News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wouldn't it make sense if Mark Hughes signs the new contract now?

Started by finnster01, May 27, 2011, 12:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

Before all the players go on a short vacation? At least you would think knowing who your boss is going to be would be advantageous before the shopping window opens. I don't think MAF wants another last minute thing again after the way Roy left us in a heap. At least I hope not.

Hate to see a lot of gamesmanship whether from MAF or Sparky. Get the job done. Fulham deserves it.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

sipwell

I thought you wanted him to be sacked. What happened, mr. weathervane? :P :P :P
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Scrumpy

Word on the street, rumour has it, that they're working pretty hard to get this done and dusted over the next week or so.

English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

AlFayedsChequebook

sipwell

elgreenio

has to be looked at in a transfer sense, who is going to want to come into a club and sign a 3 or 4 year deal knowing that the manager who wanted them is only nailed on for 1 more year. Wouldn't expect any players to come in whilst his future is uncertain
touch my camera through the fence

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: sipwell on May 27, 2011, 01:28:05 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 27, 2011, 01:25:31 PM
If he doesn't sign, bring in Ancelotti!

:58:

Ancelotti has said he wants to stay in England and has also said that he would consider a smaller team.

jarv

Stability is the word. The more which can be done to achieve this, the better! :54:

sipwell

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 27, 2011, 01:53:55 PM

Ancelotti has said he wants to stay in England and has also said that he would consider a smaller team.

That doesn't mean I have to like the idea. Ancelotti has only managed teams where he would be able to compete for a top position (given the reputation of the club or the money at his disposal). I sincerely believe that managing a club with wealth (in players and money) is different than managing a club with players which aren't all superb like (let's admit it) Fulham.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: sipwell on May 27, 2011, 01:58:37 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 27, 2011, 01:53:55 PM

That doesn't mean I have to like the idea. Ancelotti has only managed teams where he would be able to compete for a top position (given the reputation of the club or the money at his disposal). I sincerely believe that managing a club with wealth (in players and money) is different than managing a club with players which aren't all superb like (let's admit it) Fulham.

His first job was at Reggiana (a Serie B team) who he guided to promotion before moving to Parma the following season.

Parma are not a huge club either (although he did get substantial backing)

He might not do so well at Fulham, but I would counter that he could do equally well with the side as Mark Hughes could given the same budget. Ancelotti is a class coach and a winner you cannot doubt that.

clint23

C'mon, we all know that Ancelotti is a brilliant manager, and he is better than Hughes at the moment.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Bogdan23 on May 27, 2011, 02:27:38 PM
C'mon, we all know that Ancelotti is a brilliant manager, and he is better than Hughes at the moment.
At the moment i wouldn't swap Hughes for any other manager, not even the Special 1

HatterDon

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on May 27, 2011, 05:40:19 PM
Quote from: Bogdan23 on May 27, 2011, 02:27:38 PM
At the moment i wouldn't swap Hughes for any other manager, not even the Special 1

word to yer muvva!  :54:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel