https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

England gets a Fair Play place

Started by helgell, May 13, 2011, 09:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helgell

Found this on a Swedish site.
En :yay:
England comes second in the Fair Play league!
http://svenskfotboll.se/ImageVault/Images/id_61073/scope_0/ImageVaultHandler.aspx
Both the Norwegian and Swedish Football Associations have announced which teams will be in Europe.

ImperialWhite

We're all going on a European tour!  :yay:

Brede Butter Pudding

Now we need to finish above Spurs in the fair play league and we're sorted... However, I really fear that our game against Liverpool, what with our 5 yellows and now Baird's offensive gesture, we may have shot each ourselves in the foot.

All we can do is hope that:

we have a clean game against Brum and Arse

Spurs get loads of bookings/sendings off in their last 2 games

Spurs finish 5th, higher than Liverpool and therefore qualify for Europe due to their league standing, and as such we get into Europe according to our fair play place.

I'm not too confident

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on May 13, 2011, 09:42:09 PM
Now we need to finish above Spurs in the fair play league and we're sorted... However, I really fear that our game against Liverpool, what with our 5 yellows and now Baird's offensive gesture, we may have shot each ourselves in the foot.

Spurs finish 5th, higher than Liverpool and therefore qualify for Europe due to their league standing, and as such we get into Europe according to our fair play place.

I'm not too confident

We have 45 yellows, Spurs have 50 yellows and 2 reds.

We have Birmingham away and Le Arse at home, Spurs have Liverpool away (if Liverpool play as well as they have been, could be a recipe for bad behaviour as it was for us) and Birmingham at home.

I think we'll be OK.

finnster01

Quote from: ImperialWhite on May 13, 2011, 09:50:22 PM

I'm not too confident

We have Birmingham away and Le Arse at home, Spurs have Liverpool away (if Liverpool play as well as they have been, could be a recipe for bad behaviour as it was for us) and Birmingham at home.

I think we'll be OK.
No we won't unless Spuds beat Liverpool away...
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Fletchino

SG

Quote from: finnster01 on May 13, 2011, 09:54:03 PM
Quote from: ImperialWhite on May 13, 2011, 09:50:22 PM

I'm not too confident

I think we'll be OK.
No we won't unless Spuds beat Liverpool away...

You just know it will be Spurs who beat us to this by the smallest of margins

FC Silver Fox

Wait a minute.  Unless I'm very much mistaken the England final positions finished on 30th April.  Anything happening after that date doesn't count (brown envelopes notwithstanding). We were 2nd behind "the crap that dare not speak its name".  For me, this news from Sweden means that this is a done deal.  Someone keep me honest here.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/FairPlayTable
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

White Noise

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on May 14, 2011, 06:47:53 AM
Wait a minute.  Unless I'm very much mistaken the England final positions finished on 30th April.  Anything happening after that date doesn't count (brown envelopes notwithstanding). We were 2nd behind "the crap that dare not speak its name".  For me, this news from Sweden means that this is a done deal.  Someone keep me honest here.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/FairPlayTable

Apparently not. The consensus now seems to be that the English bit goes on to the end of the season.

Bilet

I think it's as easy as this:

UEFA Fair-Play table: Finishes 30th April
EPL Fair-Play table: Follows all 38 rounds, finishes 22th May.

Don't shoot me if I'm wrong, but this seems like the way and I can guarantee that's the practice in Norway.

Sheepskin Junior

Quote from: Bilet on May 14, 2011, 07:50:32 AM

Don't shoot me if I'm wrong, but this seems like the way and I can guarantee that's the practice in Norway.
As far as I understand that's right.

Even if Spuds do beat us in the Fair play surely it won't matter because they're still going to be in Europe via their league position are they not?
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Sheepskin Junior on May 14, 2011, 03:15:38 PM

Even if Spuds do beat us in the Fair play surely it won't matter because they're still going to be in Europe via their league position are they not?
I think only the fifth place tem are in the Europa,hope i'm wrong.

finnster01

Quote from: Sheepskin Junior on May 14, 2011, 03:15:38 PM

No because 6th does not get you to Europe this year (Stoke + Brum + top 4 in the CL). The 7th will be the fair play spot (assuming the rumours about England finished 2nd is true)

watfordwhite

I'm staying quiet on this incase I peak to early again........   :026: :026: :026:

finnster01

Quote from: watfordwhite on May 14, 2011, 03:40:40 PM
I'm staying quiet on this incase I peak to early again........   :026: :026: :026:
Peaking too early happens to all of us (just ask my girl friend :dft001:). It doesn't help that nobody publishes the rules in a clear and timely manner either... This whole thing has Sepp Blatter/Harry Redknapp and Sir Trevor Brooking written all over it. I'm not holding my breath to be honest. Last minute Fulham rectum invasion as usual in the works.

FC Silver Fox

You've got me lost now. If the UEFA fair play competition finishes on 30th April, surely the positions of each national league count on that day?  If the EPL carries on until the end of the season, I would have thought that this is to decide who gets the dosh.
You can't have it both ways. As Finnster says, it sounds like dodgy unpublished rules again.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Senior Supporter

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on May 14, 2011, 05:33:30 PM
You've got me lost now. If the UEFA fair play competition finishes on 30th April, surely the positions of each national league count on that day?  If the EPL carries on until the end of the season, I would have thought that this is to decide who gets the dosh.
You can't have it both ways. As Finnster says, it sounds like dodgy unpublished rules again.

No, the UEFA table runs until 30 April, and that decides which COUNTRIES have got a place. The positions in our domestic Fair Play League are calculated up to the end of the season. Last year our season ended before the European positions were announced.