https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (12.05.11)

Started by White Noise, May 12, 2011, 07:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

A Welcome Return

Thursday 12th May 2011

After a major injury setback at the start of his Fulham career last summer, Philippe Senderos is fighting fit and ready to battle for a place in Mark Hughes' starting eleven next season.

Senderos made his Fulham debut in the Club's 3-0 victory over Sunderland at the Stadium of Light at the end of April and the former AC Milan and Arsenal defender revealed to fulhamfc.com that he is simply happy to be back doing what he loves.

"I'm really pleased to be back," Senderos told fulhamfc.com. "I'm training with the team 100% and getting my first game [against Sunderland] was a big thing for me. When I came back from the 2010 World Cup I got injured, I ruptured my Achilles, so I didn't have time to show anything to the new Management.

"As soon as they arrived I had to introduce myself and show that I was committed to the cause. It's hard for an injured player to show that you're part of the team but I tried to do that from the beginning and show that I would be working as hard or even harder than the other boys.

I think I got a little reward [against Sunderland] and everyone was pleased with the work that I put in. I've been waiting a long time - I was thinking whatever comes for me this season is a bonus but now that I've played my first game, hopefully I can continue from it."

Senderos is not underestimating the challenge that awaits him next season when it comes to earning a berth in the heart of Fulham's defence. With Aaron Hughes and Brede Hangeland having formed a formidable partnership over the past few seasons, Senderos' return from injury offers Mark Hughes an impressive array of quality and experience in defence to choose from next season.

"Here at Fulham I have a very good and experienced partnership in front of me," the Swiss international explained. "The team defends really well, you can see that we don't concede many goals. I will have to keep pushing and see if I can offer something different. I'm happy to have at least contributed this season and hopefully I can build on it next season."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/May/SenderosReturn.aspx#ixzz1M8wiwk7I

White Noise

Inside Fulham

Download the latest edition of the Inside Fulham Podcast.

Mark Hughes after Liverpool defeat 11 May 2011

Wed, 11 May 11

Duration:
6 mins

Available:30 days remaining

Mark Hughes on that 5-2 home defeat against Liverpool, on his future at Fulham and on his old club Manchester United being on the verge of a record 19th league title.

Download 3MB (right click & "save target as")

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/iffc

White Noise

Behind Hart, Robert Green, who has not played a minute since the World Cup, is suddenly back as deputy, with Fulham's uncapped David Stockdale - who has not played a single minute for the Cottagers since January 30 when Mark Schwarzer returned from Asian Cup duty with Australia - the likely back-up.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Martin-Lipton-s-at-Lunchtime-Read-Ben-Foster-has-damaged-himself-and-England-with-a-selfish-act-article734724.html#ixzz1M90a2k4l

White Noise

http://footybunker.com/bundesliga-club-want-more-money-for-their-premier-league-target/3043

Bundesliga club want more money for their Premier League target

By Anton Felt

Bundesliga side Freiburg have claimed that offers received so far for their Senegalese striker Papiss Cisse have been far off their estimation and suggest Premiership teams will need to offer more cash if they wish to hire his services.

Papiss Cisse has been linked with moves away to the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Fulham and Blackburn but Freiburg's General Manager Dirk Dufner has told the German press that whilst the player would like to move to a bigger club, the right transfer figure is yet to be offered.

"Papiss Demba Cisse definitely has the idea of playing for a bigger club at some point in his career. Still no club has offered the certain amount of money required."

Dufner added.

"Should this become true at a very late point in pre-season and shouldn't we be able to sign a replacement then, Papiss will have to stay on."

With Cisse's value currently upwards of £12m it seems the Premier League clubs may be forced to look elsewhere.

White Noise

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/697907-clint-dempsey-move-to-paris-saint-germain-would-be-a-great-move

Clint Dempsey Move to Paris Saint-Germain Would Be a Great Move

By Andrew Jordan(Featured Columnist) on May 12, 2011

On May 10, news surfaced that French giant Paris Saint-Germain, during this summer, were to be bought by Qatari investors over this summer, which at this time appears to be a very realistic possibility.

If the Qatari investors by the team, it has been reported that they will inject at least 50 million euros for the next three years into the transfer market for PSG.

Currently, PSG have a massive problem with their books, with an annual loss of 19 million euros and have not been able to win France's Ligue 1 since 1994.

Since this news has came out that PSG will have new ownership, there has been speculation over who they will try to get. And it appears that PSG are ready to get one of America's best footballers in England.

That player is none other than Clint Dempsey, the owner of an American record 12 goals in the Premier League this season and the holder of 33 career goals in the EPL, more than any other Fulham player in their time in the Premier League.

However, it appears that manager Mark Hughes has his eyes set on young Italian striker Pablo Osvaldo during this summer's transfer market.

Considering the fact that Dempsey plays the same position as Osvaldo, and one could see that there is a strong possibility that Dempsey's days are numbered at Craven Cottege.

Now many Americans (and Fulham fans) would be opposed to this move for a variety of different reasons.

For starters, fans would contend that Dempsey's game is perfectly suited for the Premier League, which is one of the most physical football leagues in the world.

Other fans would contend that his profile would diminish should he decide to go to France because Ligue 1 obviously is not as strong as the Premier League.

However, this potential move for Dempsey is one that he should not ignore whatsoever.

For starters, a move to France will allow him to become a more technically sound player instead of just being a physical force.

This move will also help Dempsey out tremendously financially. With this move, Dempsey will now be able to make a lot more money than he would be if he were playing for Fulham. Considering the fact that Dempsey is now 28 years old, this would be the perfect chance for Dempsey to earn a massive contract for his services.

But despite the finances and the fact that he can be a better player, Dempsey will be able to get another chance to play in either the Champions League or in the Europa League.

Of course, arguably the greatest moment of Dempsey's career came last year against Juventus in the Europa League when  Dempsey was able to lob a shot into the net, advancing Fulham into the quarterfinals.

This move would also give Dempsey the chance to play at a big club and get a great amount of playing time, unlike if he moved to a club such as Liverpool where he would not be able to register enough playing time.

Dempsey would be able to play in the Champions League for a club that will have a good chance of making a splash in Europe.

If this move was ever going to pan out, we could see PSG finally start to fulfill expectations and can get back to its era of success in the mid-1990s