ball came down to glance off an Azzurri head and bounce it's way to the far post. A momentary lapse in concentration and the game was levelled at 2-2.

After the first half I felt like we were being outplayed by a superior team, but by the full time whistle I think a draw, if not a win for DFC would have been a pretty fair result; an excellent second half boys. :)

Man of the match this week goes to Andrew "Shakey" Shakespeare for keeping us in the game with a handful of saves that could easily have made our second half comeback impossible had they gone in. Honourable mentions to Pom for being solid at the back, and pushing forward when given the chance, and Keiran for running all day, and scoring two very, very nice goals.

Laurie

----

This means Dandy FC currently sit in 5th position on the 8 team table with a game against Kahiba FC on Saturday afteroon.....the morning after the 21st birthday party of two of our players...oh boy.

With this weeks updates to the table being incorrect (they put us down for a 3 - 1 loss rather a 2 - 2 draw) the table is incorrect. Will add the table to this  post if they update it in time.

FatFreddysCat

Sounds like you need a decent central midfield enforcer  :59:

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on May 12, 2011, 05:14:45 PM

Fredsters right, but unfortunately I've now retired from playing and will only come out of retirement of I get the phone call from
Mark Hughes

On the the hand, if you want a quality coach, talk to my agent

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on May 12, 2011, 06:18:52 PM

Fredsters right, but unfortunately I've now retired from playing and will only come out of retirement of I get the phone call from
Mark Hughes

On the the hand, if you want a quality coach, talk to my agent
And his agent will put you in touch with me  :59: , Fulham's most successful manager  :008:

Fletchino

I thought you were the manager of Middlesex!!!

Fletchino

Townsend quality coach haha
They lost 10-2 then you coached them we had one less player 21- 0

michaelread

Hahaha mate, trust me, the midfield is being held down pretty well at the moment.  :028:

Tonight we go to a 21st where the hosts have put $2000 on the bar to subsidise the drinks. $1 spirits. I dont think we will win tomorrow. hahaha.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: FLETCHINO on May 12, 2011, 11:56:07 PM
Townsend quality coach haha
They lost 10-2 then you coached them we had one less player 21- 0

Fletch my pea brain friend, youre getting me mixed up with Gay Jay, if you remember i was ref for the 2nd Middlesucks v Surrey game and played the last 10 mins(best player on the pitch), and as im a London boy would never manage Middlesucks or Surrey :dft010:

Just for the record, my CV reads as managing Fulham Casuals fc to a league and cup double in my first season(only missed the treble in a dubious 2nd cup fianl that season by the odd goal) and coaching numerous young kids who have gone on to professional academies, so stick that up your jumper  :53: :045:

Oh nearly forgot to mention helping  Fulham supporters fc to winning the UK Supporters league   and also being a scout for Fulham  :Sparkyticus: :wine:

Fletchino

Haha touchy
Most of that might well be true Southfield White but you defo took at least one training session with them. Of course you was by far the the best player on the pitch for the last 10 minutes Middlesex went down the pub with 20 left!!!

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: michaelread on May 13, 2011, 08:53:46 AM

Hahaha mate, trust me, the midfield is being held down pretty well at the moment.  :028:

Tonight we go to a 21st where the hosts have put $2000 on the bar to subsidise the drinks. $1 spirits. I dont think we will win tomorrow. hahaha.

Done tht many times, usually ends with a  :020: on the pitch.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: FLETCHINO on May 12, 2011, 11:53:45 PM
I thought you were the manager of Middlesex!!!
Middlesex Fulham supporters you dumbass.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: FLETCHINO on May 13, 2011, 03:36:29 PM
Haha touchy
Most of that might well be true Southfield White but you defo took at least one training session with them. Of course you was by far the the best player on the pitch for the last 10 minutes Middlesex went down the pub with 20 left!!!
And we had no goals Murphy to peg us back a bit  :hook: . We did cheat  bit by playing Taylor because he has three legs   :002:

SouthfieldWhite

Haha touchy

Ha ha , not touchy, just putting the record straight, so just for the record, i never did train the Surrey team, i mean, youve seen them play, im a football coach not a miracle worker  :011:

Anyway how the Middlesucks  slut, Mikey, the same mikey that lives in SURREY but plays for Middlesuck ? :035:

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on May 13, 2011, 04:27:13 PM
Haha touchy

Ha ha , not touchy, just putting the record straight, so just for the record, i never did train the Surrey team, i mean, youve seen them play, im a football coach not a miracle worker  :011:

Anyway how the Middlesucks  slut, Mikey, the same mikey that lives in SURREY but plays for Middlesuck ? :035:
First touched down in Heathrow Middlesex  :54:

Fletchino

Anyway back to what this post is about that party tomorrow night so wicked!!!