News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Having given it some thought I see no reason why Blackpool should pip us..

Started by Tktd, May 24, 2011, 01:08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

We were 16 points ahead of Blackpool as of 30th April 2011

Now a yellow is -1 pt and a red -3 pts

So in our last three games we got 12 yellows and 1 red leaving us with -15pts from our total, meaning that we were still 1 pt ahead of blackpool not including any cards the got in their last three games...

Well Blackpool got 5 Yellows, putting them 6 pts behind us on cards alone.

Ok that's not the biggest of margins but then you have to look at the other factors.

You have to look at the other factors and say have we done ourselves any disservice so much so to the point that we may have lost even further ground...

With points awarded for respect shown by club officials , opponent, referee and for positive play...

Well against Birmingham we got 2 goals away from home, and registered 20 shots in that game..

Against Arsenal apart from Geras red card (which even when he got it he showed respect to the ref ) , the club officials have always minus the wolves gme shown good standard of conduct , whilst the players may have got the cards in all the game I don't remember them eitherhaving a go at heeferees to a point above the norm which a ref would expect in the league so have we really fallen down too much? I don't think so... perhaps  could b wrong, stranger things have happened in the corridors of FIFA and UEFA and the premier league for us to take anything for granted but I would be surised if we had fallen that far behind, especially seeing as it was only noticeably on the card front where we took a dive (but were still aheadof them anyway).

helgell

You're forgetting the Baird incident. Surely a two match ban for showing the ref the v-sign is more serious than the yellow card he was given. If we lose it , Baird and Gera can share the blame? :wink:
But I think you're right, we probably will finish above Blackpool.

TonyGilroy

The FA won't want two relegated clubs in the Europa so if they can tweak the result.......

Burt

Or we can do the time-honoured thing when it comes to representation to footballing authorities, and slip them a brown envelope with wads of cash stuffed in it.

Whiteroom

Quote from: Burt on May 24, 2011, 09:18:02 AM
Or we can do the time-honoured thing when it comes to representation to footballing authorities, and slip them a brown envelope with wads of cash stuffed in it.

I'll chip in a tenner.