News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

mls game on tv. Some thoughts and questions.

Started by jarv, May 29, 2011, 02:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Watching New England v LA Galaxy (Beckham, Donovan) and I can't figure it out.

The playesr are decent, they are very fit. They started fast, several long balls, quite enterprising. They looked up for it. However, after a while it just seems to break down. The play becomes scrappy, full of bad touches, ball in the air too often. When they play possesion football it is useless possesion with no cutting edge. Eight passes sideways or backwards then it is hoofed (often out of play too).

I watched a bit of Stevenage v Torquay today and MLS is about the same standard but have to say Stevenage in particular had a few players who would be dominant in MLS. Perhaps it is the atmosphere in empty large stadiums here in USA. (Although Seattle and Toronto get good crowds) I have attended a lot of new England games but it just doesn't do it for me, can't get too excited.

Any comments, fellow MLS watchers.?? I have tried for years to get it to grow on me. I have had as much luck as when I tried to grow vegetables many years ago. Still waiting for someting to sprout.

Second half about to start, maybe it will get better. 094.gif

RidgeRider

You are forgetting Portland, they sell out every match in a football only stadium and the crowds are louder than the Cottage. The crowds in LA are good as well. Football is not as good but the fan base is growing. I have been enjoying it this year even though quality is lower.

jarv

Second half better. Crowd getting louder. LA clearly the better team. Mr. RR, I am not having a pop at MLS, I think it has more to do with new England. For a long time their football has not been the best and attendance is poor.

However, they did have dempsey. He was a different class, even back then, so young. Seriously, it was worth admission to see him play.
Can't see the revs scoring unless they get some luck.  Maybe I'll go to the next game. :54: