Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (18.05.11)

Started by White Noise, May 18, 2011, 06:34:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://tribalfootball.com/articles/fulham-face-battle-keep-hold-dempsey-1638041

Fulham face battle to keep hold of Dempsey

17.05.11 | tribalfootball.com

Fulham face a battle to keep hold of Clint Dempsey.

The USA international has enjoyed an outstanding season with the Cottagers and his heroics have not gone unnoticed on the continent.

The News of the World says Dempsey has emerged as a shock transfer target for Paris Saint-Germain.

The French giants have the spending power to tempt Fulham into selling the American this summer.

White Noise

Sparky: Europe means Fair deal

Published: Today

MARK HUGHES will be chuffed if Fulham make the Europa League - even if it means having to play qualifiers in June.

They can get into Europe via UEFA's Fair Play league.

Fulham boss Sparky said: "You have to come back very early.

"But we will be delighted to get into the competition and will try to progress."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3585837/Mark-Hughes-will-be-chuffed-if-Fulham-make-the-Europa-League-even-if-it-means-having-to-play-qualifiers-in-June.html#ixzz1MgpWxFBm

White Noise

Move Mex sense to Sal

Published: Today

FULHAM defender Carlos Salcido is looking to quit the club and return to his family in Mexico.

The left-back, 31, wants out less than a year after moving to London for £1.6m from PSV Eindhoven.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3585780/Fulham-defender-Carlos-Salcido-to-return-to-Mexico.html#ixzz1MgpjWbMy

White Noise

http://www.football-news.org.uk/footballnews/103660/fulham-hopes-for-paul-koncheskys-return.html

Fulham Hopes for Paul Konchesky's Return

Published on May 17, 2011

by Harold Hisona

Carlos Salcido is nearing his exit from Fulham as he is also hoping to return home and play for his hometown. Salcido is a Mexico international full-back who is among the key players of Fulham.

Carlos allegedly promised his family that he'd be returning home this summer after his contract with Fulham. Prior to this, he played in the Dutch giants PSV Eindhoven where he signed a 1.6-million pound contract.

Mark Hughes is eyeing for Paul Konchesky as Salcido's replacement when the time comes. Konchesky is also close to signing a deal with Monterrey where he is hoping he could play with his national team buddy Ricardo Osorio.

Paul has failed to establish his football carrier at Anfield and Hughes is just seeing him as a cheap replacement for Salcido. He was also been shipped out on loan to Championship club Nottingham Forest.

With the rumors roaming around the football communities, Konchesky is believed to return to Fulham after reaching the finals in the Europa League last season.

White Noise

http://www.kickoff.com/news/21810/fulham-midfielder-kagisho-dikgacoi-wants-more-game-time-next-season.php

Dikgacoi wants guarantees from Fulham

Posted: 2011-05-18 11:03

Bafana Bafana midfielder Kagisho Dikgacoi warns his English Premiership side Fulham that he wants game time and does want to sit on the bench next season. 

Dikgacoi spent the last few months on loan with Championship side Crystal Palace where he has enjoyed regular game time.

Speaking to KickOff.com upon his return to South Africa on holiday, 'KG' says he enjoyed great times with Crystal Palace and is looking forward to build on his performance in the Championship League next season.

"I really enjoyed myself at Crystal Palace. The club management, the technical team and the players were very good to me and I received a warm reception from the club supporters.

"I am still a Fulham player and will be going back to them for pre-season training in June. I will be meeting with the club when I get back to map the way forward for the future but I want to be guaranteed game time, whether it is at Fulham or any other team next season."

Dikgacoi says that Bafana still have a huge mountain to climb to qualify for the Afcon finals in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea. South Africa faces a tough assignment against Egypt in Cairo next month.

"It is going to be difficult to play away against Egypt but we are going to Cairo to win. It will be a great achievement for us to win against Egypt as we need at least 4 points to qualify for the Afcon finals," he says. 

Ernest Fakude

White Noise

Senderos on Arsenal

Wednesday 18th May 2011

Philippe Senderos is turning into something of a lucky charm for Fulham since his return from a long term Achilles injury sustained last summer following his move to Craven Cottage from Arsenal.

The Swiss international has made two starts in recent weeks, playing an integral role in away victories over Sunderland and Birmingham that have fired Fulham into eighth place in the Barclays Premier League table.

Senderos has made a strong case for his inclusion this weekend after his impressive performance at St. Andrews last weekend, and the former Arsenal defender feels he has nothing to prove to his former colleagues after switching to SW6 last summer.

"I don't think I have anything to prove, I had some great years at Arsenal," Senderos told fulhamfc.com. "I won the title, the Cup and made the Champions League Final.

"There are some great things to look back on when I've finished with football. You always have a lot of competition at a club like Arsenal and before my contract finished there I went on loan to AC Milan.

"I owe a lot to Arsenal and Arsene Wenger, who brought me over from Switzerland to play in the Champions League for one of the best clubs in the world.

"So I don't have anything to prove but I'd like to prove to myself that I can play in the Premiership. That's my personal goal so I'm really pleased that I'm back at full fitness and back in contention – if I can get another game before the end of the season it's a bonus."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/May/SenderosArsenalPreview.aspx#ixzz1MhoTdQbF

White Noise

White Noise

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/7547/5/exclusive-schwarzer-injury-free-zamora-will-be-massive-player-fulham

Exclusive - Schwarzer: Injury-free Zamora will be massive player for Fulham

By Nick Rostron-Pike

Wednesday, May 18

Mark Schwarzer believes Bobby Zamora will become a massive player for Fulham if he can stay injury free.

The England striker suffered a horrific broken fibula back in September against Wolves and has only recently returned to the team.

Now the Cottagers stopper has backed the former West Ham forward to continue his good form into next season.

"
I hope he can continue the form he's showed. If he stays injury free, he'll be a massive player for Fulham
"

Mark Schwarzer
Speaking to the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show, Schwarzer said: "It's always concern when someone breaks a leg or a ankle as was the case with Bobby [Zamora].

"I think in his first full start though he scored two goals against Blackpool and he's a vitally important player to the side.

"I hope he can continue the form he's showed. If he stays injury free, he'll be a massive player for Fulham."

When asked about his season with the Cottagers, Schwarzer said: "If we can finish off the season well we've still got a chance of finishing seventh.

"We want to finish as high as possible and emulate what we did two seasons, when we finished seventh.

"It will equal our record position and be a great achievement."

White Noise

Jermain Defoe's discontent 'to spark Newcastle, Everton and Fulham bids'

Jermain Defoe's admission that he is frustrated at being cast aside by Spurs could see several Premier League clubs who are in need of strikers, including Everton, Newcastle and Fulham, launching bids to buy him this summer.

The England striker, who struggled for fitness at the beginning of the season, has failed to force his way back into Harry Redknapp's first-choice team on a regular basis.

He has netted just four goals in 21 appearances this term.

Defoe admits that while he'd love to stay at the club and be a regular, he may be forced to reconsider his options if he continues to find himself on the bench.

Fellow Londoners Fulham could perhaps be best placed to make a bid for Defoe, who is said to be keen to stay in the capital.

However, Everton and Newcastle are also both known to be on the lookout for fresh faces up front - with Defoe potentially representing one of the best available options in the country.

'I want to help the club achieve things, win trophies and get in the Champions League, but when you feel like you are working hard, training hard and being professional, and then for some reason you are not playing, it is difficult,' Defoe told Sky Sports News.

'I love the club and I still get the same buzz that I did when I first walked out at White Hart Lane, which is important.

'But for me the main thing is playing football and if I am not playing football then I am not happy, because I love my football.'

If Redknapp made the striker available for sale, it is unlikely the north Londoners would accept any bids below the estimated £16million they paid Portsmouth for Defoe in 2009.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/863652-jermain-defoes-discontent-to-spark-newcastle-everton-and-fulham-bids#ixzz1MhvItDFA

Mr Fulham

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6939092,00.html

Kameni could leave Espanyol

Cameroon keeper sets clubs on alert

Espanyol goalkeeper Carlos Kameni admits his future is unclear at the club and may look to move on.

The Cameroon internation has been linked with a move away from the Catalan club for several years, with Fulham and Malaga believed to be the latest to declare an interest in his services.

Kameni joined the Periquitos in 2004 from Le Havre as a 20-year-old, establishing himself as the club's number one and one of the best keepers in the league despite his young age.

The 27-year-old is reported to be rated at around €4million euros by his club, and the player conceded that he wanted to join an ambitious team.

"My future is not clear, it depends on God," he said.

"I have a deal until June 2013 but some clubs are interested and I need to see the details before I decide.

"I haven't spoken to the directors but I am convinced if an offer arrives I could leave.

"If I did leave Espanyol I want to go to a club with ambition. The worst thing about Espanyol is beginning each season with the idea of just avoiding relegation."

Mr Fulham

And something that might affect us...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6939040,00.html

Ba chase heating up

West Ham striker set to stay in England

Skysports.com understands a host of Premier League clubs are already jostling to sign Demba Ba.

The 25-year-old was the subject of a protracted transfer battle in January, which eventually saw him join West Ham from Bundesliga side Hoffenheim.

Doubts about Ba's overall fitness were soon quashed and he has shone for the Hammers with seven goals in just 12 games.

Despite his efforts West Ham lost their battle to stay in the league and now he is set to move, with skysports.com of the understanding he will be staying in the Premier League.

Ba has already told Sky Sports that he is not thinking about his future, but he could very well have a new employer before the end of the month.

The likes of Sunderland, Newcastle and Aston Villa have been linked in recent weeks, but skysports.com can reveal that more than half-a-dozen Premier League clubs are keen on landing his signature.