https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

AFC Wimbledon v Luton

Started by FFCcravencottage, May 21, 2011, 03:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Wimbledon have done it-get in there!

FFCcravencottage

well got to be honest Luton should have won it in normal/extra time but Wimbledon deserved it in the shoot out

finnster01

Quote from: FFCcravencottage on May 21, 2011, 05:46:15 PM
well got to be honest Luton should have won it in normal/extra time but Wimbledon deserved it in the shoot out

Nobody deserves to win in a shootout mate. Wimbledon got away with one to be honest. I thought Luton were the better team, but I am happy to see AFC Wimbledon making the league.

Now all we need is them to hook up in the cup with MK Dons.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FFCcravencottage

Quote from: finnster01 on May 21, 2011, 05:48:34 PM
Quote from: FFCcravencottage on May 21, 2011, 05:46:15 PM

Nobody deserves to win in a shootout mate. Wimbledon got away with one to be honest. I thought Luton were the better team, but I am happy to see AFC Wimbledon making the league.

Now all we need is them to hook up in the cup with MK Dons.

well I think the AFC Wimbledon goalie deserved it by his two saves, is the penalty shoot out the answer to a end of a game maybe not but that it the rules how they stand, so on the penalty shoot out Wimbledon deserve to go through.

Fletchino

Well done AFC Wimbledon your back after your club was stolen.
1988 this fixture was an FA CUP semi-final match

mccscratch

This was a can't lose for me.... Both teams screwed over in recent times.... Sorry for HatterDon but must say the it is a neat story for AFC Wimbledon.... Hope they get MK Dons real soon and thrash them up and down the park...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Oakeshott

I'm really pleased for Wimbledon. Imagine how we'd all feel if some bastard had bought Fulham and moved the club to Milton Keynes - we weren't that happy playing just down the road for a while at QPR.

FatFreddysCat

Well done Wimbledon  :54: . i have great sympathy for the way they got fecked over by Scum K Dons. May you rise up the Leagues and Francise Fc fade and and die  :clap_hands:

HatterDon

Well, we're a season or two away from another Millwall v. West Ham situation.Should be lots of fights and an odd knife attack or two when they get in the same division. It appears to me from the mountain of "tweets" read out by BBC Radio London this morning, that the primary requisite to being an AFC Wimbledon fan is not only to hate MK Dons but also to resent their very existense.

Makes the whole Luton v. Watford thing look tame by comparison.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: HatterDon on May 21, 2011, 09:59:28 PM
Well, we're a season or two away from another Millwall v. West Ham situation.Should be lots of fights and an odd knife attack or two when they get in the same division. It appears to me from the mountain of "tweets" read out by BBC Radio London this morning, that the primary requisite to being an AFC Wimbledon fan is not only to hate MK Dons but also to resent their very existense.

Makes the whole Luton v. Watford thing look tame by comparison.
Not sure what Luton was like when you lived there HD, but i went about 12 years ago when Moody got a hatrick (4-1?) and even then it was Taliban city, the town was booing our war dead last year, poo place, poo people. You can count yourself excluded HD, but it is a nasty horrible toilet, the only good thing is the airport 35  mins from me. Well done Wimbledon  :beer:

LBNo11

...I'm sorry for the loyal Luton fans who have been screwed by the incompetent and corrupt FA, but I am equally pleased to see 'Real' Wimbledon make it into the league, their meteoric rise almost reflects what Fulham achieved in the last decade but with little money and loads of passion, like Spence, I hope they soon play Franchise Dons and stuff them.

Whatever the result today, I'll bet that the citeh fans wished they could make that much noise in a half filled stadium..!

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Rupert

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on May 21, 2011, 10:31:00 PM
Not sure what Luton was like when you lived there HD, but i went about 12 years ago when Moody got a hatrick (4-1?) and even then it was Taliban city, the town was booing our war dead last year, sh1t place, sh1t people. You can count yourself excluded HD, but it is a nasty horrible toilet, the only good thing is the airport 35  mins from me. Well done Wimbledon  :beer:

You know, I'm not too sure that 12 people = "the town", Fred, you need to be a bit careful about believing all you read in the Daily Mail and the Sun, they don't let inconvenient facts get in the way of a good old fashioned rant.

For the record, the last time the fanatics tried holding a spontaneous demo in Bury Park (the bit of Luton containing their awful ground) they found themselves surrounded by those people you have just shown such disdain for, and if the old Bill hadn't turned up to protect their human rights, the fanatics would no longer be here.
Sorry if I'm being a little over the top here, but having grown up in London in the 70s and having this sort of cr@p thrown at me whenever the IRA set a bomb off, I do have a lot of sympathy for the 99% of British Muslims who have to put up with this nonsense, to say nothing of the Hindus who also live in Bury Park but, guess what, get tarred with the same brush.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

VB

my 1st ever non-Fulham game was at Wimbledon vs Bradford ( I decided to stand in the away end with the Yorkies, much more fun.) Can always remember Being thrown out of there home end when we played them, walking down the sideline as the players come out for the second half, my Brother then pulled the linesman's shorts down, thankfully we he got lost in the crowd before the coppers could get to him.
As for luton, went there with my Chelsea mates, 16.000 crowd, I swear 12.000 of that gate were Chelsea,best bit I remember was when a copper went into the Chelsea end to try and arrest someone, last thing i saw of the copper was his helmet (the one on his head) being thrown on the pitch. Plus I always brag about the time I played American Fooyball there.
FULHAMISH: The more things change, The more they stay the same

Jack Fulham

I think if there ever is a fixture between AFC Wimbledon and MK Dons, Wimbledon will boycott the match because they refuse to recognise them as a club I think. If remember they were drawn against each other in the FA Cup earlier in the season but MK Dons lost there replay so the match never went ahead. A lot of Wimbledon fans were saying they'd boycott it. I wonder if the club itself would of seeing as it is run by fans.

finnster01

Quote from: Jack Fulham on May 22, 2011, 11:06:36 AM
I think if there ever is a fixture between AFC Wimbledon and MK Dons, Wimbledon will boycott the match because they refuse to recognise them as a club I think. If remember they were drawn against each other in the FA Cup earlier in the season but MK Dons lost there replay so the match never went ahead. A lot of Wimbledon fans were saying they'd boycott it. I wonder if the club itself would of seeing as it is run by fans.
They'd never boycott it. Huge money earner for the club. It would be a complete sell out, plus on the telly, and 99.9% of all football fans in England wanting AFC to win.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

epsomraver

You are right there Finn, it would be a real "coming of age" for AFC, I wonder if they will ever drop the AFC out?