watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I know i will get put down but

Started by alfie, May 10, 2011, 07:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

I think it is totally unfair to keep on having a go at Salcido, it is quite obvious that Hughes wants him to play as an attacking full back, and if that is the case then Hughes should ensure that he has cover when he goes forward, you, me, Hughes and everyone else knows that when it comes to pace Salcido does not have it so there is no way he is going to get forward and then get back to cover the breaks.

Last night he was faced with a player running at him, and with no cover behind him he had no choice but to back off, he was still placed between the goal and the ball and this allowed a bit of time for others to get in behind, and the abuse that was dished out to him from all around meant that they were not looking at what was happening just as usual looking for someone to blame.

Lets us not forget how Baird was verbally abused about how bad he was.........

Salcido does not pick himself , Hughes selects the team and if it is wrong then it is him who needs to change it.

I am very much of the opinion that if you continue to put someone down then they are only going to stay down.

Now i sit and await the onslaught.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Bilet

I just think he isn't good enough for a Premiership team. I think this season as a whole have showed that. Add to that he's 30 years old and probably won't have a good chance at getting much better. Should be sold in the summer. Would much more like a young Briggs making the mistakes. Look at Flanagan at Liverpool. No PL experience, took his chance and is now rated as more than just a talent for the future...

nevzter

I quite like what Salcido brings to the squad - H&H need to provide cover for him and last night it simply wasn't there. COYW.
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

alfie

Quote from: Bilet on May 10, 2011, 07:28:14 PM
I just think he isn't good enough for a Premiership team. I think this season as a whole have showed that. Add to that he's 30 years old and probably won't have a good chance at getting much better. Should be sold in the summer. Would much more like a young Briggs making the mistakes. Look at Flanagan at Liverpool. No PL experience, took his chance and is now rated as more than just a talent for the future...

Bilet - i don't think you are wrong but it is the manager who selects players and strategy, Salcedo is i guess doing what he is told.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Jack Fulham

Doesn't look like England has worked out for him if I'm honest which is frustrating because he's still quite talented (going forward). Maybe Briggs will step up next season.

fulhamguy

He is an attacking full back as you say.

Remember who plays in front of him aswell, no wonder he gets a bit of a run around as Dempsey drifts across the pitch quite a lot.
COYW!

Ag

Unfair to keep having a go at him, and less fair to do so using racially denigrating terms.  It's unfortunate that that practice isn't being moderated.

MJG

Quote from: fulhamaustin on May 10, 2011, 08:03:07 PM
He is an attacking full back as you say.

Remember who plays in front of him aswell, no wonder he gets a bit of a run around as Dempsey drifts across the pitch quite a lot.
people forget this point, the LM of fulham is very fluid whoever plays there, unlike the right side where Davies/Duff fully support the full back.
Saying that Salcido does seem a little out of his depth in the Prem and he's not the first or the last where it does not work out.

richie17

Still think he's a cracking player. Taking some time to adjust for sure, but left-backs who can attack like he can don't grow on trees.  If it doesn't work out next season then by all means have another think, but I'd be reluctant to judge him on a season where he's had injuries, adjustments, and a team changing its approach around him.  Reckon he's done alright, personally.

Jimpav

I think you are right Alfie in that Hughes is responsible for the team and that Salcidio shouldn't cop all the flack.

Problem is Hughes isn't likely to drop a player that he asked to spend x amount of money or pay x amount of wages too. That's not going to do him any favours with MAF.

Secondly for all the talk of playing Briggs he's not a proven left back and I doubt he would have done a better job if instructed to play an attacking role. For his lack of pace and defensive short comings Salcido does have a mean cross.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Ag on May 10, 2011, 09:45:50 PM
Unfair to keep having a go at him, and less fair to do so using racially denigrating terms.  It's unfortunate that that practice isn't being moderated.

Ag, PM me (or any of the MODS) if you see anything that is racial. Thanks.