watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Subversive tee-shirts

Started by HatterDon, February 25, 2010, 05:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

No, it's not the name of an indie rock band [although that would be cool]. This afternoon I was drinking a Shiner Bock [okay TWO Shiner Bocks] in the legendary Texas music venue John T. Floore's Country Store, when a young fella came in with a black tee-shirt that read:

A T F

For those who don't live in the ZI, black ATF tee-shirts are worn by members of the Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms task forces. This is probably the LEAST popular law enforcement agency in Gawd's country. Anyhow, There was some writing underneath the shirt, and the message was:

ALCOHOL, TOBACCO, and FIREARMS -- Add a bag of chips, and you got a party!
Got to admit, it was my favorite tee-shirt since I saw the one that read:

JESUS LOVES YOU
[but everyone else thinks you're a pendejo]

Your candidates for subversive tee-shirts?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

tjl

There's one that was hitting the headlines in the UK, a firm of tee shirt makers in Scotland are being investigated by race relations over a shirt for the World cup that states,

Any one but
                                  The
                               ENGLISH

By the way HD that book by W P Kinsella " The Iowa Baseball Confederace" to say the least it is hard going, not got to your friend's poem yet it had better be good to make up for this all over the place sudo baseball book.

HatterDon

Quote from: tjl on February 25, 2010, 05:50:59 AM
There's one that was hitting the headlines in the UK, a firm of tee shirt makers in Scotland are being investigated by race relations over a shirt for the World cup that states,

Any one but
                                  The
                               ENGLISH

By the way HD that book by W P Kinsella " The Iowa Baseball Confederace" to say the least it is hard going, not got to your friend's poem yet it had better be good to make up for this all over the place sudo baseball book.

It's The Iowa Baseball Confederacy, and it's not a poem, it's a quote from a poem. It is in the title section of the book in the first few pages.

Glad you're giving it a shot. It's not James Joyce, but I think you'll like it before it's done.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

timmyg

I guess I don't fully comprehend the term "subversive" in relation to the t-shirt, but I like this one:

"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

jarv

If you want a good baseball book, moneyball by michael lewis.  Nick Hornby rated it the best sports book in years.

AmericanJames

Some people are literally too stupid to insult