watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Europa Fair Play Announcement May Be Today

Started by White Noise, May 10, 2011, 07:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC Norway

We will know in a couple of days if England is top 3 in the fair play table and get another place in europe, but we wil not know witch team getting that place before the end of the season.

Since the last fair play(premier leauge) table we have recived 10 yellow cards, Tottenham and Blackpool 8 and Everton 13, so I think we still have a god chanse.

ImperialWhite

I suspect we'll beat Spurs - I know it's based on more than just cards, but in the Prem Stats disciplinary table:
Fulham (1st)   36 p   45 y   0 r   45 pts
Tottenham (4th)   36 p   50 y   2 r   56 pts

elgreenio

Quote from: ImperialWhite on May 11, 2011, 08:53:19 AM
I suspect we'll beat Spurs - I know it's based on more than just cards, but in the Prem Stats disciplinary table:
Fulham (1st)   36 p   45 y   0 r   45 pts
Tottenham (4th)   36 p   50 y   2 r   56 pts

Not to mention they surely must have dropped some points in the other scales with their high pressure games, hopefully a bit of trouble in the North London derby will lose them some respect points. Then if only Harry would have gone absolutely nuts about the Chelsea non-goals to lose some respect points.
touch my camera through the fence

JBH

Taken from UEFA website

The UEFA Fair Play Competition, which was introduced in the 1993/94 season gives three countries the chance to enter an additional club in the 1st qualifying round of the Europa League. UEFA maintains a ranking list based on all national and club matches played between May 1 and Apr 30 (in the past this period was June 1 to May 31) in all UEFA competitions except the UEFA Regions Cup.

So it should be finalised soon but they have to know which teams finish in the European qualifying places before they can say who it will be o looks as if it may have to wait until Sunday.

FFC Norway

Quote from: zzamora on May 11, 2011, 12:24:13 PM
We're still second!

But its before the Liverpool game and Spurs have the same average on the latest table, so I think they are i pole position now

Shredhead

Europa League regulations are here:
http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/competitions/Regulations/01/48/48/90/1484890_DOWNLOAD.pdf
According to 2.05 3 teams get in on Fair Play grounds.

Seems clear from here: http://www.uefa.com/uefa/socialresponsibility/respect/news/newsid=1586457.html that the cut-ff point was 30th April so no need to worry about the 5 yellows on Monday.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Logicalman

I recently posted a reply on the Offal concerning this. After doing a little digging on the UEFA site (not an easy task as the info is buried very deep and I got lucky due to a comment on a blog somewhere), I found the UEFA document pertaining to how clubs may qualify for a place.

ANNEX V: Fair Play Assessment

1. Conduct according to the spirit of fair play is essential for the successful
promotion and development of and involvement in sport. The objective of
activities in favour of fair play is to foster a sporting spirit, as well as the
sporting behaviour of players, team officials and spectators, thereby
increasing the enjoyment of all those involved in the game.

2. In its efforts to promote fair play, UEFA establishes association fair play
rankings for each season, based on all matches played in all UEFA
competitions (national representative and club teams) between 1 June and
31 May. In establishing these rankings, only those associations whose teams
have played at least the required number of matches (total number of
matches assessed divided by the number of associations) are taken into
account. For this purpose, fair play conduct is assessed by the appointed
UEFA match delegate. In reward for the fair play example they set, a
maximum of three associations which attain a previously-defined standard
(average of 8.0 points or more in the rankings) each receive one additional
place in the UEFA Cup of the next season. These additional places are
reserved for the winners of the respective domestic top-division fair play
competition. If the winners of the domestic top-division fair play competition
in question have already qualified for a UEFA club competition, the UEFA
Cup fair play place goes to the highest team in the domestic top-division fair
play rankings which has not already qualified for a UEFA competition.

How all the above is interpreted is still somewhat of a mystery as, as mentioned above, they also state on another page the date of April 30, and the official Prem site (Barclays) only shows results for the Fair Play table up to and including April 30.

In addition is the following from another document found on the same site:

ANNEX V: Respect: Fair Play Assessment Introduction

1. The fair play assessment forms part of the Respect campaign. Conduct
according to the spirit of fair play is essential for the successful promotion
and development of and involvement in sport. The objective of activities in
favour of fair play is to foster a sporting spirit, as well as the sporting
behaviour of players, team officials and spectators, thereby increasing the
enjoyment of all those involved in the game.
UEFA Respect fair play rankings

2. In its efforts to promote fair play, UEFA establishes association fair play
rankings for each season, based on all matches played in all UEFA
competitions (national representative and club teams) between 1 May and 30
April. In establishing these rankings, only those associations whose teams
have played at least the required number of matches (i.e. total number of
matches assessed divided by the number of associations) are taken into
account. For this purpose, fair play conduct is assessed by the appointed
UEFA match delegate.

Criteria for an additional place in the UEFA Europa League
3. In reward for the fair play example they set, a maximum of three associations
which attain an average of 8.0 points or more in the rankings each receive
one additional place in the next season's UEFA Europa League. If some
associations are equal on points in the rankings, lots will be drawn by the
UEFA administration to define the associations that receive an additional
place. These additional places are reserved for the winners of the respective
domestic top-division fair play competitions, provided that this national
assessment is based at least on the following criteria: red and yellow cards,
positive play, respect for the opponents as well as for the referee, and the
behaviour of the team officials and of the crowd. If the winner of the domestic
top-division fair play competition in question has already qualified for a UEFA
club competition, the UEFA Europa League fair play place goes to the nextranked
team in the domestic top-division fair play rankings which has not
already qualified for a UEFA competition.

Interpret away I guess.

Lighthouse

Fulham FC Official
The latest Fair Play table released today sees Fulham in second place with two games remaining...

SO - Thusday Night in Hogenspittle or Verdahagensmorf and then Sunday matches in the Prem. Oh the joy.

Alright I know I am in the minority but I just don't see the advantages outweighing the disadvantages
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fulham_Adam

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 11, 2011, 04:53:33 PM
Fulham FC Official
The latest Fair Play table released today sees Fulham in second place with two games remaining...

SO - Thusday Night in Hogenspittle or Verdahagensmorf and then Sunday matches in the Prem. Oh the joy.

Alright I know I am in the minority but I just don't see the advantages outweighing the disadvantages

I may have to work some saturdays so it's ideal for me!
The chance to play in different locations against some big name European teams again is an exciting prospect for me.
The past is told by those who win.

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

finnster01

Fulham FC Official

Those stats are not including the Liverpool game, and the results quoted were released before that horrible match.

Just goes to show how on the ball the Sarah Brookes marketing department is. TYpical Fulham uselessness. Why do we even bother paying these fools wages?

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Schnabs

If England is given a Fair Play spot, I believe, the surest way for us to get it is to hope that Tottenham wins out.  Considering their form that will be a tall order.  There simply seems to be too much hockus-pockus mumbo-jumbo within the amalgamated domestic fair play table equation to count on us beating Tottenham out (especially after our 5 yellow card drubbing on Monday) for that spot.  Of course, that cuts both ways, Tottenham isn't playing convincing football either right now and maybe they'll lose points in certain ways as well.

My evidence that the domestic fair play calculation covers the entire season is simply from my memory of how it shook out the last time England was granted an extra Fair Play spot.  From what I remember, it came down to the last day, and Man City somehow squeaked ahead of us.

cs194

Hi, a Spurs fan here. I saw this thread via Google when I was searching for some information on the subject.

Just to confirm that the UEFA table ran from 1 May 2010 to 30 April 2011 and the final version should be published any day now. The Premier League Fair Play table runs until the every end of the Premier League season. That table is based on five categories as shown on the Premier League web-site and only one (red and yellow cards) is objectively scored. The other four are subjectively scored by assessors that attend every game and therefore it's difficult to second guess who may finish where.

By the way I don't even want to qualify for the Europa League by coming 5th and so I certainly don't want to enter it by Fair Play and start playing on 30 June! You're more than welcome to it...

JBH

Okay last season the Fair Play teams were announced on Mon 10th May, this was because our Premiership season finished on Sun 9th May.

Working on that principle I do not expect there to be any announcement until Mon 23rd May as this is the day after the league season ending.

So sorry folks but we have another 11 days to wait  :003:

epsomraver

Quote from: finnster01 on May 11, 2011, 05:01:37 PM
Fulham FC Official

Those stats are not including the Liverpool game, and the results quoted were released before that horrible match.

Just goes to show how on the ball the Sarah Brookes marketing department is. TYpical Fulham uselessness. Why do we even bother paying these fools wages?

Sarah Brookes is in charge of media not marketing Finn and yes I would!!!

The Equalizer

Quote from: epsomraver on May 12, 2011, 01:10:24 PM
Fulham FC Official

Keep your eyes off, I tried to chat her up first!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

BB

Quote from: The Equalizer on May 12, 2011, 01:19:35 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on May 12, 2011, 01:10:24 PM
Fulham FC Official

Keep your eyes off, I tried to chat her up first!

GET IN THE QUEUE!!! Youngest at the back... age before beauty!!  :drums: :drums: